It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: So, regret, for meeting someone who actually is that exceedingly rare and that I really cannot have.
Why?
orcishgamer: I now have a crush (a brain crush, to be specific) on a woman I should not have a crush on (because it's a stupid plan). She's gorgeous (yes, I want to sleep with her too, that's a given, I'm a guy) and it turns out she's extremely educated and smart as hell.

She asked me about an obscure screen name I had picked, knew who it was and wanted to know why I picked it. I'll bet not 1 person in a 1000 I'd ever meet would know anything about it, recognize, and certainly not care why I'd have picked it.

So now I have a crush on her brain too, I can handle a normal crush, those are common. I've only had one other brain crush and this one is killing me. Despite how nice many of the girls I see actually are, I rarely meet one that's highly educated, inquisitive, and smart in addition to being... well gorgeous (far prettier than me, for sure).

So, regret, for meeting someone who actually is that exceedingly rare and that I really cannot have.
Is she in another relationship? I'm not sure why you can't be with her, but it sounds like she's a great match for you. If she's not taken or there aren't other major complications, you should go for it. :)
Bought Arkham City GOTY on the Steam autumn sale. I spent about ten minutes configuring it and about half a minute playing before I got fed up with its shit already.

- You still have to exit the game to change the motherfucking controls.
- You still have to press a key to run during combat.
- You still have to activate the game twice, and then spend some more time confirming you accept the changed EULA of GFWL because you just want to play the stupid game and don't really care because you're frustrated already and lightly drunk to boot because the game has taken so long loading that you might as well crack open a beer or two while waiting.
- "What would Batman be doing in Arkham City?" Oh, I dunno. Probably the exact same thing he's been doing for the past eternity or so.

Arkham Asylum was supposed to be the greatest superhero game ever made; I thought it was alright but not all that brilliant. This thing better cure at least one sort of cancer if it wants me to forgive pulling the same shit as its predecessor.
Lifes boring. To have fun takes effort and confidence i dont have.
orcishgamer: I now have a crush (a brain crush, to be specific) on a woman I should not have a crush on (because it's a stupid plan). She's gorgeous (yes, I want to sleep with her too, that's a given, I'm a guy) and it turns out she's extremely educated and smart as hell.

She asked me about an obscure screen name I had picked, knew who it was and wanted to know why I picked it. I'll bet not 1 person in a 1000 I'd ever meet would know anything about it, recognize, and certainly not care why I'd have picked it.

So now I have a crush on her brain too, I can handle a normal crush, those are common. I've only had one other brain crush and this one is killing me. Despite how nice many of the girls I see actually are, I rarely meet one that's highly educated, inquisitive, and smart in addition to being... well gorgeous (far prettier than me, for sure).

So, regret, for meeting someone who actually is that exceedingly rare and that I really cannot have.
Do you plan to move forward in this direction? I think you may be setting yourself up for failure subconsciously aka. sabotaging yourself.
high rated

Some things you never know until you try, and while effort does not always guarantee success, lack of it almost always guarantees failure :-)

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!
Exams coming. I'm kind of really stressed and consequently have a really short fuse.
Renting a car tomorrow and starting the trip from WI to WV sometime in the morning, for a machine installation.

15 years ago - even 10 years ago - I'd relish this type of trip: ~900 miles in one day, easy, mostly-interstate drive, enjoying the countryside and the radio. Now I just want to get there and be done with the drive, even though I'll be hitting territory and scenery I've never been through before.
Crappy day. After intense crunching for a freelance project I'm still having trouble adapting to a more socially acceptable bedtime. My phone went dead just before the alarm should have went off. So I woke up in the early afternoon which sucks.

Now HERE comes the kicker: a friend of mine (rather a friend's friend) is working on a game project as a game designer now and she got me a freelance job as an audio guy, everything suggested that I'd be responsible for the whole thing but yesterday she wrote me that I'd receive a demo of the main theme soon to get an idea of the game's style. I was a little surprised since nobody told me about this before, so I asked whether someone else is responsible for the whole music portion. She responded "yeah, you told me music wasn't your specialty". God, she was so lucky she wasn't standing right in front of me and I wasn't holding some club when she wrote me this. Fuck me, woman! I'm mostly a composer! Turned out that she confused me with the first guy her team had been negotiating with and who ultimately got refused because he didn't know shit about game audio.

