It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Catventurer: I realize that this complaint probably is very trivial.....

The dog has been smelling bad in a really needs a bath sort of way for about about two weeks now and is only getting increasingly aromatic with each passing day. The problem is that the dog is around 50lbs, which is around the upper end of mid-sized dogs and not quite a large breed. I can't just pick the dog up and bathe it in the sink or I would have done so. I also have a small car, which would mean taking the dog somewhere would result in smelly dog smell very close to me and super distracting in a bad way.

I just want the person in the house that was super insisting that we have a dog in the house actually take some responsibility for the smell and get their dog a bath.
Shave the dog. Use the fur to stuff a pillow. Place the pillow in the responsible person's pillow case. Say nothing. Deny everything.
Catventurer: I realize that this complaint probably is very trivial.....

The dog has been smelling bad in a really needs a bath sort of way for about about two weeks now and is only getting increasingly aromatic with each passing day. The problem is that the dog is around 50lbs, which is around the upper end of mid-sized dogs and not quite a large breed. I can't just pick the dog up and bathe it in the sink or I would have done so. I also have a small car, which would mean taking the dog somewhere would result in smelly dog smell very close to me and super distracting in a bad way.

I just want the person in the house that was super insisting that we have a dog in the house actually take some responsibility for the smell and get their dog a bath.
More seriously though, look up "Waterless Dog Shampoo". It's a type of mousse you can rub into the fur then brush out when it dries. It cleans and deodourises them.
Post edited April 13, 2023 by Winwood113
Catventurer:
Winwood113: More seriously though, look up "Waterless Dog Shampoo". It's a type of mousse you can rub into the fur then brush out when it dries. It cleans and deodourises them.
Thanks! I'm used to dealing with cats, which are entirely self-cleaning if kept inside unless they're sick and need to see a vet. I'll have to suggest the waterless dog shampoo the next time we go to the pet store. Maybe something like point it out and say, "Oh look. Maybe this will rectify how terrible the dog smells."
Trooper1270: Never move into a HMO (House of Multiple Occupation). You have no (or very limited) control of your ability to sleep, shower/bath, and if the kitchen/diner is shared, to cook and eat too. And don't get me started with privacy or personal entertainment between very thin internal walls...
They say "money does not buy happiness", whoever them idiots are. This is an excellant example of how money can definitely buy me 100% happiness in the form of a quiet home completely detached from self-centered, disrespectful noisy tenants.

I fully relate to you. As I read your post, I got a lovely neighbour above me who walks like she is constantly stomping an army of fire ants. Her favourite pastime is dragging heavy furniture from one end of her apartment to the other. I have spoken to her on two accounts, quite politely and without antagonizing her, but to no avail. :( Makes my blood boil.
Trooper1270: Never move into a HMO (House of Multiple Occupation). You have no (or very limited) control of your ability to sleep, shower/bath, and if the kitchen/diner is shared, to cook and eat too. And don't get me started with privacy or personal entertainment between very thin internal walls...
matterbandit: They say "money does not buy happiness", whoever them idiots are. This is an excellant example of how money can definitely buy me 100% happiness in the form of a quiet home completely detached from self-centered, disrespectful noisy tenants.

I fully relate to you. As I read your post, I got a lovely neighbour above me who walks like she is constantly stomping an army of fire ants. Her favourite pastime is dragging heavy furniture from one end of her apartment to the other. I have spoken to her on two accounts, quite politely and without antagonizing her, but to no avail. :( Makes my blood boil.
May we suggest you take a broom, stand on a chair, point the handle at your ceiling, and tap Morse Code at random hours of the day and night, to the effect that she can stick it where the sun don't shine. ((;--))

J P Morgan, ca 1907: "I've been rich, and unhappy, as well as poor, and unhappy, and on the whole, I prefer wealthy misery."((;--))
Post edited April 13, 2023 by KeoniBoy
matterbandit: I got a lovely neighbour above me who walks like she is constantly stomping an army of fire ants. Her favourite pastime is dragging heavy furniture from one end of her apartment to the other. I have spoken to her on two accounts, quite politely and without antagonizing her, but to no avail. :( Makes my blood boil.
The thing I have found is, that if you let them know it bothers you, or that you notice and can actually hear them doing their dastardly deeds (for their own entertainment) they will do it all the more (obviously dependent on the type of person they are) as most decent people would not be doing it in the first place, or at the very least, apologise or let you know in advance of them doing it. I have learnt either to try and tolerate it, work my own strategies to try and avoid or minimise their intrusion into my daily life, or worst case scenario, get the hell out of there at the next available opportunity. There are certain types of (people ?) that are unworthy of the air that they breathe or the space that they occupy on this wonderful planet of ours, and those sorts should be avoided in every which way, at all costs...
KeoniBoy: May we suggest you take a broom, stand on a chair, point the handle at your ceiling, and tap Morse Code at random hours of the day and night, to the effect that she can stick it where the sun don't shine. ((;--))
I thought about attaching a pair of tap-dancing shoes to two broomsticks and pulling a Fred Astaire dancing number on my ceiling. xD It's a work in progress... ;) At the same time, I hate allowing myself to get consumed by all of this negative energy and letting her poison my life. For my mental sanity, I tend not to give importance to such negative things, but it's not always easy, I will admit that. On a positive note: she has a new boyfriend and on occassion sleeps over at his place. On those nights, I gain a peaceful slumber. :) And back when he used to sleep over at her place, I immitated her moaning and groaning, just to annoy her back. Very, very childish on my part, but it was a funny way for me to cope (a lack of proper sleep leads to insanity). And it worked! Hence her sleeping over at his place occassionally. :P

