It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: Don't tell me you can cook me American pizza if you can't, dammit!
They don't know what it is, they only think they do. American pizza is almost completely unlike what most Europeans have eaten. I don't even think it's intentionally misleading, they actually think they're doing it "right", but they aren't.
StingingVelvet: Don't tell me you can cook me American pizza if you can't, dammit!
orcishgamer: They don't know what it is, they only think they do. American pizza is almost completely unlike what most Europeans have eaten. I don't even think it's intentionally misleading, they actually think they're doing it "right", but they aren't.
I can confirm this. In Poland pizza is a rather unique experience even if they call it an American pizza. It's not because I haven't had a quadruple bypass from it :D. Also, they don't tend to use the proper spices and such for their version of pizza.
Scottish pizza.

Mix tempura batter. Get pizza out the freezer (small ones if doing at home) deepfry till crispy on the outside and hopefully cooked on the inside.

Chip shops usually do it more effectivly and can do 16 inch pizza's
Stupid hotel internet.

Monday night: strong signal but so slow (for N, especially) that it was essentially down. Actually worse than dial-up, because with dial-up at least something happens.

Tuesday night, different town: no wireless which is fine. No signal when I plug in at the wall, which is NOT fine.

Kinda hard to get much after-hours work done when I can't email customers and can't look up stuff I need to buy. May have to look into tethering with the cell phone.
Work stole half my weekend from me again (I only get 1 in 4) and i'm doing 53 hours of work for the next 2 weeks (that's 53 hours for each week btw) which takes away my happy gaming time. Well i'm done bitching, who wants a hug?
Post edited March 31, 2012 by SeaOfInsanity
Anyone know how to free a car that's stuck in mud/ground that's turned into goo because of the weather? A friend of mine has just found himself in quite a conundrum, as his car sunk into his yard.

Also, would anyone happen to know if it's bad for a car to be stuck in the mud when the ground freezes, because the ground is freezing rapidly? This latter one's sort of more important at the moment, because I'm kind of far away (a few hundred kilometers) from the car and couldn't do anything to it even if I knew how, and my friend has already given up and gone to sleep. The importance of this information is mostly related to stress control.

/edit: a neighbor used super powers to free the car. everything's cool in the kingdom once more.
Post edited April 01, 2012 by Adzeth
Boooooored
My day was terrible!
First, my orange juice had pulp in it, I forgot my keys on my nightstand, and my shoe untied during my lunch break D:
AacRrc: My day was terrible!
First, my orange juice had pulp in it, I forgot my keys on my nightstand, and my shoe untied during my lunch break D:
And you put your top hat on back to front.......
Why is it many people find it easy to settle down and i find it ludicrously difficult. Oh im bored out of my brian as well hahaha
I was having a good day until I had to wait about an hr to get my 2 piercings done. Went all over the place looking for shoes for my son's big feet and finally found a pair (expensive but was wide enough for his big ol feet). Came home and a few hrs later our kitten ran away and went all feral on my hubby's ass and still no sign of her. Then, I accidentally yanked my nose piercing out a bit and hurt like a mofo and bled a little.

Can't wait for the 1st to go by cause I hate April fool's day. Bleh!
Dischord: Just cutting things from what you posted makes things seem almost self-evident, but people oftentimes know more than what they say.

Bottom line is that only you know the answer.
PhoenixWright: Unfortunately I am in Portland, Oregon, and she is in Boise, Idaho now, and it looks like things may stay that way for the long haul; we both have solid career paths that make us very unwieldy. That seems to be the biggest reason for the current situation.

EDIT: Ugh, it makes me feel ill to even think about it.
It sounds like you really love her, but if you did one of you would probably be willing to sacrifice and move.

So yeah, move on.
It's qutie chilly inside so I really, really want a beer a cheer me up. There's a can of dark Kozel in my fridge, but I've drunk that stuff in such quantities recently that I don't really fancy it. Then there's the Huvila X-Porter, but it's so bleeding expensive and good that I'm saving it as a treat for one occasion or another, and this certainly isn't one. I blew what money I had on food, so I can't go to the shop either, not until Wednesday.

On a happier note, my birthday is approaching. It's going to be giveaway time soon, I think.
The wife made a grocery list this morning for some recipe I was supposed to make (and did). Our local store has this annoying habit of shuffling shit around for no apparent reason, at least one section every couple weeks. They've been doing this shit with the produce department for almost a year now, rejiggering at least once a month. This time, I couldn't find the dried mushrooms. Neither could the produce guy.

Finally found them and I get to "frozen English peas" on the list. She wrote it down just as it was written in the recipe so I figure it's something special. We don't have "English peas" around here. Well, I guess we do. Wandered around the store and finally got a signal with the phone, so I could look them up. Turns out they're plain ol' peas. Why the fuck doesn't it just say "frozen peas"? Every jackass cook in America knows what frozen peas are, but they gotta put in "English", I dunno, to make us feel chic as we're defrosting them?
Too many indie bundles. Too many interesting Kickstarter projects to back.
Argh!!