It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AlKim: I used to be in a rut not that long ago as well. [...] Job hunting is indeed difficult, and the best advice I can give from personal experience is to Fake It Till You Make It. You seem to have the advantage of knowing your strengths, which is invaluable - you just need to figure out how those strengths can help you in whichever job you're interested in. [...] And really, Fake It. A self-induced confidence boost may sound superficial, but it goes a really long way [...]
When I first posted my rant, it was to vent my frustrations off my chest. Little did I expect people to offer me advice and insights. Thx for sharing your personal experience. There's something very comforting knowing that others have been through similar ruts. ;) Makes me feel less like there is something wrong with me and more like I am living a common human experience.
low rated
AlKim: I used to be in a rut not that long ago as well. [...] Job hunting is indeed difficult, and the best advice I can give from personal experience is to Fake It Till You Make It. You seem to have the advantage of knowing your strengths, which is invaluable - you just need to figure out how those strengths can help you in whichever job you're interested in. [...] And really, Fake It. A self-induced confidence boost may sound superficial, but it goes a really long way [...]
matterbandit: When I first posted my rant, it was to vent my frustrations off my chest. Little did I expect people to offer me advice and insights. Thx for sharing your personal experience. There's something very comforting knowing that others have been through similar ruts. ;) Makes me feel less like there is something wrong with me and more like I am living a common human experience.
We all have to suffer from time to time. This is a part of life. At least we have others in many instances to help us along both online and off.
Area 51. Wish a million did actually try to get in. Would have been funny watching them trying to be stopped...
low rated
Niggles: Area 51. Wish a million did actually try to get in. Would have been funny watching them trying to be stopped...
I saw stuff about it on the news. Too bad it fizzled out after a short time. It might have grown into something fun and amazing given time.
R.I.P. SID HAIG

WHAT A CAREER!
I come before your alter and bow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22_eMm4NTY
Post edited September 24, 2019 by tinyE
Playing Wonder Boy in Monster World on my Sega Genesis Mini, and I encountered a case of awful game design. (This is in the second to last level, I believe.)

* Two rooms of mini bosses. This isn't the part that is bad game design (though I *hate* the fact that offensive magic seems to do no damage to bosses and mini-bosses in this game).
* After the second mini boss, you go through a door.
* Immediately on the other side of the door, you are on platforms that will dip down if you don't immediately jump; there's no chance to study the room at this point, as there's no solid ground you can use to get your bearings.
* When you fall (which you inevitably will if it's your first time playing and you aren't familiar with the room), you have to fight the second mini boss *again* before you can go back and retry that tricky platforming section again.

That's mean game design. (At least troll games aren't that mean, as they aren't going to require re-fighting a mini boss every time you fail the way this game does at this point.)
The usual misanthropy.
Post edited September 28, 2019 by user deleted
low rated
DadJoke007: The usual misanthropy.
Such as?
I was just about to finish Craft the World, at the very end of the last word, and I accident;y reset the game instead of saving.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
low rated
Someone tell me, honestly, what about that post was low rate worthy? Was it the word dammit....because I see nothing else that could be seen as offensive or not suitable for gog within it.

Or what about my latest contest? What about saying good luck to people or congratulating winners was or is low rate worthy?

This board is infested by a handful of jerks who need a long vacation from the forums, and they hardly ever get one, and that is what stinks more than how some perceive me to be.
GameRager: Someone tell me, honestly, what about that post was low rate worthy? Was it the word dammit....because I see nothing else that could be seen as offensive or not suitable for gog within it.

Or what about my latest contest? What about saying good luck to people or congratulating winners was or is low rate worthy?

This board is infested by a handful of jerks who need a long vacation from the forums, and they hardly ever get one, and that is what stinks more than how some perceive me to be.
With extinction looming on the horizon, we can all look forward to a nice, long vacation, lol
low rated
richlind33: With extinction looming on the horizon, we can all look forward to a nice, long vacation, lol
Maybe, maybe not.....I am a bit more optimistic, sometimes, on such matters.

All I want right now is for equal enforcement of board rules or better treatment by some who claim to want me to post a certain way without showing me encouragement when I do what they want....that doesn't seem like much to ask.....though with trolls or those with G.R.D.S. that might indeed by holding my hopes up with unrealistic expectations.
Post edited October 02, 2019 by GameRager
tinyE: R.I.P. SID HAIG

WHAT A CAREER!
I come before your alter and bow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22_eMm4NTY
Oh shit. I love Captain Spaulding. Bummer.
dtgreene: Playing Wonder Boy in Monster World on my Sega Genesis Mini, and I encountered a case of awful game design. (This is in the second to last level, I believe.)

* Two rooms of mini bosses. This isn't the part that is bad game design (though I *hate* the fact that offensive magic seems to do no damage to bosses and mini-bosses in this game).
* Immediately on the other side of the door, you are on platforms that will dip down if you don't immediately jump; there's no chance to study the room at this point, as there's no solid ground you can use to get your bearings.
* When you fall (which you inevitably will if it's your first time playing and you aren't familiar with the room), you have to fight the second mini boss *again* before you can go back and retry that tricky platforming section again.

That's mean game design. (At least troll games aren't that mean, as they aren't going to require re-fighting a mini boss every time you fail the way this game does at this point.)
I was just playing this yesterday and am ashamed to say I can't make it past the cave at the beginning.
Post edited October 02, 2019 by Dr_Adder
Just took the car in for general servicing...

... and ended up with a $3000 bill.

I baby my car and expected a major service ($1400) but twice that and the number of issues really killed my day. The wife and I had planned on a vacation (we haven't taken one in years and years) but seems we're not taking one yet.
dtgreene: Playing Wonder Boy in Monster World on my Sega Genesis Mini, and I encountered a case of awful game design. (This is in the second to last level, I believe.)

Dr_Adder: I was just playing this yesterday and am ashamed to say I can't make it past the cave at the beginning.
One thing that helps tremendously is buying a spear; at this point, the extra damage and raonge is more than worth the loss of defense that a shield would provide.

Also, you will need to get the ocarina from the cave and take it back to town so that a certain person will teach you the songs you need; this does mean that you will need to memorize or write down the songs (or just look them up on the Internet).

By the way, there are 2 games in the series available on GOG at the moment, and there are plenty of references between the game. (Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, for example, features the pet that you get in the Japan-only (until much later) Monster World IV.)

On the other hand, I am enjoying Columns, even if I can't beat that game (except on Flash mode). Has anyone beaten either that game or rhe version of Tetris found on the Sega Genesis Mini?