It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

matterbandit: From where I am standing, there is no way I could possibly trick my mind into believing that "there is beauty in frugality" ...LOL! :P

But thanks for your kind words and positive vibes. I'm going to try to appreciate what little I do have. :)

I'm no expert in love, but hope these words comfort you: there's a "crazy" cat lady that lives on my street and everybody adores her! Not the best love advice, but my goal was to make you chuckle. ;)
I feel you, I would like to have a used Switch and nice things too, and more money to make gifts to my dearest friends (I hope I can get a new keyboard to my flatmate who has been playing with a faulty space bar for one year now) but being poor and on the move (almost homeless at some point) has being easier for me because I already was into some sort of minimalism. I'm not one of those people you see on youtube making those "I only own 20 things" videos but I try to avoid unnecessary stuff now. I hope to become the most adorable crazy cat lady in the neighborhood. For now I only have one but she counts and weights for two.
low rated
Hey guys i have RTX 2060 it's weaker than 1080 ti but as i understand it supports RTX while 1080 ti does not?

So in a way 2060 is better than 1080ti?
Dogmaus: I keep missing my ex and think I will end up as a crazy cat woman like the one in the Simpsons. I don't think I will ever find love again.
Judging from your postings, your a lovely person and I'm quite sure you will find love again. Just take time to mourn and don't jump into anything new too quick.

*edit: and besides, you can be happy being alone, I know I am.
Post edited December 01, 2020 by DubConqueror
Dogmaus: [...] but being poor and on the move (almost homeless at some point) has being easier for me because I already was into some sort of minimalism. [...] I try to avoid unnecessary stuff now.
You and me both. ;)

Dogmaus: For now I only have one but she counts and weights for two.
LOL!
low rated
Been sick for 3 days(not the coof, thankfully).....my throat has been very irritated almost nonstop. :\

(I get this on and off every winter and at other times due to chronic conditions, sadly)
low rated
Looks like there's another user who may end up being on my "auto-downrep" list. (Currently, there's only one such user, said user is inactive, and said user has harassed me and other users in the past.)
low rated
Someone else made an interesting (within rules and staying mostly civil) thread on a gaming related topic and it got closed because "this isn't the right/best place to discuss such things"...and before I had a chance to chime in.

Ah well, such is life.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by GamesRater
dtgreene: Looks like there's another user who may end up being on my "auto-downrep" list. (Currently, there's only one such user, said user is inactive, and said user has harassed me and other users in the past.)
Who is this person?
Looks like they're doing a hard lockdown in Germany soon. Curfew included. I've heard rumours they'll re-activate former East German border guards to shoot anyone breaking it.
morolf: Looks like they're doing a hard lockdown in Germany soon. Curfew included. I've heard rumours they'll re-activate former East German border guards to shoot anyone breaking it.
Well, at least we're seeing the beginning of vaccine availability, so in several months this sort of lockdown shouldn't be necessary.

(Then again, I live in an area that really should be locking down hard, but isn't.)
dtgreene: Well, at least we're seeing the beginning of vaccine availability, so in several months this sort of lockdown shouldn't be necessary.
True enough, but it will be at least 3-4 months until vaccines have any real effect, that's the entire winter. I actually think a hard lockdown is necessary at this point (could have been avoided if the summer hadn't been wasted and more precautions for winter had been taken), but the entire situation is pretty depressing and getting on my nerves.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/centos-linux-is-gone-but-its-refugees-have-alternatives/

Oh my... Luckily I haven't installed any CentOS 8 servers to our clients yet. Several have many CentOS 7 and even 6 servers still running though. And I started preparing one new monitoring server for our own use using CentOS 8 because I liked the fact it was supposed to be receiving updates until 2029 (which is far longer than e.g. Ubuntu 20), but I guess I will switch that to Ubuntu 20 Server now...

I guess for now it will be only Ubuntu 20, unless some client wants to pay for e.g. RHEL or Oracle Linux or whatever.

Too bad because I kinda liked CentOS (and RHEL), more than Ubuntu Server. And I just finished some RHEL 8 course some months ago... I guess I need to broaden my horizon, what other good Linux server alternatives there are to CentOS and Ubuntu (in case Canonical pulls a similar move at some point). Manjaro/Arch? Debian? Others?

I guess I need to google for "best Linux servers"... Not sure if *BSD would be also an option...
Post edited December 13, 2020 by timppu
timppu: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/centos-linux-is-gone-but-its-refugees-have-alternatives/

Oh my... Luckily I haven't installed any CentOS 8 servers to our clients yet. Several have many CentOS 7 and even 6 servers still running though. And I started preparing one new monitoring server for our own use using CentOS 8 because I liked the fact it was supposed to be receiving updates until 2029 (which is far longer than e.g. Ubuntu 20), but I guess I will switch that to Ubuntu 20 Server now...

I guess for now it will be only Ubuntu 20, unless some client wants to pay for e.g. RHEL or Oracle Linux or whatever.

Too bad because I kinda liked CentOS (and RHEL), more than Ubuntu Server. And I just finished some RHEL 8 course some months ago... I guess I need to broaden my horizon, what other good Linux server alternatives there are to CentOS and Ubuntu (in case Canonical pulls a similar move at some point). Manjaro/Arch? Debian? Others?

I guess I need to google for "best Linux servers"... Not sure if *BSD would be also an option...
Maybe look at Rocky Linux:
https://rockylinux.org/
dtgreene: Maybe look at Rocky Linux:
https://rockylinux.org/
Ok thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

I wondered if anyone would come up with a proper replacement for CentOS, and that apparently is it. I guess I'll set up some test server with that, to see how it works. EDIT: Well, I didn't see a download link, so maybe this isn't ready to go yet, just a concept for now?

How long before IBM/Red Hat buys out Rocky Linux, just like they did for CentOS before? :)

I don't quite understand yet fully the recent development. I mean, where does this leave Fedore now? I thought it was earlier the "upstream test version" of RHEL, but now it seems CentOS Streamer will have the same function? What is the purpose of Fedora now?
Post edited December 13, 2020 by timppu
timppu: I don't quite understand yet fully the recent development. I mean, where does this leave Fedore now? I thought it was earlier the "upstream test version" of RHEL, but now it seems CentOS Streamer will have the same function? What is the purpose of Fedora now?
Fedora I think will still be upstream from CentOS Stream, and will be more experimental, with things like pipewire as default coming to Fedora first before appearing in CentOS Stream.