It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
gloombandit: Yeah, but then when it all clears up we'll have the aliens landing.
With the disclosure stuff that happened this year, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. o.0 ;D

gloombandit: So until *that* happens, I think we should all just stay calm & maintain some healthy perspective.
Well said
low rated
Welp, I think Omicron got me. The PCR thing didn't specify, but it seems likely on the back of the positive result.

And god damn, this thing gives you a a sore throat like you cannot believe!
low rated
Matewis: Welp, I think Omicron got me. The PCR thing didn't specify, but it seems likely on the back of the positive result.

you be fine, from the sources Omicron settles witin your upper lungs (not wanna go to medical about real parts) *not in the lower parts* that case some serious troubles.

still keep a eye on your temperature mate.
low rated
Only just found out they removed the dislike count numbers on Youtube ...quite annoying along with the removal a fair while back of receiving email notifications of new videos from subbed channels (its all notifications only now...or so it seems)
low rated
Matewis: Welp, I think Omicron got me. The PCR thing didn't specify, but it seems likely on the back of the positive result.
As Abishia said, you should be fine. Omicron is a rather weak strain......plus now you get natural immunity :)
(though you should still get plenty of rest and eat/drink to keep your strength up, of course)

=-=-=-=

Niggles: Only just found out they removed the dislike count numbers on Youtube ...quite annoying along with the removal a fair while back of receiving email notifications of new videos from subbed channels (its all notifications only now...or so it seems)
This extension to add back dislike counts to YT videos should help ya
(it works wonders...been using it for weeks now)
Post edited December 30, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Niggles: Only just found out they removed the dislike count numbers on Youtube ...
If they have any spare time, maybe they could do something about gog's forums.
low rated
GamezRanker: (also a good thing to note: don't worry about case numbers so much.....hospitalization/dth counts are what matters)
Case numbers matter in that they make it harder for vulnerable people who might get seriously ill to avoid it. Having many such people in my family and friend group it saddens me a great deal. I'll cheer up once the case numbers drop again - whether it 'tires itself out' or we have to reintroduce measures remains to be seen.
GamezRanker: Cheer up, fren......since it's so weak, it will immunize those that do end up getting it while not making many of them too ill, and if enough get that strain then it should hopefully "push out" the other strains & bring a quicker end to all this mandate/etc stuff.
That's the dream, but until it is less prevalent the immunocompromised will have to hide.
Post edited December 31, 2021 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
low rated

Is it worse than strep throat?

As, in an anti-sleep type of pain that ranks with an abscessed tooth, I hope you get better soon!
Post edited December 31, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Case numbers matter in that they make it harder for vulnerable people who might get seriously ill to avoid it.
True, but that was sadly the case before co-vid as well(esp. during times like flu season and etc).

ettac orrazib si eman ym: Having many such people in my family and friend group it saddens me a great deal. I'll cheer up once the case numbers drop again - whether it 'tires itself out' or we have to reintroduce measures remains to be seen.
If they(officials/etc) reintroduce measures it likely wouldn't work.....the new one being so spreadable and all. That said, since it is so spreadable it should "tire itself out" more quickly....so fingers crossed and whatnot.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: That's the dream, but until it is less prevalent the immunocompromised will have to hide.
Well some could also chose to just live carefully(masking/hand washing/distancing/etc) in the mean time.
(like i'm guessing a number of such individuals do during other times.....like the aforementioned flu seasons)
Still, I hope the ones who do choose to wait/hide don't have to do so for too long.
low rated
GamezRanker: Well some could also chose to just live carefully(masking/hand washing/distancing/etc) in the mean time.
Worth noting that COVID-19 does not spread through contact. Therefore, washing your hands (even with soap), using hand sanitizer, or sanitizing all surfaces and groceries won't help with COVID-19 spread. (There are other diseases, like cold and flu, that can spread this way, but COVID-19 isn't one of them.)

In other words, don't go overboard with these particular measures.

