It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FraterPerdurabo: Well I just missed the final because I thought it was tomorrow.
Fuck. This. Gash.
Cambrey: I was working, so I missed it too. It seems that it was an awesome match.
Longest grand slam final ever apparently :(
I was in the whole day anyway, what a waste!
Fucking hate small towns! All the pharmacies in a reasonable distance are closed and I'm out of paracetamol & ibuprofen. Aaaaaaa!
Summer here now sux monkey balls. I don't mind the heat so much. Its the apparent increase in humidity there last few years (its normally more dry heat) and its really bothering me a lot :/
For the last 4 weeks I have barely slept.

Then to add insult to injury some fuckwit dented the door on my MG. If I find that pricked ill put a dent in the shape of his face in his door.
Im quite pissed off, I have done bugger all at this shitty placement im in my area sucks and want to get a job somewhere in the isle of man

I cant focus on life im forever alone and my house is a shithole.
The people whose are currently run the con that I'm working for are fucking idiots.

I'm praying that my boss will transfer the con under different nonprofit organization so we don't have to deal with those idiots anymore.
Doing my taxes and I ran out of beer, now that is depressing!
orcishgamer: Doing my taxes and I ran out of beer, now that is depressing!
Because half-drunk is the best way to make sense of it all. : )

Been getting all my crap together this past week. Just waiting for the last of the 1099s (not that every customer files them) and bank statements (mortgage interest, etc) and will shuffle it off to my accountant. He isn't thrilled that I stick with Excel instead of Quickbooks, but too bad; my second attempt at setting up Quickbooks was as miserable as the first, so screw it.
Been applying for jobs and only one interview so far. Pressure from parents make the situation even more uncomfortable. I've been graduated for a month... is that a long time to not have a job?
Vagabond: Been applying for jobs and only one interview so far. Pressure from parents make the situation even more uncomfortable. I've been graduated for a month... is that a long time to not have a job?
Depends. If your major subject was literature theory, you'd better get used to being unemployed. If you're a doctor, there's something wrong with you.
Vagabond: Been applying for jobs and only one interview so far. Pressure from parents make the situation even more uncomfortable. I've been graduated for a month... is that a long time to not have a job?
AlKim: Depends. If your major subject was literature theory, you'd better get used to being unemployed. If you're a doctor, there's something wrong with you.
Philosophy, actually.
orcishgamer: Doing my taxes and I ran out of beer, now that is depressing!
HereForTheBeer: Because half-drunk is the best way to make sense of it all. : )

Been getting all my crap together this past week. Just waiting for the last of the 1099s (not that every customer files them) and bank statements (mortgage interest, etc) and will shuffle it off to my accountant. He isn't thrilled that I stick with Excel instead of Quickbooks, but too bad; my second attempt at setting up Quickbooks was as miserable as the first, so screw it.
I'm guessing your taxes are more complex as you have your own business to file for. I still reserve the right to feel sorry for myself, but I'll still tip my hat to your uphill battle.
In the US? No. Unless you have something that amounts to direct vocational training you might have a tough time. Obviously it also depends on your area, there's way more jobs around my neck of the woods than, say, in Detroit.
Post edited January 30, 2012 by orcishgamer
HereForTheBeer: Because half-drunk is the best way to make sense of it all. : )

orcishgamer: I'm guessing your taxes are more complex as you have your own business to file for. I still reserve the right to feel sorry for myself, but I'll still tip my hat to your uphill battle.
orcishgamer: In the US? No. Unless you have something that amounts to direct vocational training you might have a tough time. Obviously it also depends on your area, there's way more jobs around my neck of the woods than, say, in Detroit.
I live in Iowa and am applying for jobs in the Omaha, NE area. Might have more luck in other locations.
Vagabond: I live in Iowa and am applying for jobs in the Omaha, NE area. Might have more luck in other locations.
How far are you willing to move? The west coast isn't bad right now (I'm not 100% sure about Seattle, but I think it's doing better too). If you're willing to bunk with college kids (especially people earning graduate degrees) you could save up a bit of dough over the short term.
Vagabond: I live in Iowa and am applying for jobs in the Omaha, NE area. Might have more luck in other locations.
orcishgamer: How far are you willing to move? The west coast isn't bad right now (I'm not 100% sure about Seattle, but I think it's doing better too). If you're willing to bunk with college kids (especially people earning graduate degrees) you could save up a bit of dough over the short term.
I'd move anywhere, really. But I'd like to get at least some money to my name first before I commit myself to that. Hoping to get a year's worth saved up then go looking for a real job.