It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A_Future_Pilot: I know how rare it is...but that doesn't change the fact that she does happen to be the 1 in whatever ridiculously large number it is that has it. Like I said...either that or a demon.

Part of it is that her split personality never does anything mean to me at all...only freakin jacks her up. (Like she'll come to with bruises and cuts and junk all over her...)

And there is a very distinct difference in the two. Everything from their laugh to their grin to their tone of voice...they're entirely different people.
I'm sorry, diagnosis or bullshit. The reason the doctor won't even bother to diagnose that at first is the same reason I call bullshit. It's just silly to jump to the unobvious conclusion and waste resources until the obvious candidates have all been eliminated. You're not a medical professional, and if you were would realize you're not in the right position to diagnose her. I propose there are a lot more likely explanations for whatever behavior she's exhibiting then dissociative identity disorder. You allowing her an excuse for her behavior actually reinforces the likelihood as she has even less reason to "own up" to it.

Yes, it's not "impossible" that she has it, but it's so damned improbable it's not even worth worrying about. It's like jumping to the conclusion that your latest case of indigestion is due to stomach cancer instead of the fatty, unhealthy dinner you just ate.

She's acting badly, people do it all the time, especially to those they supposedly "love". They cheat, they threaten, they beat, they steal money, they destroy your shit, they display wild mood swings, all of it happens on a daily basis.

Blaming it on "possession by demons" or any other malarkey falls into the same realm.

Please, for the love of yourself, GO TALK TO A THERAPIST. If you are willing to write whatever this is up to rare psychological disorders or demons, you need to talk this through with someone. Forget her, get yourself level, you're worth it, you're your own person. You may or may not decide you "need her" at the end of it, regardless, you will need yourself and you need yourself to be at your best.

Done preaching. I know, I'm an asshole.
Lol!! You're not an asshole (although you're definitely very opinionated)

I'm perfectly level headed and reasonable. And the symptoms she's displayed are not just acting out or anything. And she's got the history of someone who would be very susceptible to an Identity Disorder.
Weclock: 3. The mother of my children took my kids to Colorado. She says she did it out of desperation and is wanting to move back, but wanting and trying are two different things.

4. She lied about some of the reasons for the move and was generally frustrating.
StingingVelvet: She literally cannot do that, legally, as far as I know. File some papers.
That's if custody was established, which it was not.
Good news / bad news:

The bad news is that my back is really hosed right now, with a combination of muscle spasms (new) and misalignment in the lumbar area (old). I'm pretty much down for the count until I can get the spasms to subside. Bad enough that it took around ten minutes to go downstairs into the kitchen, grab some aspirin, get a tall glass of water, and take the pills.

The good news is that the most comfortable position has me sitting in the chair, at my desk, in front of the PC. Guess I'll sit here and do paperwork.
Our son was born a preemie. The car seat we have is only rated down to 5 lbs, but he was born 5lbs 6oz. We have to go buy a new car seat that is rated down to 4 lbs. Why would they not just rate all car seats down to 4lbs? Ridiculous. :(
Another Tim Burton film .

Dark Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IVpEjJuztk
ne_zavarj: Another Tim Burton film .

Dark Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IVpEjJuztk
It's better than the TV show. And how about that title, hey? "Dark" Shadows? Are there any other kind? Still, there'll never be another Beetlejuice, because Winona Ryder will never be 17 again.