God, I'm so pissed right now.
Dischord: ...
SimonG: ...
mondo84: ...
itti: ...
She's unavailable in most senses. It's not a matter of chickening out or thinking I'm not good enough (clearly I'm awesome!). She's in a relationship of sorts, just not what most people (except around here) would think of as a relationship. So yeah, I can hang out with her, be friends, and even be intimate on a level. Which all would be fine (normally all I'd want), except, like I said, she's actually exceptionally awesome.

I tried finding something about her to be distinctly annoyed with, so I picked that she smokes, except she's the most polite smoker I've ever been around, it's not in her clothes or hair, she uses mints, doesn't run outside in the middle of something to take a cig break (I've actually never seen her smoke), so yeah... epic fail on that one:)
high rated
orcishgamer: She's unavailable in most senses. It's not a matter of chickening out or thinking I'm not good enough (clearly I'm awesome!). She's in a relationship of sorts, just not what most people (except around here) would think of as a relationship. So yeah, I can hang out with her, be friends, and even be intimate on a level. Which all would be fine (normally all I'd want), except, like I said, she's actually exceptionally awesome.

I tried finding something about her to be distinctly annoyed with, so I picked that she smokes, except she's the most polite smoker I've ever been around, it's not in her clothes or hair, she uses mints, doesn't run outside in the middle of something to take a cig break

(I've actually never seen her smoke), so yeah... epic fail on that one:)
I'm sure some would disagree, but honorable approach.

Principals are often the best, and only qualified persons, to make the call; best of luck!
orcishgamer: She's unavailable in most senses. It's not a matter of chickening out or thinking I'm not good enough (clearly I'm awesome!). She's in a relationship of sorts, just not what most people (except around here) would think of as a relationship. So yeah, I can hang out with her, be friends, and even be intimate on a level. Which all would be fine (normally all I'd want), except, like I said, she's actually exceptionally awesome.
A friend of mine once said "like a speed hump, the wedding band is just a minor setback." I'm not sure whether he was all that serious, though.

Somehow a thought just entered my mind. "Speed hump, huh? That's a bit like fucking after taking amphetamine." The thought refuses to leave. Damn.

orcishgamer: I tried finding something about her to be distinctly annoyed with, so I picked that she smokes
It's not even much of a flaw if you're like me i.e. don't mind women who smoke (whether theyh're polite about it or not). I mean, I could live with a smoker without being annoyed out of my mind. I just don't expect the same from women, which is why I quit in the first place.
To hell with you, you stupid pain! Go away! I give the crap up, can't stand you anymore. :( /emotionalbreakdown
high rated
I have my own, private gripe, over why everyone is bitching about life in general, in this thread.

What the hell? Is it because of a thread title?

If so, let me go right the f off, as I have a code nagging my ass, that will get you killed easily, and often, thus giving you something to really bitch about.

Damn, people.. see how bad it can really be!

Eador: Genesis:

Edit to remove code
Post edited December 05, 2012 by Dischord
Elenarie: To hell with you, you stupid pain! Go away! I give the crap up, can't stand you anymore. :( /emotionalbreakdown
Sorry bud, I know chronic pain can fuck you up. Take a break, zone out, use some pain meds for a few days. Chronic pain makes you into a worse person than you actually are. The only thing I have found to describe it to those who don't get it is tell them to imagine what it's like to be sleep deprived day after day, for years, knowing every day you won't get any more sleep "tonight", and tomorrow will be just as bad.

Work with your doctor, I hope you find some peaceful time, sorry:(
Dischord: I have my own, private gripe, over why everyone is bitching about life in general, in this thread.

What the hell? Is it because of a thread title?

If so, let me go right the f off, as I have a code nagging my ass, that will get you killed easily, and often, thus giving you something to really bitch about.

Damn, people.. see how bad it can really be!

Eador: Genesis: 8N6W-N8PZ-TTSX-XJWL
You are strange, but good on you:)
Post edited December 05, 2012 by orcishgamer