It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Encountered the bad type of Christian the other day.
Let me guess, the person was a white male and when he told you not to harass him, you chronically threw 3 cards over and over at him; the bigot-card, the racist-card, and the "he doesn't respect my group"-card? :P

That said; most Christians I know of really do acts as god is the answer to everything... and they're constantly have the same circular thought with no nack for logic.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by sanscript
dtgreene: The bad type of Christian:
* Talks over you when you try to explain your viewpoint
* Acts like everyone believes in some god
* Does not respect atheists
* Is a bigot (this includes being racist as well as being hostile toward the LGBT community)
As to the last bit: What do you mean by hostile?

It's a part of many branches of that faith to see any LGBT individuals in a dim light. This does not mean they all necessarily wish ill will upon such people, though.

dtgreene: I have met many Christians who will accept that I am an atheist and are generally respectful (and avoid using phrases like "god bless" when talking to me), and who accept LGBT people for who they are, and who can remain friends with people who leave the church (one Methodist woman I know is still friends with a lesbian who left the church some years ago). These would be what I would consider the "good type of Christian", to the extent that applies.

(I should point out that many types of belief systems are possible; I know someone who identifies as both a Christian and a pagan, for example.)

I could also mention that there are bad people in every religion (or trait that would fill the "religion" slot), as well.
The rest I get, but why is someone saying God Bless disrespectful in general? If they do it out of goodwill and not hate then why get upset(if you do...I don't know if you do as i;m not you) over it?

Heck, many non-believers I know seem to be ok with it/stuff like Merry Christmas/etc being said to them. They are just words, after all, and intent does matter. :)
Post edited May 24, 2019 by GameRager
dtgreene: The bad type of Christian:
* Talks over you when you try to explain your viewpoint
* Acts like everyone believes in some god
* Does not respect atheists
* Is a bigot (this includes being racist as well as being hostile toward the LGBT community)
GameRager: As to the last bit: What do you mean by hostile?

It's a part of many branches of that faith to see any LGBT individuals in a dim light. This does not mean they all necessarily wish ill will upon such people, though.
Actually, simply viewing them in what you call a "dim light", I think, is enough to consider them hostile. Specifically, anyone who actually believes those views on LGBT people is, at least in that respect, a bad person. (Similarly to those who have that additude towards non-Christians, including (but not limited to) atheists and Muslims.)

There are enough Christians I've met who don't have such negative views toward LGBT people that those that do I can consider to be the bad type (though there are still degrees of this).

One real test: How does said Christian behave when their child comes out as LGBT, or decides to leave the faith?
dtgreene: Actually, simply viewing them in what you call a "dim light", I think, is enough to consider them hostile. Specifically, anyone who actually believes those views on LGBT people is, at least in that respect, a bad person. (Similarly to those who have that additude towards non-Christians, including (but not limited to) atheists and Muslims.)

There are enough Christians I've met who don't have such negative views toward LGBT people that those that do I can consider to be the bad type (though there are still degrees of this).

One real test: How does said Christian behave when their child comes out as LGBT, or decides to leave the faith?
To me, one is hostile if they overtly harass/physically harm someone they dislike due to their faith...either through words or actions. As such, if someone wants to hold a belief that someone is bad because they believe such then I find it no worsr than those who find those that dislike them to be bad for doing so.

As to your question: If I had a kid and they did such I would have no problem with it, but on the other hand I wouldn't(as some progressive parents do) see them playing with dolls or using the wrong bathroom and automatically assume they were LGBT in some way or coerce them into transitioning/coming out.
Updated to debian buster on my laptop, and Xorg would not start.

(Fortunately, I fixed it for now by removing the new kernel and just using the kernel from stable that I've been using.)
I'll never give up and I will win so stick your insincere BS.
Tauto: I'll never give up and I will win so stick your insincere BS.
WTF....who/what is this even directed at? 0.o
every1, ever, at this point ;)
Fairfox: every1, ever, at this point ;)
I challenge you to NOT delete your posts for entire week and also write some serious posts once in awhile. I bet good money you;'ll fail at either or both within the week. 0.o

(Ok I admit that post made me laugh a bit)
Post edited May 30, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: you to NOT delete your posts for entire week and also write some serious posts once in awhile. I bet good money you;'ll fail at either or both within the week. 0.o

depends if i get rewarded or not! you know how to whistle, doncha steve?
GameRager: you to NOT delete your posts for entire week and also write some serious posts once in awhile. I bet good money you;'ll fail at either or both within the week. 0.o

Fairfox: depends if i get rewarded or not! you know how to whistle, doncha steve?
If this were a serious bet i'd offer you the game of your choice(up to 5 bucks) in the summer sale.....if it were serious/we had an actual bet going.
GameRager: If this were a serious bet i'd offer you the game of your choice(up to 5 bucks) in the summer sale.....if it were serious/we had an actual bet going.
Don't tempt me, because I can write perfectly normally when I really, really want to ;)

But where's the fun in that? Where's the passion? The desire? What's it worth, truly? Forget any monetary value; when it comes down to basic warmth and basic love for your family—or friends—how do you measure it?
GameRager: If this were a serious bet i'd offer you the game of your choice(up to 5 bucks) in the summer sale.....if it were serious/we had an actual bet going.
Fairfox: Don't tempt me, because I can write perfectly normally when I really, really want to ;)
==============================

But where's the fun in that? Where's the passion? The desire? What's it worth, truly? Forget any monetary value; when it comes down to basic warmth and basic love for your family—or friends—how do you measure it?
That i'd like to see/more of.....as you truly seem to "shine" in some of your posts(although I must admit I get a smile/laugh from some silly ones as well).

================================

You measure it in pizzas per hour, obviously.

Serious reply: Sometimes it's fun/good to be silly, and sometimes it's better to be less silly....it all depends on context/circumstance I guess.

But do what makes you feel good(as long as it doesn't harm others obv) and be happy being yourself.

Sidenote/addition: Sometimes I notice you write good replies(albeit silly written) and they are ontopic or just well intentioned and they get low rated. A side effect of being silly so often seems to be that many just wrote you off as a "comedian" and not worthy of much in the way of a reply.

Not me, btw: I uprate your good posts(silly and not silly)....I tend to look at each of a person's individual actions and judge each on it's own merits and less on the person making them.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by GameRager
I have though money and then GoG comes up with so many awesome games on sale.
Korotan: I have though money and then GoG comes up with so many awesome games on sale.
I look at it this way, by spending $10 on Fishing Simulator I saved the $1000 I'd need for all the gear to actually go fishing.