It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
dtgreene: It wasn't that the atmosphere was tense, but the store did make some changes:
* Apparently, there's sometimes a line to enter. (There wasn't when I went.)
They do that sometimes at some stores near me as well....this is fine now, but imagine standing maybe during a blizzard or storm while waiting to get into a store. :|

dtgreene: * The sign says *not* to use reusable bags during this time.
I noticed that some stores do that near me as well, while others allow them but one has to fill them themselves.....it seems to vary, at least where I live.

dtgreene: * Instead of having separate lines per checkout lane, there's just one line and somebody directs you to the corresponding lane.
One store(at the least) that I know of does this...it works out well usually, as they also have a quick line for people with few items as well.

dtgreene: * You need to keep distance while the cashier is emptying your cart. (One nice thing about this particular store is that the cashier does this for you, so you don't have to.)
We still have to empty our own carts in most stores, and one has to do so either when instructed to or from a set distance from the cashier/other patrons.

dtgreene: * The cashier doesn't hand you the receipt; instead, the receipt printer is placed at the end of the checkout lane and you pick it up yourself.
Most stores still hand people receipts(in non self checkout lanes), but while wearing gloves in most cases.

dtgreene: * I'm pretty sure the employees were wearing masks, and it seemed like most (but not all) of the customers were as well.
Most do here as well, barring those who have medical exemptions.

dtgreene: It also helps that this store isn't too big, and the lanes are wide enough so that there's room to social distance. (Unlike another store in the area whose lanes are so narrow that, even in pre-pandemic times, it's rather stressful because there are constantly people in the way.)
I've been to a store like that.....sometimes it's stressful for me, but more because I don't want to bump into someone(even before all this) because of my mental issues & also because I might feel the need(even if un-needed) to apologize(I do it a lot, even IRL before the pandemic).
dtgreene: * Apparently, there's sometimes a line to enter. (There wasn't when I went.)
* The sign says *not* to use reusable bags during this time.
* No samples to try.
* Instead of having separate lines per checkout lane, there's just one line and somebody directs you to the corresponding lane.
* You need to keep distance while the cashier is emptying your cart. (One nice thing about this particular store is that the cashier does this for you, so you don't have to.)
* The cashier doesn't hand you the receipt; instead, the receipt printer is placed at the end of the checkout lane and you pick it up yourself.
* I'm pretty sure the employees were wearing masks, and it seemed like most (but not all) of the customers were as well.
1.) Yeah that is NORMAL there is always lines (In Australia the lines are actually IN THE ISLES you are NOT allowed to go straight to the checkout like normal anymore)
2.) God wish it was that good here I HATE re-usable bags (thank you for starting that one fucking ALDI)
3.) What do you mean no "samples" to try we don't do that here it's considered disgusting
4.) What's wrong with that?
5.) Wait WHAT... You do NOT put your own groceries on the conveyor belt???
6.) Pretty sure that they put the receipt in the last packed grocery bag
7.) Paranoid much with the face masks
fr33kSh0w2012: 5.) Wait WHAT... You do NOT put your own groceries on the conveyor belt???
In most grocery stores you do, but at this particular store (and probably other stores in the same chain) you don't; you just give the cart to the cashier who then scans everything and puts them into bags.

Also, this particular store doesn't even have conveyer belts, I believe.

fr33kSh0w2012: 6.) Pretty sure that they put the receipt in the last packed grocery bag
Normally, the cashier asks if you want the receipt with you or in the bag; now, however, the receipt printer is at the end of the isle, and you just pick up the print-out yourself. (This means, in particular, that the cashier doesn't touch the receipt anymore.)
Post edited May 23, 2020 by dtgreene
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: 3.) What do you mean no "samples" to try we don't do that here it's considered disgusting
What's disgusting about a free piece of food in a little cup or on a stick(toothpick or pretzel)???
fr33kSh0w2012: 3.) What do you mean no "samples" to try we don't do that here it's considered disgusting
GameRager: What's disgusting about a free piece of food in a little cup or on a stick(toothpick or pretzel)???
Eww... they do not do that here it's unhygienic.
NBN is the worst internet connection in the world.
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: Eww... they do not do that here it's unhygienic.
It's not unhygienic the way we do it here.....they wear gloves when portioning out the food items, and put it in sterile clean little cups or on little clean napkins.
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: Eww... they do not do that here it's unhygienic.
GameRager: It's not unhygienic the way we do it here.....they wear gloves when portioning out the food items, and put it in sterile clean little cups or on little clean napkins.
This I couldn't let run by. If you'all are sooooooo clean then how come so many Covid cases and the most in the world sooooooooo fast especially when dirty hands spread the virus? And using because we have 300 million people is not the cop out answer.
low rated
Tauto: This I couldn't let run by. If you'all are sooooooo clean then how come so many Covid cases and the most in the world sooooooooo fast especially when dirty hands spread the virus? And using because we have 300 million people is not the cop out answer.
The number of cases is higher likely because we test and have tested a lot more people(obviously countries that test less will have lower numbers, and ones that test more will have higher numbers).

As for why the cases spread so fast: Some speculate we had the illness in our borders since the beginning of the year, and it likely spread in all sorts of ways(likely in large part due to the high level of asymptomatic cases).

Sidenote: One thing we had/have in this country "of note" is how food companies and stores and such seem to love to be as sanitary as possible....sealing all foods in plastic bags and boxes and whatnot(most food sold in stores has to be sealed in something), cleaning stuff regularly, etc.
Post edited May 24, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
Tauto: This I couldn't let run by. If you'all are sooooooo clean then how come so many Covid cases and the most in the world sooooooooo fast especially when dirty hands spread the virus? And using because we have 300 million people is not the cop out answer.
GameRager: The number of cases is higher likely because we test and have tested a lot more people(obviously countries that test less will have lower numbers, and ones that test more will have higher numbers).

As for why the cases spread so fast: Some speculate we had the illness in our borders since the beginning of the year, and it likely spread in all sorts of ways(likely in large part due to the high level of asymptomatic cases).

Sidenote: One thing we had/have in this country "of note" is how food companies and stores and such seem to love to be as sanitary as possible....sealing all foods in plastic bags and boxes and whatnot(most food sold in stores has to be sealed in something), cleaning stuff regularly, etc.
I would say that this entire post is nothing more than your personal speculation. EOD.
low rated
Tauto: NBN is the worst internet connection in the world.
Tell me about it I'm on FTTN!
low rated
Tauto: I would say that this entire post is nothing more than your personal speculation.
It's also iirc the held belief/stance of several medical experts in a number of countries.

Tauto: EOD
YOU were the one to reply to me, remember?

So yeah, EOD/COD/EPA....whatever floats yer boat.....i'm done replying to you as well.

(Protip: You should be more like Fr33ksh0w....at least he has some manners)
-----------------------

(For others reading this who don't get the last two: Cash on delivery and environmental protection agency)
Post edited May 24, 2020 by GameRager
Tauto: NBN is the worst internet connection in the world.
fr33kSh0w2012: Tell me about it I'm on FTTN!
What's that?
Probably (and seemingly appropriately) stands for Fiercely Turbocharged Telephone Network... *Shrugs*
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: Tell me about it I'm on FTTN!
Tauto: What's that?
FTTN = Fibre to the node! and it is the WORST connection you can have!
Post edited May 25, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012