It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This was a lovely way to end the new year, unfortunately of my cats had to be put down today. We tried everything to try and save him, but unfortunately over the past year he kept losing weight and had a lot of problems, his little body was shutting down. Problems with the heart, thyroid, and we suspect near the end his liver was causing him some problems too. He stopped eating as much, and then finally stopped.

We tried getting his teeth cleaned Friday because he seemed to be favoring one side but he finally stopped eating. We had 8 cans of cat food going trying different flavors hoping he would eat something, anything. When we took him into the vets, well the vet today even suggested that it was time to let him go and we did. :'(

I think even Kasper knew his time was up, he spent a lot of time with us but that little sparkle in his eye was gone. It had to be done.

In memory of Kasper I am temporarily changing my avatar to him. May he rest in peace
Post edited December 31, 2012 by Thunderstone
langurmonkey: PS
I'm also drinking alone if that makes you feel better.
Ian: Well I not drinking, but i alone too.
Why?
Thunderstone: This was a lovely way to end the new year, unfortunately of my cats had to be put down today. We tried everything to try and save him, but unfortunately over the past year he kept losing weight and had a lot of problems, his little body was shutting down. Problems with the heart, thyroid, and we suspect near the end his liver was causing him some problems too. He stopped eating as much, and then finally stopped.

We tried getting his teeth cleaned Friday because he seemed to be favoring one side but he finally stopped eating. We had 8 cans of cat food going trying different flavors hoping he would eat something, anything. When we took him into the vets, well the vet today even suggested that it was time to let him go and we did :'(

I think even Kasper knew his time was up, he spent a lot of time with us but that little sparkle in his eye was gone. It had to be done.

In memory of Kasper I am temporarily changing my avatar to him. May he rest in peace
R.I.P. Kasper.
Post edited December 31, 2012 by langurmonkey
Ian: Well I not drinking, but i alone too.
langurmonkey: Why?
to which bit lol

ok drink = I don't, have been t-total for years

alone = Kristy is in bed, as was at work 6am yesterday morn, so would not have been fair to ask her to stay up.
langurmonkey: 'snip

R.I.P. Kasper.
Thank you, we had him for 16 years. I think he had a good, long life at least. Just wish we had another couple more years with him
Well, cheers to that mate. - I still have real friends and a girl I like very much. I just though that it would be nice to meet the ol' chaps after all this while. It doesn't really bother me that much though since I understand the reasons for several of 'em not making it.

Cheers to a new and better life.

langurmonkey: Fuck 2012. I can't wait until 2013. 2012 was a shitty year for me.
Lionel212008: Well, all my college buddies sort of flaked out on me this new year's.I was really looking forward to meeting everyone.We always do each year - it is the only time we meet anyway since we are all working now.

My best friend who is a girl ditched me.We sort of got kicked to the curb. She has been acting menopausal anyway and wasn't very happy that I found someone and her life was going nowhere.Regardless, I kicked her off my fb account - I really can't stand such boorish behavior.

Since I had little in the way of a contingency, it leaves me all alone stuck back at home with a bottle of rum for company and the all encompassing darkness.
langurmonkey: Well look at the bright side. Now you at least you know all your friends weren't really your friends so no more wasting time with them, no chance of trusting them with something really important and them letting you down. No more living a lie. Now you have more time for new friends who will hopefully be real friends. May next year, bring you new real friends. :)

PS
I'm also drinking alone if that makes you feel better.
Post edited January 01, 2013 by Lionel212008
itti: What hit me somewhat "strange" was the realization that I now know my coworkers better than my long time friends who I usually meet only once a year. Seems logical but strange nonetheless.
Not really surprising since you probably spend more 'time' with your work colleagues. Im in the same boat. Don't see my older friends (in terms of how long i known them) very often since it takes more of an effort ;)
I'm happy 2012 is over, this really has been the year from hell. Hopefully, the new cycle will bring in some better times. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. All one can do
No sex yet for me. WTF...
scampywiak: No sex yet for me. WTF...
Maybe try asking a woman to help?
2nd day of January.Have no idea what to do right now. New job seems far away right now and certain other things aren't doing so well. But need to be more realistic and set better (more achievable goals this year) and remain above all positive :)
high rated
With very few exceptions, the greatest bitch about life in general, has to be that it ends.
Dischord: With very few exceptions, the greatest bitch about life in general, has to be that it ends.
It somewhat makes my quest to "know everything" somewhat futile, but I'm going to enjoy the experience regardless. Also, the drunken debauchery, gonna enjoy that too.

Have a good New Year, man:)
high rated
orcishgamer: It somewhat makes my quest to "know everything" somewhat futile, but I'm going to enjoy the experience regardless. Also, the drunken debauchery, gonna enjoy that too.

Thanks, happy New Year wishes, and know that desire to know everything well.

To this point, I've figured out that the only thing I know, is that I really don't know anything, but wish you the best in your endeavor :-)

Having a few myself today, and wondering if I should voluntarily go to the drunk thread, or wait for someones 'bitch about life' thing, to banish me there :-)
orcishgamer: It somewhat makes my quest to "know everything" somewhat futile, but I'm going to enjoy the experience regardless. Also, the drunken debauchery, gonna enjoy that too.

Dischord: Thanks, happy New Year wishes, and know that desire to know everything well.

To this point, I've figured out that the only thing I know, is that I really don't know anything, but wish you the best in your endeavor :-)

Having a few myself today, and wondering if I should voluntarily go to the drunk thread, or wait for someones 'bitch about life' thing, to banish me there :-)
Be drunk in all threads, it's the best policy;)
high rated
orcishgamer: Be drunk in all threads, it's the best policy;)
Sage advice, will take that under advisement!

[Hope the flu bout left you.]