It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dear GOG-ers.

Try to find an apartment to rent, in Athens, through the phone, from abroad. During the strikes.

Enjoy.
Telika: Try to find an apartment to rent, in Athens, through the phone, from abroad. During the strikes.
Challenge accepted.
Telika: Try to find an apartment to rent, in Athens, through the phone, from abroad. During the strikes.
Fenixp: Challenge accepted.
... were his last words.
KylieM: Gah, been outside most of the day, now my arms and neck are sunburnt as hell... ouch!
When i go to work in morning, its pitch black. When I leave from the work. Its pitch black. Winter in Finland is %=)#%)(# pitch black. And I will not ever start about temperature.
Somehow I began to realize lately that most things that matter to me are related to gaming but gaming is no longer a big enough part of my life. I saw the combination "GBC" on a license plate of some car and my thought process was someting like "cool: game boy color, lol" just to be followed by "this is useless knowledge I won't be able apply to anything of meaning, ever!".

Why is it that as kids we could do what we wanted to do but as adults we just can't? Does everyone go through this process towards maturity? Seems more like resignation to me. OTOH the adult in me tells me that gaming doesn't really matter and that I'm more likely to seek an easy escape from real life...
Really need to see a doctor but I'm between volunteering and new career and have no health insurance and FUCK the American health care system.
ggf162: This girl that I ACTUALLY thought was into me since early just friend-zoned me tonight over facebook. Relationships fucking suck, eh?
What does friend-zone mean?
Mervert: What does friend-zone mean?
"You are nice and all, but I'd rather we stay friends" is more or less the accepted term. Depending on who you ask, you may get more bitter responses.
My stepdad, may as well call him Dad, succumbed to the effects of lung cancer on the 21st.

He truly was a great guy, and I could not have asked for a better husband for Mom and a better Dad for us 'kids' (we're all 40+). For 22 years he helped lead me to the right path, was a friend, mentor, advisor, and set the example for me to follow. It's not overstating things to say that he played a huge part of making me what I am today. I will always be grateful for that.

Thanks, Dad.

Under the circumstances, the end came quickly after nearly a year with the diagnosis. As of five weeks ago, he was still playing in the local pool league. Three weeks back he started becoming much slower and began to lose a bunch of weight. The actual end came like one flipped a switch inside, and occurred over a matter of a few days instead of being the long and drawn-out process that often takes place.

I know this is supposed to be a bitch thread, and it thoroughly stinks that he's gone, but I can't help but be thankful that we had all of this time with him.
HereForTheBeer: My stepdad, may as well call him Dad, succumbed to the effects of lung cancer on the 21st.

He truly was a great guy, and I could not have asked for a better husband for Mom and a better Dad for us 'kids' (we're all 40+). For 22 years he helped lead me to the right path, was a friend, mentor, advisor, and set the example for me to follow. It's not overstating things to say that he played a huge part of making me what I am today. I will always be grateful for that.

Thanks, Dad.

Under the circumstances, the end came quickly after nearly a year with the diagnosis. As of five weeks ago, he was still playing in the local pool league. Three weeks back he started becoming much slower and began to lose a bunch of weight. The actual end came like one flipped a switch inside, and occurred over a matter of a few days instead of being the long and drawn-out process that often takes place.

I know this is supposed to be a bitch thread, and it thoroughly stinks that he's gone, but I can't help but be thankful that we had all of this time with him.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you're OK!
Thanks. The wife and I are fine though it certainly was a painful few days; but hey, we all face these things periodically.

For now we're all somewhat worried about Mom since that's a big loss for her to go through. She seems okay, and has a lot of support, but you never know how one will deal with things like this over the long haul. I know there will be a lot of tough moments - empty house, going through his stuff, all the paperwork, going familiar places without him, that sort of thing - that will cause anxiety and pain but overall I'm certain she'll focus on the good memories and get through it okay.
I'm going to sleep, here is 04:35am...and I work at 9am.
oh shit....bye!
I'm at work having to wait something to finish (takes a couple of hours with some input needed from me every now and then), and in the meantime I thought I'd watch some Youtube videos.

Youtubve gives me the infamous "500 Internal Server Error"! Oh noes, Youtube is down?

You never realize it before you lose someone you love, even for awhile. Youtube, come back!
I have to take my cat in for his shots today. It's a 100 round trip and my cat hates the car. It's going to take me the better part of a day to clean up all of his piss and shit and vomit from the back seat.
itti: Somehow I began to realize lately that most things that matter to me are related to gaming but gaming is no longer a big enough part of my life. I saw the combination "GBC" on a license plate of some car and my thought process was someting like "cool: game boy color, lol" just to be followed by "this is useless knowledge I won't be able apply to anything of meaning, ever!".

Why is it that as kids we could do what we wanted to do but as adults we just can't? Does everyone go through this process towards maturity? Seems more like resignation to me. OTOH the adult in me tells me that gaming doesn't really matter and that I'm more likely to seek an easy escape from real life...
Don't lose hope.