It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bluethief: There are moments in life where you feel that you have no luck at all. My dad has Alzheimer and is getting worse everyday. My mom is really tired of looking after him and is coming to a point where she can't anymore. I've been trying to find a solution for this problem, like a residence where he can stay. No luck until now. Either the prices are so high that we can't afford it, or the place has no vacancy. Other times we don't even get an answer back.
I'm sorry to hear this. Bad moments in life are unavoidable, no matter what. Dealing with illness is especially difficult. All I can say is keep close as much as possible and cherish the good moments. Luck will turn around at some point, be it sooner or later.
bluethief: My dad has Alzheimers
Had to look after my dad through that and a couple of cancers at the same time. Really not easy to deal with - either on the care side or just coping yourself.
Being in the EU though you should be able to get help from various organisations and bursaries (i wish to hell we had but i was also coping with my own mental health issues on top, so never looked into it). Not sure what specifically in Portugal though I'm afraid.
Worth looking up though I'd say!
bluethief: There are moments in life where you feel that you have no luck at all. My dad has Alzheimer and is getting worse everyday. My mom is really tired of looking after him and is coming to a point where she can't anymore. I've been trying to find a solution for this problem, like a residence where he can stay. No luck until now. Either the prices are so high that we can't afford it, or the place has no vacancy. Other times we don't even get an answer back.
patrikc: I'm sorry to hear this. Bad moments in life are unavoidable, no matter what. Dealing with illness is especially difficult. All I can say is keep close as much as possible and cherish the good moments. Luck will turn around at some point, be it sooner or later.
Thank you for your words, I really appreciate it.
bluethief: My dad has Alzheimers
Sachys: Had to look after my dad through that and a couple of cancers at the same time. Really not easy to deal with - either on the care side or just coping yourself.
Being in the EU though you should be able to get help from various organisations and bursaries (i wish to hell we had but i was also coping with my own mental health issues on top, so never looked into it). Not sure what specifically in Portugal though I'm afraid.
Worth looking up though I'd say!
Sorry to hear about your case.
I contacted an organisation in the beginning of the year and they sent me some contacts, but like I said it's not been an easy task. As for bursaries, I haven't looked into it. I'll see if there's anything here in relation to that. Thank you.
Post edited May 18, 2021 by bluethief
bluethief: Thank you.
No problem.
Dont forget as well that whatever theyre going through, you also have to think of yourself and look after your own well being. No shame in it at all.
bluethief: Thank you.
Sachys: No problem.
Dont forget as well that whatever theyre going through, you also have to think of yourself and look after your own well being. No shame in it at all.
I know. Although this has been very difficult to me too, I have a family of my own (wife and son), which I have to look after to. My mom is the one that's been coping with this the most and the one I'm most worried about. Sending my father to some place is not something we're doing lightly, but like you said, we also have to look for ourselves, especially my mom. And this is reaching a point where it is too much.
Sachys: No problem.
bluethief: I know. Although this has been very difficult to me too, I have a family of my own (wife and son), which I have to look after to. My mom is the one that's been coping with this the most and the one I'm most worried about. Sending my father to some place is not something we're doing lightly, but like you said, we also have to look for ourselves, especially my mom. And this is reaching a point where it is too much.
Dunno about there, but near me is a "halfway" care home - everybody is as independent as possible, seperate living etc - couples can live there too in cases like yours. Its not an easy thing to get on the roster of, but another thing to look for.

At any rate, good luck and dont take whatever happens too hard on yourself or those around you. The world is still really just waking up to all that.
Can you find a place in daycare for your dad instead? If your father is in daycare for people with Alzheimer, you're mother gets a relief at least for the hours of day when your father is in daycare. It might help lift the burden until a residence is found.
Post edited May 18, 2021 by DubConqueror
Sachys: Dunno about there, but near me is a "halfway" care home - everybody is as independent as possible, seperate living etc - couples can live there too in cases like yours. Its not an easy thing to get on the roster of, but another thing to look for.

At any rate, good luck and dont take whatever happens too hard on yourself or those around you. The world is still really just waking up to all that.
Thank you once again.
DubConqueror: Can you find a place in daycare for your dad instead? If your father is in daycare for people with Alzheimer, you're mother gets a relief at least for the hours of day when your father is in daycare. It might help lift the burden until a residence is found.
That's also a possibility, yes. However, due to the pandemic, most of them are closed, with the staff providing care on people's home. Covid only worsened the situation, unfortunately.
Post edited May 18, 2021 by bluethief
Getting tired of seeing people bludge at work. Repeatedly and god bless our decent team leaders and supervisors but fmd..the amount of rules which are broken, lack of personality responsibility, lack of response of feedback about different things is a joke. communication has been a joke for the whole time ive been there is been like that irrespective of 3 changes of management.
One of the worst things about my line of work is the amount of ultracrepidarianism with clients.
Outside of the creative sector, the only other role I've found it to be as nearly bad was archeology (where the landowner may expect you to rewrite history).

COMIC SANS IS NOT HAPPENING AND NO I CANT JUST UPSCALE THE IMAGE YOU STOLE FROM GOOGLE YOU FUGGNUCKET!

*sighs
Post edited May 22, 2021 by Sachys
low rated
Wow you people have it good if that is all you whine about

At least you all are not in ungodly amounts of physical agony that is driving you completely fucking insane and never lets up even for a minute, While making you nauseated.

Feels like a NASTY scald!
Post edited May 22, 2021 by fr33kSh0w2012
Sachys: COMIC SANS IS NOT HAPPENING AND NO I CANT JUST UPSCALE THE IMAGE YOU STOLE FROM GOOGLE YOU FUGGNUCKET!

*sighs
Bloody hell! Watch your language!!
Sachys: COMIC SANS IS NOT HAPPENING AND NO I CANT JUST UPSCALE THE IMAGE YOU STOLE FROM GOOGLE YOU FUGGNUCKET!

*sighs
Cambrey: Bloody hell! Watch your language!!
Wouldn't it be too hot in hell for it to be bloody? (The blood would evaporate.)
Google?
Sachys: Google?
I think it's about Comic Sans.