It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Complaimts and Grievances:

1) People watching HBO/AMC shows based on books who never read them, calling themselves fans.

2) My boss of 7 months just told me I qualified for a raise, but.that due to observed errors, it was.reduced to $0.00. He then offered me a monday-friday shift at slightly more pay with a lot more duties. It's a very odd thing to be completely unappreciated and asked for a fabor in the same breath.

3) Deus Ex sucks.
anjohl: 3) Deus Ex sucks.
I love you.
Rodzaju: another diy disaster.

just moved house.
decided to lay flooring in the loft.
missed the screw and drilled through my hand.
swore and jumped up.
hit my head on roof support.
fell down and drilled through my leg.
honestly, it was somewhere between final destination and mr bean!
nicked the artery.
spent the morning in surgery.
spent the afternoon lying here fighting this bloody touchscreen.

diy - drilling into yourself - don't do it!!!!!!
Did you at least have someone helpfully standing by filming it on their mobile?

just moved house.
swore and jumped up.
nicked the artery.

You are one lucky sob! (Honestly, that artery could have been the end of it)

Oh, and I laughed a little, sorry.

just moved house.
swore and jumped up.
nicked the artery.

brianhutchison: Did you at least have someone helpfully standing by filming it on their mobile?
NO!
She won't climb into the loft.
I was concerned I might bleed to death before she investigated the yelling!!
About the weather, despite our paradise-lile moderate weather, complaining about said weather is Newfoundlands national sport.

-5 and snowing? Sick of snow.

+10 and raining? Sick of the rain and fog.

+35 amd beaming? Too bloody hot.

Etc.
brianhutchison: Did you at least have someone helpfully standing by filming it on their mobile?
Rodzaju: NO!
She won't climb into the loft.
I was concerned I might bleed to death before she investigated the yelling!!
Thank you SO much.
I've just shown this to my wife (who also wont enter the loft) as a cautionary tale against me doing ANY work in the loft.
That is, she wont enter our loft - not your loft.
She's never seen your loft, at least I don't think so.
Had she seen you loft, she probably wouldn't enter it either - if she had, which she hasn't - allegedly.

I really don't know why she wont enter our loft - its not as if there is a whole lot of blood up there, or anything.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by brianhutchison
We were all quite relieved today when the diagnosis came back as "lung cancer". This isn't something people typically look forward to, but the alternative, that the doctors initially thought, was definitely worse: mesothelioma.

My step-dad was having problems breathing in the middle of the night after Valentine's Day - sadly for him, it wasn't because of the typical V-Day reward. He and Mom went to the ER; they poked, prodded, x-rayed, etc., and found a lot of fluid and some masses. He got in for surgery about a week later so they could drain the fluid (1.6 litres!) and get some biopsies. Given his exposure to asbestos in the past, and also the suddenness with which this seemingly manifested, meso was the initial guess.

My brother and I both took off work today to be with them at the hospital for a talk with an oncologist and a couple other folks, and they informed him that the tests were negative for mesothelioma and that it's instead the more normal (not a great term, but what else do you call it?) adenocarcinoma. The doctor told him that the meso would have given him about three months left and that there wouldn't be a whole lot they could do except manage the pain until the inevitable. Luckily, the carcinoma is somewhat treatable and he should be with us for quite a bit longer than that. How long, nobody knows.

The upside, if there is one, is that he feels pretty much back to normal since the fluid has been drained. Mom is taking it pretty well, and us kids are hanging in there (his own two sons, naturally, were more shaken than Mom's four kids). I told him he can't die yet because Mom's not done nagging at him; agreement from him, dirty look from her.

He's a great guy and has treated Mom very well over the last 20+ years. From the get-go (we were all over 20 years old when they married), he treated all of us as his own family, as did the rest of his family. The world will be a poorer place with him gone, but for now we'll enjoy what we have.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by HereForTheBeer
I am just going through a bad phase I guess. But no, I ain't giving up - just not yet. I have been through worse anyway...I just need to focus somehow.