Trooper1270: The thing I have found is, that if you let them know it bothers you, or that you notice and can actually hear them doing their dastardly deeds (for their own entertainment) they will do it all the more (obviously dependent on the type of person they are) as most decent people would not be doing it in the first place, or at the very least, apologise or let you know in advance of them doing it. I have learnt either to try and tolerate it, work my own strategies to try and avoid or minimise their intrusion into my daily life, or worst case scenario, get the hell out of there at the next available opportunity. There are certain types of (people ?) that are unworthy of the air that they breathe or the space that they occupy on this wonderful planet of ours, and those sorts should be avoided in every which way, at all costs...
^ Exactly this happened! Wish you had knocked some sense into me and prevented me from speaking to her in the first place! She was so two-faced about it. "Oh, I will try my best not to move my furniture around at 2 in the morning, but it's not fair that I can't live my life as I want to." Something stupid along those lines. A real passive-agressive monster... I totally agree with you. She is exactly the kind of person you described. Nose buried deep inside her belly button.
Post edited April 15, 2023 by matterbandit
KeoniBoy: May we suggest you take a broom, stand on a chair, point the handle at your ceiling, and tap Morse Code at random hours of the day and night, to the effect that she can stick it where the sun don't shine. ((;--))
matterbandit: I thought about attaching a pair of tap-dancing shoes to two broomsticks and pulling a Fred Astaire dancing number on my ceiling. xD It's a work in progress... ;) At the same time, I hate allowing myself to get consumed by all of this negative energy and letting her poison my life. For my mental sanity, I tend not to give importance to such negative things, but it's not always easy, I will admit that. On a positive note: she has a new boyfriend and on occassion sleeps over at his place. On those nights, I gain a peaceful slumber. :) And back when he used to sleep over at her place, I immitated her moaning and groaning, just to annoy her back. Very, very childish on my part, but it was a funny way for me to cope (a lack of proper sleep leads to insanity). And it worked! Hence her sleeping over at his place occassionally. :P

Trooper1270: The thing I have found is, that if you let them know it bothers you, or that you notice and can actually hear them doing their dastardly deeds (for their own entertainment) they will do it all the more (obviously dependent on the type of person they are) as most decent people would not be doing it in the first place, or at the very least, apologise or let you know in advance of them doing it. I have learnt either to try and tolerate it, work my own strategies to try and avoid or minimise their intrusion into my daily life, or worst case scenario, get the hell out of there at the next available opportunity. There are certain types of (people ?) that are unworthy of the air that they breathe or the space that they occupy on this wonderful planet of ours, and those sorts should be avoided in every which way, at all costs...
matterbandit: ^ Exactly this happened! Wish you had knocked some sense into me and prevented me from speaking to her in the first place! She was so two-faced about it. "Oh, I will try my best not to move my furniture around at 2 in the morning, but it's not fair that I can't live my life as I want to." Something stupid along those lines. A real passive-agressive monster... I totally agree with you. She is exactly the kind of person you described. Nose buried deep inside her belly button.
Great psyop on upstairs there. Invite some of your mates(M & F) over and stage a bacchanal for the ages. Might as well have some fun and enjoy urself in the process. Here's our philosophy of life ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds -->>Era of F Astaire. My kupuna counseled my as a ke'iki: "Focus on gratitude, and you'll be a lot happier in life." He was a wise and learned man, and we greatly admire him. A hui hou from Bora Bora in the azure Pacific.((;--))
PS: Have you checked out Foundation? It's a very chill Civ/City Builder set in prob Europe ca 18th century. The devs are based in Quebec of all places, and have a nice forum on Discord, which is itself, a chill platform. Gotta go, as we're off to play Foundation!
Attachments:
tsi.jpg (469 Kb)
Post edited April 16, 2023 by KeoniBoy
UNBEATABLE [white label] has no warning about seizure graphics and other potential graphical issues until AFTER you run the game for the first time.

Since I got this in a charity bundle, I would normally just delete and go play something else.... except that this game has problematic visuals right no the title screen itself that made me feel dizzy and nauseous in the brief time I saw it. While this isn't the first game I've run into where the warning about seizure graphics and other visuals only shows up after you run the game for the first time, none of the others thought it would be an awesome idea to stick such graphics on the title screen.
Catventurer: UNBEATABLE [white label] has no warning about seizure graphics and other potential graphical issues until AFTER you run the game for the first time.

