It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
DadJoke007: Abuse of the reputation system is against the rules though.

- Abuse or encouraging abuse of the reputation system and the “report as spam” system

It's silly that it has become some sort of petty and useless digital warfare. It's also dumb to have a rule but not enforcing it because the whole situation is silly.

This is getting tiresome as all hell, the forum is slowly turning into one big dramatic shitshow. If the kids are fighting over the rep toy, just toss it into the fire. At least that would get rid of one problem (of many) at this forum.

Some kind of consistency regarding rules would probably fix a bit, as it is now it all seems arbitrary as all fuck. It doesn't matter if the rules make sense or not, if they exist it's better to follow them than to enforce them on gut feeling.
TBH I don't care about the points, but how lackluster the punishing of those doing such is and how much of a slap in the face it is by some users doing it to others. It also likely discourages some who might otherwise reply to my posts and threads from doing so due to seeing the low ratings and the derailing posts some others leave.

I, KingBradley7, Fr33kshow, and several others get constantly low rated, and staff just seemingly twiddle their thumbs while it keeps happening. Heck, I am THE ONLY PERSON or close to it low rated in some threads(even when talking civilly on games or being excrutiatingly nice), and every time I send in reports I usually get the "we are working on it" boilerplate reply most times....and judging by the amount of time since my earliest report they must be really working on some amazing fix for the problem if it has taken this long.

Also if they don't punish anyone abusing the rep system/warn them and they can see who is repping whom then they should either drop that rule entirely or start enforcing it.....that's just my humble opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

===============
An aside/more "bishing": Then in the GOG 11th anniversary thread, there is ample chance for people to voice their concerns and complaints and have them heard but most post their games lists and say happy anniversary/etc and move on, as if nothing could be improved here and they don't want to use that chance to be heard,.

I was like one of the 2-3 people who voiced criticisms and got low rated for my troubles, with only 1 person giving me a reason for why some might be doing it and bothering to reply on the matter at all.
===============
Post edited October 04, 2019 by GameRager
Oooooh, ooooh, P.O.D.S. is on holidays. LOL.....Oh wait..
Grrr. Whenever cute young girls inspect me, i cannot cook my answers and i really do hate their prying. Asking you questions, insisting you share personal info with them and even worse, with others being around and chatting as a group.

Well, i wouldn't have been able to avoid that for long, anyway. And maybe it is for the better. In the previous place, the hostile environment, i was forced to act and lie right from the start, so as to cover and protect myself (and because i was perceiving negativity and smelling the set-up all around); but the freaks started watching me, going through my stuff and papers whenever i was outside during breaks and even worse.

I have to be double careful, now. At least i got a good read on 3 more individuals. One is a consumate freak; she claimed one of her closest friends died yesterday, but was in ultra chatting mood and talked casually about pretty much everything, other than prying in my profile (and she seems to be connected somehow to the other group from before). The other one, which was one of the two i found first inside there, simply "confirmed" my initial estimation; as i said, body language betrays intentions, fixed, almost expressionless eyes and faked calm-demeanor regardless. The second one, new face, is harmless and kind of reta rded, but i have to keep a healthy distance from him (in the previous place, somebody like him was highly ranked member of their "krew"). And last but not least, an ugly woman my age, who asked me about the Asian mumbo jumbo i deal into, out of the blue... I don't like her. If she knows somebody from that other, local site with hobbies and exotic cultures, or somebody fed her with bits and bites of info about me, this won't play out nicely. And i cannot feign complete ignorance, either, since...

But FAQ them. This time i got it. Profiles/persons chart is drawn and associations plan is ready. And since i went downwards again, i have no ground, towards being "distracted"; or reason to play nice and chummy. I already know the best of filth in town besides, no reason at all to waste my time, trying to get acquainted with potentially dangerous, potentially unwanted, second rate, upstart garbage, like this newer bunch of pyramid base's denizens. And my stay here is temporary. As soon as legislation clears the matter, concerning my primary field of interest and initial choice, i drop this sh_thole and start going UP. As i planned. Next semester.
Post edited October 05, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Let's see here, I think that's my fourth cellphone that I've lost/destroyed today :P Lost in this case. That's why you always keep your previous phone for in case!
low rated
Matewis: Let's see here, I think that's my fourth cellphone that I've lost/destroyed today :P Lost in this case. That's why you always keep your previous phone for in case!
This kinda of thing is why my dad now keeps his phone in a belt carrying pouch, and makes sure he has it whenever he leaves a place he is at.

I hope you have better luck in the future, at any rate.
GameRager: This kinda of thing is why my dad now keeps his phone in a belt carrying pouch, and makes sure he has it whenever he leaves a place he is at.