[Page Break]

Why is (micro)Torrent the only download management program with a decent scheduler (FDM has one, but it only really works if you set a schedule for each download you grab)? Why don't Steam, Origin, Beamdog, or even the GOG Downloader have a "Set Start/End Time for Download Start/Stop" function? I mean, I'll bet the GOG guys are working hard on it, but the other ones should've had it down long ago. Steam especially. Was it Gabe Newell or someone else who made the crack about "We don't give a damn about people with dial-up because anyone who uses Steam should have enough money for DSL or cable"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqJJ8-TmIk

I wish for a PC version ( with a perfect keyboard + mouse support ) . :(
Post edited May 09, 2012 by ne_zavarj
csmith: Our son was born a preemie. The car seat we have is only rated down to 5 lbs, but he was born 5lbs 6oz. We have to go buy a new car seat that is rated down to 4 lbs. Why would they not just rate all car seats down to 4lbs? Ridiculous. :(
For the same reason really fat people need belt extenders on airplanes: the belts don't fit right and the seat becomes unsafe. You might as well let them roll around on the car floor for all the good putting them in a seat not designed for their size will do.

I have a race car driving friend and recently learned about all the horror of fucking up restraint systems. Umm, yeah, don't modify your restraint system in your car, you won't make yourself safer... they are specifically that way for a reason.
Post edited May 09, 2012 by orcishgamer
Oh joy! Jury duty! I'll bet it's for that rash of 'Hell's Angels pot farm' busts. I've got one month to come up with a good reason to get out of it. Oh wait! I've got one! I'm heavily medicated and have been institutionalized at least once already.

If the state would spend just a little more time and effort on cross-referencing, it might just save a little bit on all the paper it prints on.
predcon: If the state would spend just a little more time and effort on cross-referencing, it might just save a little bit on all the paper it prints on.
The state is legally not allowed to do that. Privacy and all that. The occasional letter is still better than living in 1984...
predcon: If the state would spend just a little more time and effort on cross-referencing, it might just save a little bit on all the paper it prints on.
SimonG: The state is legally not allowed to do that. Privacy and all that. The occasional letter is still better than living in 1984...
'And all that', indeed. We're there already. I say start marching the zombie-android police forces down the avenues and get it over with. "ooh! I have a shotgun in my closet!" Yeah, and the US Army has a armored column plowing down what used to be your local minimall.

And I'm pretty sure the DOJ can take whatever medical records it wants. The definition of 'in due course of legal investigation' is pretty wide now.
Post edited May 10, 2012 by predcon
predcon: And I'm pretty sure the DOJ can take whatever medical records it wants. The definition of 'in due course of legal investigation' is pretty wide now.
If you are a suspect. They can't just go through all your private data at a whim. They need a legal basis (or whatever you call it in the US). They have a lot of data, but accessing and cross referencing needs at least a legal basis, if not a court order.

You are the land of the free. The barriers for accessing that information should be higher in the US than in Europe, not lower.
I don't know if this is the approriate thread, but whatever.

ne_zavarj: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqJJ8-TmIk

I wish for a PC version ( with a perfect keyboard + mouse support ) . :(
Pretty much impossible, considering it is a PS(3)-only game from Sony anyway. Unlike MS who has at least ported Halo 1-2 for PC, Sony never seems to do that for their PS games.

Journey always sounded pretty interesting, and seems to be a good item for the earlier discussion whether games can be art.

Unfortunately, as I watched most of that gameplay walkthrough yesterday, it also seems to be a game where the real point is to experience the visuals and audio, not so much the actual gameplay. Watching someone else to play it is apparently almost as rewarding as playing it yourself.

That's one problem with the "games as an artform", their gameplay will usually suffer.
Having a crap day.

Been awake since 3am for no good reason. Got up at 6 to slump in front of a game for a bit before getting ready for work - and then my 3 year old son bounced out of bed at 6.10. He came into the bathroom while I was in the shower, from what I could tell for the sole purpose of pointing at my dick and laughing. Then as I was hugging my wife goodbye before leaving for work he tried to stick a drumstick up my backside...

Got stuck in a 25 minute queue of traffic because a set of traffic lights were out, so was late to work. Had to then be tactful with a company director and not openly call him an idiot (his wireless wasn't working properly because it was turned off - yeah, that'll do it), and have since spent far too long wrestling a sodding Mac back on to the domain. Bloody Macs!