It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: That said, I actually meant this chap
(I guess I derped and posted the wrong clip earlier)
I was actually wondering what that had to with mice...

GamezRanker: p.s. Bro, I think yer micez followed yer post to my home(pic attached) o.0 ;)
Pardon my ignorance, but... what game is that?
cose_vecchie: I was actually wondering what that had to with mice...
Well that building prolly has mice infesting it, so it's maybe unintentionally related to the topic? :D

cose_vecchie: Pardon my ignorance, but... what game is that?

Unn Polaris, the third fan mission by Christine for System Shock 2
(the first two being Ponterbee Station, and UNN Nightwalker)

A link to the FMs on another forum

p.s. Christine recently got Terri Brosius, the original Shodan VA, to do some lines for the latest updates for FM 1/2
That aside, I think all 4 FMs are worth a play if one is a fan of the original games :)
Post edited November 17, 2023 by GamezRanker
Anyone ever want a game to be better than it will ever be?

Thought it was about time to delete some old backlog games in my collection. I was annoyed at Mount&Blade series. A never ending slog of die. Revive. Build army and attack until you conquer the map.

This is really annoying. So much potential, only to throw it into the mundane. No realism at all. Even a psx game like Suikoden could make characters seem like people that cared about other people.

Then computers can make anything these days and a psx series can compete better than a game that should have been the next thing similar in spirit.
I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the whole job-hunting routine! Been at my keyboard these last couple of days, updating my resume, composing cover letters, reading through posted job offers... It's driving me bonkers!! \(`0´)/
matterbandit: I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the whole job-hunting routine! Been at my keyboard these last couple of days, updating my resume, composing cover letters, reading through posted job offers... It's driving me bonkers!! \(`0´)/
Seem to recall you recently chucked your job, and were anticipating a new career, and, hopefully, less abusive work environment. When job-hunting gets you down, try to focus on the prospect of a brighter future, lest you begin to pine for the bad old days. Bon chance mon cher ami.((--;))
KeoniBoy: Seem to recall you recently chucked your job, and were anticipating a new career, and, hopefully, less abusive work environment. When job-hunting gets you down, try to focus on the prospect of a brighter future, lest you begin to pine for the bad old days. Bon chance mon cher ami.((--;))
Yes, I'm very happy to have quit my last job. No regrets there! xD But I'm not having fun with this job hunting thing. Feels like a house chore that never ends. LOL! And it has been a long time since I've had to update my resume, so I am feeling a bit rusty today... :P Thank you for wishing me well! :)
Aah, I have run into an old aquaintance I have not seen since 2007 or thereabout: A faulty RAM module.
I recently purchased a "regular" brand of deodorant because it was on sale and it was labeled as aluminum-free. I used it for three consecutive days, until I noticed that it stained two of my favourite t-shirts, even from the outside! I put both t-shirts into the washer and the stains remained caked into the fabric. Even tried soaking both t-shirts in hot diluted white vinegar for an hour and though it got rid of most of it, the stains can still be seen.

I am so upset!! Who the hell thinks that selling a deodorant that destroys clothing is such a fantastic idea?!
matterbandit: I recently purchased a "regular" brand of deodorant because it was on sale and it was labeled as aluminum-free. I used it for three consecutive days, until I noticed that it stained two of my favourite t-shirts, even from the outside! I put both t-shirts into the washer and the stains remained caked into the fabric. Even tried soaking both t-shirts in hot diluted white vinegar for an hour and though it got rid of most of it, the stains can still be seen.

I am so upset!! Who the hell thinks that selling a deodorant that destroys clothing is such a fantastic idea?!
Try this: mix baking soda and water into a think paste, scrub it into the stain, let is soak overnight, then wash with hot water.
Catventurer: Try this: mix baking soda and water into a think paste, scrub it into the stain, let is soak overnight, then wash with hot water.
Thanks for the tip! Definitely going to give it a try. :)
My computer broke after dusting it out. It just won't boot anything anymore; even the inbuilt diagnostics or a USB stick. It just jumps to a blank screen, sits there, and then reboots. :|
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: My computer broke after dusting it out. It just won't boot anything anymore; even the inbuilt diagnostics or a USB stick. It just jumps to a blank screen, sits there, and then reboots. :|
The symptoms you describe are the same as symptoms that might show from the CMOS battery being empty: not booting anything, a blank screen, a reboot, it could be because of the dusting out, but if it's been 3-5 years since the CMOS battery was replaced (or your motherboard taking into use), it might be worthwhile to check that possibility too: does the CMOS battery still have enough power? https://www.technewstoday.com/motherboard-cmos-battery-dead/ or if you don't mind dealing with the cookie wall https://computermesh.com/signs-of-cmos-battery-failure/. P.S.: I'm not a spammer, these are not commercial sites, just how-to articles.
Post edited February 05, 2024 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: -snip-
The CMOS battery is the first thing I replaced.
It boots, it displays, but the passing to another operating system is the part that doesn't happen.

And it's keeping time, so I think the new battery is properly seated as well.
DubConqueror: -snip-
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: The CMOS battery is the first thing I replaced.
It boots, it displays, but the passing to another operating system is the part that doesn't happen.

And it's keeping time, so I think the new battery is properly seated as well.
Have you tried booting via USB?
dtgreene: Have you tried booting via USB?
Yep. De nada. Same as attempting to boot any device: Blank screen, waiting period, reboot.