It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GameRager: Well yeah, we do have to show our "one true liege" proper respect. *bows* ;)
KiNgBrAdLeY7: You forgot the Hissss. But never mind.
But why would I hisss? That's done to BAD lords and such. :)
low rated
richlind33: You've been going on about this for months now.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Case closed. It was high time to start preparing for other things. Thank you for conversing. Post rant, i feel a tiny relief.
You're welcome. ;p
Sometimes serious health issues return... worse than before... even when you've made radical changes to your life long ago. Makes you look squarely at your mortality. Who would have thought? Sheesh, what a @%^&# weekend. Not looking for anything... just frustrated.
Post edited February 18, 2020 by kai2
low rated
kai2: Sometimes serious health issues return... worse than before... even when you've made radical changes to your life long ago. Makes you look squarely at your mortality. Who would have thought? Sheesh, what a @%^&# weekend. Not looking for anything... just frustrated.
Agreed... So apparently I now have presyncope (nearly KO) and heart palpitations on regular movements that could explain my LACK of ENERGY.
low rated
kai2: Sometimes serious health issues return... worse than before... even when you've made radical changes to your life long ago. Makes you look squarely at your mortality. Who would have thought? Sheesh, what a @%^&# weekend. Not looking for anything... just frustrated.
Agreed and I can relate somewhat....about a year or two back(I forget how long exactly) I blacked out and shook while in one room of my family's home....it might've been a stroke/seizure......all I know is I awoke in the hospital being monitored by doctors with heart/brain wave monitors(those little white sticker with wires), and had no recollection of what led me to get there.

It's due to that that I worry a bit each day if it'll happen when i'm crossing the street/etc, and also the "tasting of blood/copper taste in my mouth" when in the hospital makes me also think I might have slight(hopefully temp) brain bleeding issues causing it/due to it, which also bothers me & makes me think of my mortality(that and losing a parent recently enough).

But enough of that....we should be staying positive.....if anyone wants to join me i'll be pouring shots(non alcoholic for those who can't have or don't drink alcohol, of course) in the "what made you happy" thread. :)
================================================

fr33kSh0w2012: Agreed... So apparently I now have presyncope (nearly KO) and heart palpitations on regular movements that could explain my LACK of ENERGY.
That sucks to hear....too bad that one episode of the twilight zone with the old people going in to get new bodies isn't a thing(or at least not for the masses, even if the weird conspiracies are true) yet. :|
Post edited February 18, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Me treasure, yaaarrrr! Spent... Gone... Why are precious things always gone?
lol, you sound like Gollum! Let's hope it won't end with you dropping into a vulcano as well.
Post edited February 18, 2020 by morolf
low rated
The world is f*cking crazy. This time it really overexerted itself. NEVER! Again. Shall i voice wishes. It isn't funny. Like the "corrupt a wish" we do play round here.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

H E L P
low rated
KiNgBrAdLeY7: The world is f*cking crazy. This time it really overexerted itself. NEVER! Again. Shall i voice wishes. It isn't funny. Like the "corrupt a wish" we do play round here.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

H E L P
And so are you. ;p
Post edited February 22, 2020 by richlind33
Tried to program the micro.bit (in MicroPython) to take input from the USB serial interface and scroll it unmodified on the display, and failed.

In any case, I did learn that dynamically typed interpreted languages are not a good fit for embedded programming due to the fact that many errors aren't detected until the program is run, which requires that one transfer the program from the development computer to the embedded system, only to find out that the program has a syntax error or something. With a compiled language, the program gets compiled *before* it's sent to the device, and that compilation process can catch many errors including syntax errors (and even more if using Rust).

Maybe I'll give this simple project another go, but use C++ this time. (There is a runtime library that looks like it will suit my needs well.)
low rated
dtgreene: Maybe I'll give this simple project another go, but use C++ this time. (There is a runtime library that looks like it will suit my needs well.)
Even though a good chunk of what you said was confusing(to varying degrees) to me, I get it's about coding & also I wish you well in your endeavors. :)
low rated
dtgreene: Maybe I'll give this simple project another go, but use C++ this time. (There is a runtime library that looks like it will suit my needs well.)
GameRager: Even though a good chunk of what you said was confusing(to varying degrees) to me, I get it's about coding & also I wish you well in your endeavors. :)
Well, I got it working in C++. Of course, to do that I had to install yotta, then install the gcc-arm-none-eabi package, but it then wasn't hard to get it working.

(Also, I love the "auto" keyword in modern C++.)
low rated
Coronavirus is scaring the sh*t out of me, imo it's likely a global pandemic is unstoppable now, with the oubreaks in Italy and Iran (where there are some disturbing reports about increased lethality of the virus). I'm going to start buying rice, noodles and other food supplies on Monday, in case I need to bunker down at home for weeks.
Most people in Germany are still complacent (or rather they're worrying about other things, like "Nazis" taking over in another 1933, lol). I suppose the panic will be all the worse once this thing hits.
thar will be a toll on hospitals 'n' doctor clinics etcetc
but if your youn'ish an' reasonable lee healthy i wouldnt worry*
then again i wouldnt worr anyhoohar; wut will be will be. PARTAY

*hmm
Post edited February 23, 2020 by Fairfox
low rated
Health system is likely to be over-burdened once the virus spreads, especially with hospital staff becoming infected themselves. And in any case, you don't want to end up in hospital, it's probably the most dangerous place during such an epidemic.
I'm not even that worried for myself, but rather for my father who's in his 70s. But imo this thing could be extremely bad, I'm amazed that most people in western countries still don't seem to care that much.
low rated
morolf: Health system is likely to be over-burdened once the virus spreads, especially with hospital staff becoming infected themselves. And in any case, you don't want to end up in hospital, it's probably the most dangerous place during such an epidemic.
Hospitals are ALWAYS a bad place to be if a big enough spread of any major illness happens and overwhelms the system.

As for the current problems: I hear tell in China/other parts of asia that are the hardest hit they have been setting up centers with hundreds of cots for the infected, and entire buildings(small ones and few in number though) have been sealed up/emptied of bodies, as well as boies being burned to prevent the infection spreading.

(Plus entire large cities quarantined under armed guard)

morolf: I'm not even that worried for myself, but rather for my father who's in his 70s. But imo this thing could be extremely bad, I'm amazed that most people in western countries still don't seem to care that much.
Ever play Mass Effect 1-3? In it(especially game 3) people in "safer"/less hard hit areas of the galaxy acted like nothing was happening till it was too late....I worry(but just a bit) that some might be doing that here as well.