It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dischord: Just cutting things from what you posted makes things seem almost self-evident, but people oftentimes know more than what they say.

Bottom line is that only you know the answer.
Unfortunately I am in Portland, Oregon, and she is in Boise, Idaho now, and it looks like things may stay that way for the long haul; we both have solid career paths that make us very unwieldy. That seems to be the biggest reason for the current situation.

EDIT: Ugh, it makes me feel ill to even think about it.
Post edited March 26, 2012 by PhoenixWright
Dischord: Just cutting things from what you posted makes things seem almost self-evident, but people oftentimes know more than what they say.

PhoenixWright: Unfortunately I am in Portland, Oregon, and she is in Boise, Idaho now, and it looks like things may stay that way for the long haul; we both have solid career paths that make us very unwieldy. That seems to be the biggest reason for the current situation.

Bro, we're in the land of 1000s of awesome gals, and at least a few of them are every bit as interesting and awesome as your ex-girl:)

Sorry, not much of a pep talk... get out the door and talk to someone interesting tonight!
Vagabond: Still unemployed! Probably going to get kicked out of the house soon.
I hear you bro. Its damn hard even over there.Thank god i start a 6 month stint from mid April. Good luck to you mate :)
high rated

PhoenixWright: Unfortunately I am in Portland, Oregon, and she is in Boise, Idaho now, and it looks like things may stay that way for the long haul; we both have solid career paths that make us very unwieldy. That seems to be the biggest reason for the current situation.

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but it seems the distance geographically isn't really the issue, inasmuch as the placement of career over the person. If career means more, to either side, than their 'love', perhaps not a good thing.

A book is never written until the final chapter though, so you have much time to determine your respective directions.

If it was me, I'd share what I could, when I could, and determine the future when circumstance or choice allows for it.

Damn, I feel like Dear Abby...
I bought a couple of brand new, yet now uncommon (since they were rather old) DVDs the other day. Today I decided to watch them.

I go about removing the ungodly amount of security stickers and when I get to the bottom one I notice that it has stuck to the bottom of the artwork insert, tearing it up.

I actually SCREAMED IN ANGER at this. I hate this bullshit. >:(
Post edited March 26, 2012 by Foxhack
Tiefood: but sales!! sales!!!
kavazovangel: Sales will always happen.
How can i not buy a game that is $2!!!
Foxhack: I bought a couple of brand new, yet now uncommon (since they were rather old) DVDs the other day. Today I decided to watch them.

I go about removing the ungodly amount of security stickers and when I get to the bottom one I notice that it has stuck to the bottom of the artwork insert, tearing it up.

I actually SCREAMED IN ANGER at this. I hate this bullshit. >:(
My mouth has definitely fallen open in shock as something I'm removing tears up the artwork... anyone who has removed stickers knows there are some stickers that just come right off. Why can we not use those all of the time....?
Tiefood: How can i not buy a game that is $2!!!
Take your local food store as an example... would you buy everything that is $2, or just what you feel like eating?
Vagabond: Still unemployed! Probably going to get kicked out of the house soon.
Still unemployed +1 because I can't get a jerb either.
AlKim: I, for one, have enjoyed the weather of the past two months or so.
Yeah more sun etc. is nice, but just think: if only you lived about 650 km to the west (not even south), you would have been enjoying 10-15 degrees warmer weather for quite some time. It seems as if this spring Norway and Sweden constantly get some warm breeze from the south, while at the same time Finland (and Baltic countries etc.) gets some arctic chilling breeze from the north. Couldn't this be reversed, bi-weekly or something? (Actually, I think you were based in Turku, where there may have been considerably warmer than a bit to the East.)

I've enjoyed the last two winters, lots of snow and "cold enough" are good for a proper winter, when you want to go downhill skiing etc. But I don't really fancy the falls and springs which are transitional periods from cold to warm, several months around 0-5 Celsius degrees, after which it suddenly jumps to proper summer (or winter) temperatures.

Or so it at least feels to me. But, these are minor annoyances, I don't normally mind weather that much, I was just suprised to see a bit more snow and ice yesterday morning. Now it is all melted away again.
Post edited March 27, 2012 by timppu
Tiefood: How can i not buy a game that is $2!!!
kavazovangel: Take your local food store as an example... would you buy everything that is $2, or just what you feel like eating?
I'm a Man of game diversity! i feel like playing allot of games!
timppu: It seems as if this spring Norway and Sweden constantly get some warm breeze from the south, while at the same time Finland (and Baltic countries etc.) gets some arctic chilling breeze from the north. Couldn't this be reversed, bi-weekly or something? (Actually, I think you were based in Turku, where there may have been considerably warmer than a bit to the East.)
Yep, Turku it is. I think the sea has a considerable moderating effect on the local microclimate so if the weather sucks here, it's usually even worse elsewhere. Even the common autumn and winter storms don't hit us too hard since they usually build up around here and only reach their full strength when they've moved inland and/or north.

I haven't bitched about anything lately, so here goes: book exam on Friday, about 500 pages to go. The book can only be borrowed for weekends or overnight, so I have to go to the library in the morning, study there, borrow the book for the evening and return to the library before 10 a.m. It's a real hassle and an enormous pain in the ass.
Well here is some stuff I am kinda pissed about:
- Didn't have internet for the last 2 days so I missed the Steam Sale for Dungeon Siege Complete for $10
- And the fact I won't have money till next month sometime so I am most likely going to miss the Indie Bundles that are out right now

That is a couple things that I am pretty pissed about right now
Don't tell me you can cook me American pizza if you can't, dammit!
SWAT 4 is not on gamefly yet :(... and GOG ;)