It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am late in my good wishes but get well soon and good luck! :)

Coelocanth: *sigh*

Surgery tomorrow. Again. I hate surgery, since I find it hard to shake off the anesthetic and they seem to insist on giving me morphine for the pain even though it makes me want to puke. Oh well, the bright side is hopefully this time it will fix the hernia once and for all. As well, I get to sit around and read, game, and watch movies for a few days afterward.

Still, I hate surgery. Hate it.
Coelocanth: Thanks you. I really do appreciate the well wishes. :)
Hoping also you'll get well.
Coelocanth: *snip*
Hope things went well and you make a quick recovery.

With that out of the way...
Seems my previous posts have been mainly about Dragon Age: Origins and my bike, topics that, apparently, still have plenty to explore.

Dragon Age first. I downloaded the Witch Hunt DLC in hopes it would answer a question or two and it was ridiculously short, extremely easy and annoyingly vague. Hardly the end of the world, but a waste of time anyway.

Then the bike. I previously said the parts that were stolen were worth 460 euros, including installing them. Turns out it's actually a bit over 600 €. Another bike shop said they could replace the parts with original ones for something between 800 and 900 euros, which is pretty amazing considering the bike cost only about 650. So yeah, totally buying a new one.

EDIT: Also, my reflector got tangled up in some thorny bushes, broke its mooring and disappeared, but it's no big deal because I joined a trade union and they sent me a new one with their welcoming letter.
Post edited November 28, 2012 by AlKim
jefequeso: WARNING: Rambling, illogical, unreasonable bitterness to follow

Research papers. I hate them. In fact, I hate academia to begin with (or rather have learned to hate it after 4 years of college), and research papers are the pointlessly nitpicky

It feels good to get some rage out of my system every once in awhile. Now I'm going to go write more 'Monkey Aladdin' (oh, you know you want to read it. You know you do.)
College is a big lie. Designed to turn most young people into debt slaves especially in a crumbling economy. Its sad to see all these young people graduate with a degree and a mountain of debt and they are unable to find work in their field, if any work at all. If i had to do it all over again, i would learn a valuable trade and work for myself, but im just another overhill burnout now, too late for me. Good luck to you out there.

There is nothing wrong with just living a humble, quiet peaceful life. Dont let anyone pressure you into thinking that you life is a waste if you dont accomplish something great. Most of us wont.
Idiot manager tells our team that the overtime we worked in the last three months crunch period will neither be paid nor compensated for by any means. On top of that there won't be any Christmas gratification. This is "how they do things" in our parent company apparently. Once the only sysadmin they had, who has been with them for over 20 years, threatened to leave the company if he doesn't get a raise. An agreement with management could only be found after he was literally out of the door.

Management seems to have a very conservative, archaic and almost idiotic school of thought. They will actively crush every motivation their employees have just to be "right" and there is a high demand for this "pressure the underlings and lick the a** above you" attitude.
Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone. It's really appreciated. Surgery went well and now I'm laying about recovering. Can't really sit at the PC for too long as I'm not comfortable in a sitting position. Have to either lay down or stand. Oh well. Getting some reading done, at least.
I've had trouble sleeping properly lately. Seems to happen every autumn. Woke up after 2 or 3 hours of sleep, couldn't fall asleep again in the first hour, now browsing the forums to stay sane. Can't decide if I should go back to bed, since the alarm clock's set to go off in a bit over 2 hours, and I fear lying in the bed might just work towards making me frustrated.
I've got an interview in about 5 hours for a job I really want (A bigger city on the road system with more to do, about 5 to 10k more a year just walking through the door, and a more professional place to work).

Can't sleep now, a friend of mine told me they are really bad as far as the actual hiring process, kahjsdjkh I'm ready to get out of here.
akwater: I've got an interview in about 5 hours for a job I really want (A bigger city on the road system with more to do, about 5 to 10k more a year just walking through the door, and a more professional place to work).

Can't sleep now, a friend of mine told me they are really bad as far as the actual hiring process, kahjsdjkh I'm ready to get out of here.
Good luck!
Rainy day , headache , lethargy , no replies for my emails .

❤ ❤ Unter Null - You Have Fallen From Grace ❤ ❤
Just missed the Carmageddon 24hr sale waiting for a money transfer, grah!
Looks like i'm really on some kind of ignore list of many developers . More than 40 didn't replied to my email . :(
ne_zavarj: Looks like i'm really on some kind of ignore list of many developers . More than 40 didn't replied to my email . :(
are you a developer too or are you just fingering the poor bastards lol
**** Spring/summer heat. OMG .I wish it snowed here!!
A metric fuckton of snow came during the night. Mind you, it's still falling. Snow ploughs trundled back and forth nearby all night, scraping the roads with a jarring rasp, then beeping like an astromech droid as they backed up to do the same all over again (and yes, they're at it even now). Thank goodness for earplugs.