It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
morolf: Anyway, I really hope one way or the other this pandemic will end next year, has gotten kind of tiresome.
From my talks with others (with a good deal more medical/etc knowledge than myself), it is more or less over.....there are vaccines, and many are getting them, and new strains are weaker and weaker.

Of course, the msm/etc still want to make money, so they likely won't let go of it easily....and the karen types of the world like the signaling they can do and lording over others they can do, so they likely won't let it all go easily either.

That said, I also hope this craziness ends soon enough, as well.
Post edited September 03, 2021 by GamezRanker
While we are talking about viruses, I guess it is time to put my Windows 7 PC permanently offline, to be used only as an offline gaming system for older Windows games that may have issues in Windows 10 etc. I already have done the same years ago to couple of my Windows XP machines.

Reason being that since there has been those "CPU spike" issues on that machine, I decided to run a virus scanner on it, booting that machine to Linux instead and running the ClamAV (the open source virus scanner, also available for Linux, apparently mainly used for looking for Windows viruses in mail relays and Windows partitions) on the two 2TB Windows partitions on that PC.

It has reported quite many positives so far, in files like minesweeper.exe etc. Just to make sure they are not false positives, I guess I will also boot and use a Kaspersky Rescue Disc to rescan it another time, to get another opinion. And maybe also check some of those allegedly infected files on Virustotal.com.

God damn it. Even though I left that machine online, I've tried to be careful with it, not going to any hazy web sites, only ones I trust (including gog.com), and not installing e.g. any pirated software on it that might contain malware.

I had disabled the Avira virus scanner on it like half a year ago or so because it caused me some problems (the Windows boot would take awfully long with Avira, and there was no simple way to disable it for hours or more, if needed, as I hated how it tends to just quarantine even false positives without asking me what to do, and if I try to disable it, it will enable itself automatically after awhile).

Yeah, so it may be some malware may have still gotten to the system. Probably from some web site then, I can't think of what software I've installed on it would have infected it...

Putting it offline also means that I will not apparently play Steam games on it anymore, only GOG games (using offline installers) and other older games with installers. That laptop will go online only with Linux from now on, the same as with those older Windows XP PCs.
Post edited September 08, 2021 by timppu
low rated
timppu: While we are talking about viruses, I guess it is time to put my Windows 7 PC permanently offline, to be used only as an offline gaming system for older Windows games that may have issues in Windows 10 etc. I already have done the same years ago to couple of my Windows XP machines.
Old Windows versions actually don't become virii magnets and vulnerable just because they've reached EOL....and also recent/updated Windows OS versions can get virii as well. As long as one practices common sense and has plenty of the right tools(scanners, etc) they should usually be fine keeping such systems online.

timppu: Yeah, so it may be some malware may have still gotten to the system. Probably from some web site then, I can't think of what software I've installed on it would have infected it...
From what i've heard/read, even legit sites can get "hijacked" by malware from time to time.
Post edited September 08, 2021 by GamezRanker
Nine-hour power outage! The last one was two weeks ago, almost this long. This is not Texas. No winter here either, only human incompetence!
le_chevalier: Nine-hour power outage! The last one was two weeks ago, almost this long. This is not Texas. No winter here either, only human incompetence!
Some people where I live had days without power a few weeks ago. (I got lucky, losing power only for a few minutes.)

I hear that New Orleans has had an extended power outage, that I believe hasn't been completely fixed yet, but there at least the hurricane can be blamed for it.
dtgreene: Some people where I live had days without power a few weeks ago. (I got lucky, losing power only for a few minutes.)

I hear that New Orleans has had an extended power outage, that I believe hasn't been completely fixed yet, but there at least the hurricane can be blamed for it.
We don't have such storm or hurricane here. Some of our neighbors do have. So there's that, incompetence.
Post edited September 09, 2021 by le_chevalier
low rated
On power outages: one would think we (humans) would make our infrastructure(that we DEPEND ON DAILY) more robust against various things, especially after all the past things we've had to deal with.

====

(my semi-regular contribution to the thread)

Good News, Everyone!

As per a new order/mandate, every business in the US with more than 100 employees might need to soon require all employees get vaccinated(and, of course, let go those who refuse). Isn't that great?!? o.0
The purple dot is back...
Got pretty drunk yesterday and I still feel like shit. I can drink a cup of morning coffee without throwing up at least, baby steps. :P

No more alcohol for me in the near future.
NuffCatnip: No more alcohol for me in the near future.
Making it to the following weekend could be tough... :D
NuffCatnip: Got pretty drunk yesterday and I still feel like shit. I can drink a cup of morning coffee without throwing up at least, baby steps. :P

It's time we had something like synthehol.
NuffCatnip: No more alcohol for me in the near future.
Trooper1270: Making it to the following weekend could be tough... :D
I'll survive. :D
NuffCatnip: Got pretty drunk yesterday and I still feel like shit. I can drink a cup of morning coffee without throwing up at least, baby steps. :P

§pec†re: It's time we had something like synthehol.
Had to look it up, but that would be neat. :)
Post edited September 11, 2021 by NuffCatnip
Have some trouble breathing, had to go to a fast test for corona and i was negative.
I only had to do the test since i have to visit a doctor tomorrow, but it's crazy we almost need a PCT standard for everything now meaning you either had to be tested, vaccinated or got through the corona sickness.
And since i got through it last year on end of october till beginning of november.
Even tanking gas or visiting a larger shop complex you need PCT but pharmacy and food stores don't need em luckily.
I don't want to get vaccine since i heard too many bad side effects that don't stop even in our family and friends, there are even people who didn't recover from it and regret being vaccinated, like my mothers cousin has worse migraine now than before and she also had the standard shaking and freezing in the beginning, but the migraines are stronger now.
Other mother friends keep coughing and have bad voice that are vaccinated and are sick more often.
Now wonder what is up with me is it really gerd or is it something that after eating and being in my room i started coughing since it bothered me in the airways, couldn't cough it out so the vomit refleks helped me without vomiting out to clear it.
What i had was closing me down inside and a little like turning on the engine in my voice clears it.
Or was it that i had my back wet when i got home mostly but i brushed it with a towel since i only go to work on foot since it's close. Could be some masks problems since we are wearing them for a longer time even though i only worked 4 hours because of this.
And yes the public transport also needs PCT. The fast test costed me 9,5 eu since they made them payable.
Also i wasn't sick in 11 months i think.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by Fonzer
low rated
Fonzer: ....but it's crazy we almost need a PCT standard for everything now....
Wait, you need a new test every time you enter a new store/public transport...like every day? If so, that sucks to hear. :|
(thankfully all they do in much of the US atm is requiring people to mask up in official US buildings and some public transport)
Post edited September 17, 2021 by GamezRanker
Fonzer: ....but it's crazy we almost need a PCT standard for everything now....
GamezRanker: Wait, you need a new test every time you enter a new store/public transport...like every day? If so, that sucks to hear. :|
(thankfully all they do in much of the US atm is requiring people to mask up in official US buildings and some public transport)
Well the test fast test is legit for 48 hours the pcr test is legit for 72 hours. After you do the test and you are negative you can visit all places without the need to retest yourself. But when the time runs out you need to retest yourself to visit some of these things.
Also stupid even eating or drinking outside the restaurant requires PCT, barber shop PCT.
Also going to work they said i can use a fast test at work and it will be legit for a week.
The politicians are crazy
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Fonzer