It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: snip
MeowCanuck: Sell it and get the GPD Win 3 or Steam Deck. Install Minecraft to compensate and a bunch of other kid-friendly games here like Yooka-Laylee, Rayman Origins, Anna's Quest, etc. and other games with local coop / MP. Of course after you confirm that it can dock and support multiple third-party controllers.
Yeah I guess I could sell it. I will first check if there are some worthy Nintendo-only games making it worth to still own it (not interested in party or sports exercise games, which is what is advertised on TV for Switch). I wonder if second-hand Switch games can be bought, or are they always registered to the first owner/Switch with DRM, killing off any second-hand market for the physical (SD card) Switch games?

And the other was if I was able to install either Android or Linux on it and use it as a multi-purpose computer instead... but I guess I have a newer model of Switch where Nintendo has prevented that the best they can.

Oh well, could have been worse. Could have been Atari Jaguar or 3DO or Apple Pippin.

If Steam Deck is basically a small PC, I presume it should be able to support the 8BitDo Pro+ gamepads that I bought for the Switch. Not a dealbreaker anyway, I can use those marvellous gamepads also with my PCs and Raspberry Pi.
Post edited August 05, 2021 by timppu
timppu: Yeah I guess I could sell it. I will first check if there are some worthy Nintendo-only games making it worth to still own it (not interested in party or sports exercise games, which is what is advertised on TV for Switch). I wonder if second-hand Switch games can be bought, or are they always registered to the first owner/Switch with DRM, killing off any second-hand market for the physical (SD card) Switch games?
I'd keep in mind that PC equivalents of those first party Nintendo exclusives will likely be less family friendly or lower quality, but here's some spitballing (* = GOG):

- MK8 Deluxe = Sonic All-Stars Racing, GRIP*
- Super Mario Odyssey = any 3D platformer collect-a-thon like A Hat in Time*, Yooka-Laylee*, Crash Bandicoot 4, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Okami HD, etc.
- LOZ: BOTW = any open world RPG like Oceanheart*, Witcher 3*, HZD*, etc.
- Yoshi's Crafted World = Shovel Knight*, Hollow Knight*, Ori and the Blind Forest*, etc.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 = FF12: TZA, Monster Hunter World, Ys series* (Celceta, 7, 8)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons = Hokko Life, Garden Paws, Stardew Valley*
- Paper Mario = Bug's Fables*
- Splatoon = de Blob series*
- FE:3H = Banner Sata series*, XCOM series*, Fell Seal*, Valkyria Chronicles series
- Luigi's Mansion 3 = Portal series
- SSBU = Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether, Slap City, Lethal League, Brawlout
- Pokemon Sword & Shield = World of Final Fantasy, Ni no Kuni series, Digimon Cyber Sleuth
- LOZ: Link's Awakening = Anodyne series*, Hyper Light Drifter*, Darksiders series*, Blossom Tales, dozens of 2[.5]D roguelikes/roguelites, etc.

Physical copies are transferable. Digital copies are tied to account, so wouldn't buy unless you trust the seller not to change their password right after the sale.

And the other was if I was able to install either Android or Linux on it and use it as a multi-purpose computer instead... but I guess I have a newer model of Switch where Nintendo has prevented that the best they can.
Just keep an eye out for softmods if you've updated to the latest version. I'm sure you can get started if you google "Nintendo Switch Homebrew" and GBATemp for threads and instructions. Might be a bit harder for Switch, though I did homebrew my Wii and Wii U quite easily.

---

EDIT: new workout routine tires me out after work. I have to fight to keep my eyes open so I don't screw up my sleeping schedule. It has a lot more hypertrophy in it.
Post edited August 05, 2021 by MeowCanuck
Flatting with a musician at the moment that has literally no aptitude for music whatsoever, it's like a tragic character comedy or something.

You guys at least can thankfully just not listen to his music, but it's like I've been specifically selected to watch this trainwreck.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by bad_fur_day1
Another new line of tshirts released... no sales even with a discount code.
Last year at the height of lockdown and people scrimping and saving due to it, they sold like hotcakes.
:(
Good lord, my flatmate's going to be headlining as a DJ in a retirement village. It's hard to watch.
Post edited August 14, 2021 by bad_fur_day1
Yesterday I met my newborn nephew and I couldn't carry him due to the damn covid risk!!
Rest in peace Sean Lock :(

One of the all time greats
Why is it so goddamn hot . . .
Post edited August 21, 2021 by poogry
Life is fucking over media things I'm into and loved.

Blizzard is now hated and boycotted, GOG/CDProjekt RED is now hated and boycotted, Bioware is dead, DC is dead, Game of Thrones fucked up its finale, Berserk's author died a month after I just got into this series,Star Trek still hasn't gotten a movie and TV worthy of the old classics, Ubisoft STILL refuses to make a new Splinter Cell game. Konami is hated

I can post more, but point is made. Things and media I am into and loved is burning to the ground
Post edited August 21, 2021 by Elmofongo
GamezRanker: Your battery and cable were damaged too? Sucks when it happens.....thankfully, I caught it in time and got some replacements.
It was probably something inside but finding out what it is faulty is harder than replacing the cable.
Elmofongo: I can post more, but point is made. Things and media I am into and loved is burning to the ground
This is the natural process.
I hated and boycotted blizzard before it was cool. :P
Post edited August 21, 2021 by §pec†re
GamezRanker: Your battery and cable were damaged too? Sucks when it happens.....thankfully, I caught it in time and got some replacements.
§pec†re: It was probably something inside but finding out what it is faulty is harder than replacing the cable.
Elmofongo: I can post more, but point is made. Things and media I am into and loved is burning to the ground
§pec†re: This is the natural process.
When?
§pec†re: It was probably something inside but finding out what it is faulty is harder than replacing the cable.

This is the natural process.
Elmofongo: When?
Since they started screwing around WoW players.
Yesterday, my desktop's audio was not working in Discord (web client) despite working on other web pages (like YouTube).
I can't decide what to buy in this sale, Mafia II or Deus Ex MD Deluxe, can only pick one. Maybe I'll toss a coin to decide
zlaywal: I can't decide what to buy in this sale, Mafia II or Deus Ex MD Deluxe, can only pick one. Maybe I'll toss a coin to decide
Buy Deus Ex, Mafia II is bad, you're playing a repellent criminal in it. And Deus Ex has more varied gameplay, Mafia II is just a stupid cover shooter.
Post edited August 29, 2021 by morolf