On the other hand, wearing a mask and social distancing will help, as will being outdoors (though that can be hard in some areas due to cold weather and snow/ice at this time of year).
low rated
dtgreene: Worth noting that COVID-19 does not spread through contact. Therefore, washing your hands (even with soap), using hand sanitizer, or sanitizing all surfaces and groceries won't help with COVID-19 spread. (There are other diseases, like cold and flu, that can spread this way, but COVID-19 isn't one of them.)
Tbh I take that with a grain of salt, as first some experts said it did spread via such methods & then they said it didn't....etc etc. That said, it's still good advice for other illnesses(including the others you mentioned)...especially for those who are more vulnerable to such.

dtgreene: In other words, don't go overboard with these particular measures.
As snape might say: obviously

dtgreene: On the other hand, wearing a mask and social distancing will help, as will being outdoors (though that can be hard in some areas due to cold weather and snow/ice at this time of year).
Yeah, fresh air and sunlight can do wonders for a number of people.
low rated
Abishia: you be fine, from the sources Omicron settles witin your upper lungs (not wanna go to medical about real parts) *not in the lower parts* that case some serious troubles.

Thanks, so far is seems to have an exclusive interest in laying siege to my throat and sinuses :P

GamezRanker: ...
As Abishia said, you should be fine. Omicron is a rather weak strain......plus now you get natural immunity :)
(though you should still get plenty of rest and eat/drink to keep your strength up, of course)
Yeah that's the one positive :) Hopefully omicron will in effect serve as a globe spanning vaccine judging by how it spreads.
TZODnmr2k5: ...

As, in an anti-sleep type of pain that ranks with an abscessed tooth, I hope you get better soon!
Googled it, and ... yikes. That's the stuff of nightmares. I can't imagine how anyone could stand something like that.
So no, I don't imagine an omicron throat is as bad as that. Mine's better for the first time today, but at it's peak it also kept me from sleeping.
Post edited December 31, 2021 by Matewis
low rated
dtgreene: Worth noting that COVID-19 does not spread through contact. Therefore, washing your hands (even with soap), using hand sanitizer, or sanitizing all surfaces and groceries won't help with COVID-19 spread. (There are other diseases, like cold and flu, that can spread this way, but COVID-19 isn't one of them.)
GamezRanker: Tbh I take that with a grain of salt, as first some experts said it did spread via such methods & then they said it didn't....etc etc. That said, it's still good advice for other illnesses(including the others you mentioned)...especially for those who are more vulnerable to such.
When it comes to science related matters, including information on the disease, it's best to trust the most recent results that have had a time to settle. The only reason experts said they did spread through touch is that they didn't know at the time, so they took the "better safe than sorry" approach.

Ideally, you would look at the scientific literature and look at what the most recent peer reviewed papers are saying. (Peer review should catch most of the bad papers that are written, as like in other disciplines, there's good science and there's garbage science.)

Edit: Why the low rating? (If there's disinformation in this post, you should reply with a correction rather than just pressing the minus button.)
Post edited January 01, 2022 by dtgreene
low rated
Abishia: you be fine, from the sources Omicron settles witin your upper lungs (not wanna go to medical about real parts) *not in the lower parts* that case some serious troubles.

Matewis: Thanks, so far is seems to have an exclusive interest in laying siege to my throat and sinuses :P

GamezRanker: ...
Matewis: Yeah that's the one positive :) Hopefully omicron will in effect serve as a globe spanning vaccine judging by how it spreads.
TZODnmr2k5: ...

Matewis: Googled it, and ... yikes. That's the stuff of nightmares. I can't imagine how anyone could stand something like that.
So no, I don't imagine an omicron throat is as bad as that. Mine's better for the first time today, but at it's peak it also kept me from sleeping.
data said 2.8 day's you are a copy machine for corona so i guess tomorrow you should see results of feeling better.
low rated
Matewis: Googled it, and ... yikes. That's the stuff of nightmares. I can't imagine how anyone could stand something like that.
Yeah, I caught it from making out with a girl from a party, I foolishly waited until it got far worse, the doc said if I hadn't come in at that time, I would have died from it!

Off-topic, why in the hell are people getting low ratings in this thread!?
Post edited January 01, 2022 by TZODnmr2k5