It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CaptainGyro: Not a bitch but just a random question

What happened to SimonG? Did he leave the forum for good? I just realized I haven't seen a post of his in awhile.

I sound like a weirdo for asking
Probably just busy. Dunno. I still see him online on Steam fairly frequently.
Ubuntu * installing old version of PostgreSQL + old version of PostGIS = raaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkklllllllllllllllll stna.

huh. feel better now :)
iippo: Ubuntu * installing old version of PostgreSQL + old version of PostGIS = raaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkklllllllllllllllll stna.

Nothing worse than having the "wrong" version of your software in your distro's repo. I've gotten good at installing non-repo software/compiling from source (and at accepting non-ideal versions for less important stuff).
Huzzey5: Not only has the rest of my life taken a nosedive cause I can't concentrate or think straight, the one thing I love most, fighting, has been taken. It sucks

On the bright side, so long as I don't get hit again there's no permanent damage :/
Oh crap, that sucks man, sorry to hear that. When you're feeling better, try and replace that "high" you got from boxing with something, you'll probably do better with those endorphins and that feeling.

As for not feeling well, I know it sucks when you're not at your best, but hopefully your family, friends, and job were supportive:)
Post edited February 10, 2013 by orcishgamer
high rated
Woke up this morning, checked my Email to see if any "emergency support" requests occurred overnight, and found an Email from my life insurance company that linked me to a "Notice of Demise!"

Shit, I had no idea that I had expired.

I guess I had better notify my beneficiaries before they dance with exuberance over their tax free windfall. I am joking on this part, as the body of the "Notice of Demise" pdf actually contained updated customer support phone numbers and nothing else.

Should I croak today, or within the next policy period, the beneficiaries will at least have some circumstantial Twilight Zone shit to amuse themselves with :-)
iippo: Ubuntu * installing old version of PostgreSQL + old version of PostGIS = raaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkklllllllllllllllll stna.

orcishgamer: Nothing worse than having the "wrong" version of your software in your distro's repo. I've gotten good at installing non-repo software/compiling from source (and at accepting non-ideal versions for less important stuff).
I am totally out of my depth with Ubuntu (or any linux for that matter) - just trying to learn postgresql and postgis stuff, but Ubuntu seems to want make even installation some kind of heroic feat.
orcishgamer: Nothing worse than having the "wrong" version of your software in your distro's repo. I've gotten good at installing non-repo software/compiling from source (and at accepting non-ideal versions for less important stuff).
iippo: I am totally out of my depth with Ubuntu (or any linux for that matter) - just trying to learn postgresql and postgis stuff, but Ubuntu seems to want make even installation some kind of heroic feat.
What version of Ubuntu?

I don't know if you need Postgres version 9.2, but here's some instructions for adding a new PPA, which is what you'll need to do (i.e. look for instructions that look like this, but include the Postgres version you want): http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-postgresql-9-2-on-ubuntu-server-using-ppa.html
iippo: I am totally out of my depth with Ubuntu (or any linux for that matter) - just trying to learn postgresql and postgis stuff, but Ubuntu seems to want make even installation some kind of heroic feat.
orcishgamer: What version of Ubuntu?

I don't know if you need Postgres version 9.2, but here's some instructions for adding a new PPA, which is what you'll need to do (i.e. look for instructions that look like this, but include the Postgres version you want): http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-postgresql-9-2-on-ubuntu-server-using-ppa.html
Ill check that link a bit later.

Ubuntu 12.10 - if perfect world I would install postgresql 8.4 and postgis 1.5.8. But it seems to be so difficult, that ill just have to try install some more complete package. dbenterprises pack looked good, but had wrong (even older version) of postgis + I couldnt launch the app stack builder again for some reason.
orcishgamer: What version of Ubuntu?

iippo: Ill check that link a bit later.

Ubuntu 12.10 - if perfect world I would install postgresql 8.4 and postgis 1.5.8. But it seems to be so difficult, that ill just have to try install some more complete package. dbenterprises pack looked good, but had wrong (even older version) of postgis + I couldnt launch the app stack builder again for some reason.
Only install Ubuntu LTS versions, 12.04 is LTS, you'll be sad in 2 years if you're still using that machine and the damned thing is out of support already. Since you said you were "new", I figured you might not have known this unfortunate issue.
iippo: Ill check that link a bit later.

orcishgamer: Only install Ubuntu LTS versions, 12.04 is LTS, you'll be sad in 2 years if you're still using that machine and the damned thing is out of support already. Since you said you were "new", I figured you might not have known this unfortunate issue.
I kind of blowed fuse and installed win8 for now. I got those cheap upgrade licenses earlier - lets see what happens next. I managed to do the installation on win7 at work pretty easily. So i am hopefull, bu we'll see.

Id really like to get into Ubuntu / Linux, but i just dont have the time atm to fight all that crap that doesnt have actually anything to do with USING the program... Married, 2 children and busy at work - not the best combo to learn anything at all. :(
I made a barbecue right now, I started at 2am....so what?
EDIT: nvm.
Post edited February 12, 2013 by AlKim
I shaved off my beard which I hadn't so much as trimmed in five years, now my chin is gone!
Today someone giveme Fable 3 gift on Steam....but I even know the person.
Sigh...

There are people who clog the toilet, run away and wait until someone else unclogs it.
I guess I'll go unclog someone else's mess.

/edit: Everything went better than expected. I came back to bitch about it and when I went back to unclog it, it had unclogged itself. Yay :)
Post edited February 13, 2013 by Adzeth
My knee hurt this morning. The past few months have been the first in my life where I've had general aches and pains like that. I know I'm still quite young in most peoples' eyes, this "I feel old" feeling sucks.

Also, no matter what I pour into it, my bathroom sink is almost completely clogged.