Lionel212008: Everything pretty much sucks today. My job is meandering of a straight path right down to hell and I am staring at the goddam depths of the abyss - Nothing seems to working out and my story looks like an absolute piece of crap - the problem is that I know it's a piece of crap and I can't seem to do anything about it- I just can't seem to get the damned quotes for my article coz everyone's acting like an arrogant snob and I don't seem to have any confidence anymore - Just wanna go home, take a nap and play baldur's gate or something.The thing is that this is my dream job and I am screwing it up since I can't seem to talk to people..everyone presumes that I am a moron or something since I can't seem to apply myself. I could work for a magazine on computers and gaming, that would be fine but I just can't seem to get the hang of my current beat that's on plastics and polymers - that stuff just seems to annoy me...Moreover I have always been a bit of a rebel so like when someone tells me to do something, I do the exact opposite - it's just the way I am - I don't like work well under authority but that's screwing me up...I don't even know what the hell is wrong with me...my colleagues hate me too and I am pretty much friggin' ostracized by everyone at the moment - I think it's all funny though, bloddy hillarious if you ask me since I am now like friggin' parody or something...I don't even know whom I should consult and that's why I am asking random folk on the internet for advice. The whole situation has me pretty sick to the stomach and I really wanna go puke or something.
Red_Avatar: I've been there mate. 7 years ago, I started my job in a printing office - not my dream job since I wanted something more creative but I still got to use the same software so didn't "lose my edge" so to speak. Thing is, my colleagues were draining the life out of me. One woman basically treated me like shit because she feared I'd take her job (and I did later on, to be fair) and she basically riled three other woman up against me. I was very liked by the male colleagues and the women who weren't in my office (which proved that this one jealous colleague was the cause) except for one male colleague who was my superior and would boss me around and treat me like shit. Even the boss didn't have any authority over him since this guy was hired in a deal between a customer and him (this guy was the son of a big chief in a very big Belgian oil company).

Things got better though once that one woman was fired - I got more respect (except by that one guy still, because he felt threatened by me) and in the end, even though the company went bankrupt a few months back, they still call me for help and help me out in turn.

Basically, don't give up - things can change and it's often just a few things that cause people to act the way they do. I know, it's very hard to speak out when you lack the confidence or when you know people will be extra judgemental of what you have to say. It's a game of patience I guess - but either you need to sit it out or find another job.
nijuu: Resumes are bull****. Recruiters are ***wipes.
Red_Avatar: If you mean recruiters as in temp agencies (that's what we call them here though they aren't temp at all) and the like, then they're the worst thing to happen to the job market in the past 100 years. They greatly pollute the economy and severely leech off everyone involved.

Companies go to them because
a) it's easy to fire someone and quick to hire someone so limited risk
b) they have a large database of people to contact for jobs
c) there's loads of them so more chance of finding someone

On the other hand, employees get used like cattle - given false promises, you can get fired at the end of the week without any reason given, it's a lot harder to get a full term contract, it's loads of extra paperwork, if anything is wrong, they give zero help.

I got a new job now but dear LORD, the two months I was at home was enough to make me hate them even more than I already did. I got over 30 calls from temp agencies in less than a week and they all promised jobs that weren't true, already taken or nothing like what I put on my resume <.< .
Post edited February 28, 2012 by Lionel212008
HereForTheBeer: Snip (No disrepect intended).
Now is the time to introduce him to Breaking Bad:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/
HereForTheBeer: Snip (No disrepect intended).
Rodzaju: Now is the time to introduce him to Breaking Bad:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/
No disrespect taken - sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. : )
So I decided, in all my wisdom, to get sick right before exams, and upon surveying my situation, I deemed it best to run out of food at the same time. I set forth on a journey to acquire supplies, walking all obbly wobbly, and befriended some powdery snow on ice. Why, we were so compatible that I was lying on my back right next to him a mere moment after our first meeting. Relationships with winter entities can be hard, though, and now my wrist, while luckily not broken, hurts even more than the rest of my disease-ridden body.
I bought a Samsung multifunction printer. Installing everything is driving me up the wall. I think I'll have a beer,.

EDIT: No beer in the fridge, so I got on with things. Now the MFP works fine. Apart from not being able to scan directly to the PC, but since it can scan to a USB stick perfectly well it's no big deal. I rewarded myself with a twenty-metre walk to the shop and buying three cans of Murphy's.
Post edited March 01, 2012 by AlKim
I'm not going to see my family after expecting them for the past couple months. This pretty much marks the first time I've been away from them when my birthday rolls through. Also, this week I've had 5 animals pawned off on me to care for until their owners settle into their new house (I'm living in my aunt's house, but she's gone majority time and I have two days a week off from the University, so I'm usually watching everything).

Also, between a handful of bastardizing and another buggery person who was suspected as a troll for about a week, I'm starting to miss the time I spent as a forum moderator, . At least, during the good times. I'm getting those itches again, but I can't do anything to quell them as it is.
Post edited March 02, 2012 by QC
Well, crap. Stage four, and 6 - 12 months.