I hope you have better luck in the future, at any rate.
It was just lack of foresight / dumb luck at least. Cycling downhill on a washboard road + phone in a little (open) satchel up front with my snacks = where the hell is my phone at the bottom.
low rated
Matewis: It was just lack of foresight / dumb luck at least. Cycling downhill on a washboard road + phone in a little (open) satchel up front with my snacks = where the hell is my phone at the bottom.
I hope it was covered by warranty/insurance or you can afford a new one, then. Also best of luck with your new phone(if any).

=======================
To the thread/in general: Damn forum software is borking up again. I cannot use PM chat.....everyone is greyed out or appears offline and clicking to start PM chat with a user that is online doesn't work.
=======================
DadJoke007: Abuse of the reputation system is against the rules though.

- Abuse or encouraging abuse of the reputation system and the “report as spam” system

It's silly that it has become some sort of petty and useless digital warfare. It's also dumb to have a rule but not enforcing it because the whole situation is silly.

This is getting tiresome as all hell, the forum is slowly turning into one big dramatic shitshow. If the kids are fighting over the rep toy, just toss it into the fire. At least that would get rid of one problem (of many) at this forum.

Some kind of consistency regarding rules would probably fix a bit, as it is now it all seems arbitrary as all fuck. It doesn't matter if the rules make sense or not, if they exist it's better to follow them than to enforce them on gut feeling.
You ought to pass this on to Ashleee, because they mostly respond to complaints from the serial complainers. I'll mention it as well, and encourage them to look at the server logs and moderate like professionals.
low rated
richlind33: You ought to pass this on to Ashleee, because they mostly respond to complaints from the serial complainers. I'll mention it as well, and encourage them to look at the server logs and moderate like professionals.
Or bump it up to Chandra and others, as others have been doing regarding the weird/lax rule enforcements here lately.
NBN, Aussie internet service is CRAP!
low rated
Tauto: NBN, Aussie internet service is CRAP!
*Australian internet detects Tauto mocking them...cuts service while rubbing hands in the dark*

o.0

(This post is all in good fun, m8....I hope you get it all sorted out)
Ran into a web page that eats up CPU, slowing my machine to a crawl. (Remember, my computer's cooling is broken, so excessive CPU use can cause this to happen, but there's still no excuse for a web page to eat up CPU like that; it's not good for the environment, for one thing.)
low rated
dtgreene: Ran into a web page that eats up CPU, slowing my machine to a crawl. (Remember, my computer's cooling is broken, so excessive CPU use can cause this to happen, but there's still no excuse for a web page to eat up CPU like that; it's not good for the environment, for one thing.)
I have had similar problems with ASE(MS's anti virus) chewing up around 30%+ of my CPU for hours at a time lately, with no viruses in sight, so I can sympathize.

As for the cooler: I had one go at one point, and I would recommend you replace it when you can unless you want to risk losing your CPU/etc.
Playing Mega Man 1 on my Sega Genesis Mini, and it is rather evident how many game design issues the game has:
* Guts Man's stage throws you off into the deep end; right away, you have to deal with moving platforms that sometimes go down and become non-solid. What's especially bad about this is that the game does not give you a chance to learn the behavior in a safe environment. (For an example of how to do this sort of thing better, see Ring Man's stage in Mega Man 4.)
* Ice Man's stage has a similar problem, only the gimmick comes at the end of the level (without any safe introduction beforehand), and is RNG-dependent, which makes it even worse. (At least in Guts Man's stage there's no RNG in its bad section; also, those "yoku blocks" are at least done in a relatively safe environment.)
* The gimmick from Ice Man's stage reappears in Wily 1, only this time you have to worry about ceiling spikes; if the RNG doesn't like you, you have no choice but to die.
* The next room requires you to use the Magnet Beam to proceed; if you run out, that can be a problem. In the NES version, you could save this by going back down to get the weapon energy pellets, but that isn't an option in the Sega Genesis version, as they no longer respawn. This results in a near softlock, as you are forced to die, and the place you respawn is not a good place to try to farm weapon energy.

(Capcom did learn from their mistakes; Mega Man 2 still has some siginifcant design flaws, but I'll get to that later.)
Website that I was reading an article unexpectedly sttarted playing audio. Web developers, please *never* do this!

(When I see that, I instantly close the tab, even if the article was otherwise interesting. Also, I will downvote posts here that link to such sites, except maybe if the URL is explicitly visible and it's to a well known site, or the post explicitly states that it's linking to video or audio. Note that this includes youtube links.)