Since I got this in a charity bundle, I would normally just delete and go play something else.... except that this game has problematic visuals right no the title screen itself that made me feel dizzy and nauseous in the brief time I saw it. While this isn't the first game I've run into where the warning about seizure graphics and other visuals only shows up after you run the game for the first time, none of the others thought it would be an awesome idea to stick such graphics on the title screen.
Reminds me of other examples of severe accessibility fails. Like, for example, there's the occasional game whose trailer has seizure-inducing graphics in the trailer, which autoplays if you go onto the game's homepage. (This has been reported to be an issue with Wasteland 3, for example.) (This is one reason why I consider autoplay to be a bad thing, or at least a terrible default.)

(Also, don't forget the Electric Soldier Porygon incident. Basically, this Pokemon episode, when it aired in Japan, caused seizures even in people who don't normally get them. It was bad enough that it even made the news, complete with news TV stations playing a 30 second clip from the episode that includes the scene, causing even more seizures in those watching the news. This episode has not aired since, and last I heard, Porygon hadn't appeared again in the anime.)
Just finished watching some Chelsea fan POV during the Brighton vs Chelsea match where Brighton won 2-1. In that video, right after the match had ended and the players of both teams would applaud at their respective fans, it could be heard that a portion of the Chelsea fans (I think it was the Chelsea fans, since the person holding the camera was among the Chelsea fans' crowd) were booing at the players. Thankfully one of the fans screamed at the booers telling them, "Stop f*cking booing, you prick!"

I hate it when people boo others, especially when they're doing it to their own team. Honestly, I think Arrizabalaga (Chelsea's goalkeeper) did pretty good with the saves especially seeing that Brighton had created more chances than Chelsea. Still tho, bad performance or not, I still and will always see the act of booing as something disrespectful. Fyi, I'm a Brighton fan, not Chelsea's.
Post edited April 16, 2023 by Vinry_.
Catventurer: UNBEATABLE [white label] has no warning about seizure graphics and other potential graphical issues until AFTER you run the game for the first time.

dtgreene: Reminds me of other examples of severe accessibility fails. Like, for example, there's the occasional game whose trailer has seizure-inducing graphics in the trailer, which autoplays if you go onto the game's homepage. (This has been reported to be an issue with Wasteland 3, for example.) (This is one reason why I consider autoplay to be a bad thing, or at least a terrible default.)

(Also, don't forget the Electric Soldier Porygon incident. Basically, this Pokemon episode, when it aired in Japan, caused seizures even in people who don't normally get them. It was bad enough that it even made the news, complete with news TV stations playing a 30 second clip from the episode that includes the scene, causing even more seizures in those watching the news. This episode has not aired since, and last I heard, Porygon hadn't appeared again in the anime.)
UNBEATABLE [white label] has literally become the absolute worst case of accessibility fail for me. I ended up developing a severe migraine headache shortly after I made that other post, which means that I'm going to be ultra sensitive to lights and sound for weeks. If the developer releases anything else, I won't touch it even if its completely free.

As for the Porygon incident, I've know about that one primarily because people (who were well aware that I can potentially get migraine headaches off seizure graphics) told me about the missing episode that never aired in the US and also why I should never go looking for it online.
high rated
matterbandit: ...
tag+: ...
Braggadar: ...
Just posting to update that chemoradiation is going ok. Super positive outlook on prognosis, but it is wearing her down fast. She was having more good days than bad, and now it's about even just over 1/2 way through with 3 weeks to go. It's been super effective, at least and I can point to that when she's feeling low. We go in for chemo once a week and radiation every day M-F. More than halfway done though! Thanks again for your kind words!!
paladin181: Just posting to update that chemoradiation is going ok. Super positive outlook on prognosis, but it is wearing her down fast. She was having more good days than bad, and now it's about even just over 1/2 way through with 3 weeks to go. It's been super effective, at least and I can point to that when she's feeling low. We go in for chemo once a week and radiation every day M-F. More than halfway done though! Thanks again for your kind words!!
I'm sending to both of you & your family happy thoughts & my best wishes
Please keep increasing the abundant supply of hugs & love paladin181
Together you can do anything. Cheer up, less to go :)
What a beautiful Spring accompanies us. Thanks for sharing man
paladin181: Just posting to update that chemoradiation is going ok. Super positive outlook on prognosis, but it is wearing her down fast. She was having more good days than bad, and now it's about even just over 1/2 way through with 3 weeks to go. It's been super effective, at least and I can point to that when she's feeling low. We go in for chemo once a week and radiation every day M-F. More than halfway done though! Thanks again for your kind words!!
My mom went through an aggressive treatment of chemotherapy and followed up with radiation therapy afterwards years ago to treat stage 3 cancer.

The radiation treatment made her skin look like she was being slowly cooked alive by it. >.> But she told me that it looked far worse than it actually felt for her. I just want to give you the warning about that aspect of radiation treatment as it can be shocking to see it if you're not prepared.
Thx for touching base with us. Very happy about the super positive prognosis! This is quite encouraging news. :D What can I possibly say... Continue doing your thing, being strong and present for her and accompanying her on this journey. She is quite fortunate to have your support and your love. We never forgot those who stand by us through life's harshest moments. Bless you both! And like you said, halfway done. ;)