It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Constantly stuck between "treat others how you want to be treated" and "treat others how they treat you".
Life is a bit of a grind and has been for a while. Just a chain of things to be taken care of, sleep and take care of more things. Just performing a role in life, not really living it as such at the moment, and it's taking a toll.
I truly despise it when "industry standard, professional" software has completely unique common shortcut for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Just noticed some nonsense posts on this forum that, for some reason, contain a plus sign (+) followed by a blob of digits. How is one supposed to interpret that?
dtgreene: Just noticed some nonsense posts on this forum that, for some reason, contain a plus sign (+) followed by a blob of digits. How is one supposed to interpret that?
its called spam
I imagine this is a a world-wide problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3RfwGq0Ul8
Short of starting my own honey farm I don't know how to trust what I buy.
Matewis: I imagine this is a a world-wide problem:
It is, and I can relate, I've lost contact with a good supplier few years back and buying good honey nowadays' about as hard as buying a sausage made only of meat, salt and spices. Unless you have farmer relatives or acquaintances you're out of luck.
Your own apiary's a lot of effort even if you live somewhere rural and know what you're doing. Some people claim it makes for a great hobby, but I wouldn't know.
Post edited February 26, 2022 by Chasmancer
This is a problem across foods and countries. IIRC alcoholic drinks didn't need to specify ingredients so crap went into wine.Olive oils were mixed with different oils and so on.
we definitely have that problem out here. But it's a problem across the food spectrum; chocolate, maple syrup, olive oil, etc. It's all a game of deception/cost savings.
Post edited February 26, 2022 by Plumb
Chasmancer: It is, and I can relate, I've lost contact with a good supplier few years back and buying good honey nowadays' about as hard as buying a sausage made only of meat, salt and spices. Unless you have farmer relatives or acquaintances you're out of luck.
Your own apiary's a lot of effort even if you live somewhere rural and know what you're doing. Some people claim it makes for a great hobby, but I wouldn't know.
That's what I figured yeah. Perhaps something for the future. At least I could then also try my hand at making some genuine mead :)
Plumb: we definitely have that problem out here. But it's a problem across the food spectrum; chocolate, maple syrup, olive oil, etc. It's all a game of deception/cost savings.
§pec†re: This is a problem across foods and countries. IIRC alcoholic drinks didn't need to specify ingredients so crap went into wine.Olive oils were mixed with different oils and so on.
Oh yes olive oil as well, and shutter the thought what else. Perhaps time to start an underground microfarming operation.
Post edited February 26, 2022 by Matewis
Matewis: That's what I figured yeah. Perhaps something for the future. At least I could then also try my hand at making some genuine mead :)
Good luck to you then, wish your bees would be healthy and productive whenever you get around to it.
Chasmancer: Good luck to you then, wish your bees would be healthy and productive whenever you get around to it.
Thank you :) All my years of honey farming in Don't Starve will not have been for naught!
low rated
Post edited February 26, 2022 by Plumb
It is sad but true; most honey sold has at least been diluted. The cost savings are enormous as real honey is so much more expensive.
On a side note: Real mead is delicious but costs a lot more than beer. I once tasted it and the sugar based lemonade version usually sold and served is not much like it.
It's still cold where i live, it started to get warmer but then it got cold again.

I hate the cold.