It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh hey, "My Pictures" syncs even if you move it somewhere else... great... lovely... thanks for deleting all my Europe pictures I didn't put on facebook you automated bullshit, I appreciate it.
Felt like shit yesterday, I think I had to orally discharge fluids (read puked like hell) about a dozen times. Sure was glad when I was able to hold my breakfast down today.

With very few exceptions, the greatest bitch about life in general, has to be that it ends.
Better include the long and protracted dying process with that. We're seeing that my stepdad is reaching the debilitation stage of his lung cancer, and it's having a crappy effect on my folks.

It's one of those things where you want them around forever, but that you also want their end to come with a minimal amount of pain and suffering. He's now in that period of near-constant pain, and is wasting away. Really hard to watch it happen.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Thunderstone. Hoping the new year is the turn-around you seek.
today I have a terrible headache

woke up feeling like a zombie, barely made it to work, feeling literally dead

Fuck me
The girl sitting on my left likes me and she keeps trying to talk to me. Except that I am sort of deaf from that side and can't hear a damned thing leading to several awkward moments of uneasy silence and bizarre exchanges; I have to read her lips and she keeps blushing . ...I can't ask her to sit on the right since that one is taken by this fat bloke.
Post edited January 02, 2013 by Lionel212008
Lionel212008: The girl sitting on my left likes me and she keeps trying to talk to me. Except that I am sort of deaf from that side and can't hear a thing leading to several awkward moments of uneasy silence and bizarre exchanges;
Tell her to sit to your right. Amateurs...
Roman5: feeling literally dead
Fuck me
So that's how you hit on necrophiles.
Post edited January 02, 2013 by F4LL0UT
I may have the best but slowest Sherlock skills ever. It just occurred to me, with a delay of three friggin' years, that a certain gorgeous girl was asking me out on a date before we had even met personally. :P
Lionel212008: The girl sitting on my left likes me and she keeps trying to talk to me. Except that I am sort of deaf from that side and can't hear a damned thing leading to several awkward moments of uneasy silence and bizarre exchanges; I have to read her lips and she keeps blushing . ...I can't ask her to sit on the right since that one is taken by this fat bloke.
explain you're a bit deaf in that ear to her, women have a tendency to be understanding when it suits them
Post edited January 02, 2013 by reaver894
Addicted to buying games on sale when i shouldnt be spending....
high rated
HereForTheBeer: Better include the long and protracted dying process with that. We're seeing that my stepdad is reaching the debilitation stage of his lung cancer, and it's having a crappy effect on my folks.

It's one of those things where you want them around forever, but that you also want their end to come with a minimal amount of pain and suffering. He's now in that period of near-constant pain, and is wasting away. Really hard to watch it happen.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Thunderstone. Hoping the new year is the turn-around you seek.
Agree completely, and sorry you are going through that.

For me, it happened a number of years ago when my father died, and know well the transition you take from hoping/wishing/praying that they get better, to seeing it all play out in a protracted way, and then just wishing/hoping/praying that whatever is best for them just happens.

After so much time and agony, you get to feeling that they've certainly paid more than their dues to get out of this world, and to get marginally better for a short time just to do it all over again, would perhaps be more cruel than just passing.

Hope very much, that whatever is the best for you guys happens, and sorry once again to see you/someone else go through it.
Post edited January 03, 2013 by Dischord
Thanks. I don't want to wish this on anyone, but it's still some comfort knowing that others go through similar things and come out the other end okay.
I came here to bitch about how I did a demo lecture and now they're taking forever getting back to me on whether I get the job or not, but then I read HereForTheBeer's posts and realized I have nothing to bitch about.
Please don't look at it that way. Others in the thread have been in worse spots, and we're certainly not the first, or last, family to have cancer enter the picture. It's just one of those things, ya know? It sucks now, it'll suck for a while afterward, and it'll cause an adjustment or three as it changes Mom's living situation afterward. But life will go on and I'll soon have my regular small bitches again.

This is the place to let it all out, so please do so if you need to.

Speaking of small bitches, not looking forward to the long drive down to Texas starting Saturday. 1,000+ miles - all of Saturday and half of Sunday - and 16+ hours in the car. The return trip is longer since I'll be another 300 miles farther south, around San Antonio, to meet the wife for a visit with her folks before I wrap up my trip. And that day, we'll get up around 3:30am so I can get her to the airport on time for her early flight home. Ugh. I used to love the long drives but it's becoming more of a chore the older I become.
I'm feeling kind of dizzy and nauseous.

/edit: ..and I have a reason to believe I may be confused. At least the less rational part of my mind is blowing things out of proportion. I should probably stop thinking and engage in milkshake consumption.
/edit2: Feeling better now. Dunno what that was about.
Post edited January 07, 2013 by Adzeth
Thunderstone:
Sorry about your cat Thunderstone.. :-(