It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: It's rare up here but every once in a while get a completely insane customer, and we have a doozy.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out if he's crazy, stupid, senile, or deliberately fucking with us.
chevkoch: What was your verdict in the end?
nothing
he hasn't gotten back to us since I wrote that, and it's a long story. we've been dealing with him off and on for four years.
tinyE: It's rare up here but every once in a while get a completely insane customer, and we have a doozy.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out if he's crazy, stupid, senile, or deliberately fucking with us.
If the norman bates pic he posted in another thread(as a joke) is any indication: The customer in question is now sleeping with the swampy fishes.
GameRager: If the norman bates pic he posted in another thread(as a joke) is any indication: The customer in question is now sleeping with the swampy fishes.
Or ended up as the "ham" in the Eggs Benedict.
tinyE: nothing
he hasn't gotten back to us since I wrote that, and it's a long story. we've been dealing with him off and on for four years.
Did he insist on a guaranteed deer yard appearance? I remember that being a thing at the place.
chevkoch: Did he insist on a guaranteed deer yard appearance? I remember that being a thing at the place.
we had someone complain about that once.

they checked in, saw a deer in the yard, and threatened to leave. They said it wasn't safe.
I am SO NOT JOKING! XD
GameRager: If the norman bates pic he posted in another thread(as a joke) is any indication: The customer in question is now sleeping with the swampy fishes.
TARFU: Or ended up as the "ham" in the Eggs Benedict.
If we must go that route i'd rather he ended up as the treats in Ice Cream Man(film) or the Soylent Green flavor of the month.

Wait...he hasn't gotten back to you, YET you've been dealing with him for FOUR YEARS?!? w...t.....f?

0.o

chevkoch: Did he insist on a guaranteed deer yard appearance? I remember that being a thing at the place.
tinyE: we had someone complain about that once.

they checked in, saw a deer in the yard, and threatened to leave. They said it wasn't safe.
I am SO NOT JOKING! XD
Deers are evil, man. *mwahahaha glowing red eyed deer*
Post edited May 14, 2019 by GameRager
tinyE: we had someone complain about that once.

I am SO NOT JOKING! XD
Working there sounds fun, I bet there's rarely a dull day with new faces all the time.
LONG STORY INCOMING, you were warned. :P

Four years ago someone bought him a Gift Certificate. He immediately lost it which usually means he's shit out of luck, but we cut him some slack so long as he could prove the people who got it for him actually bought one, which he did.

So he makes the reservation, in our most popular room, two nights, on our busiest weekend of the year.
The night of, he calls, says he can't make it, says his wife is in the E.R.
Typically we say 'tough shit' (we have a 72 hour cancellation policy) but we aren't heartless, so we let him off and ate the two nights.

Next year he calls back, says he wants to use the certificate, books two nights, most popular room, busiest weekend of the year.
He calls the night of, says his wife is in the ER, can't make it. Again, we feel bad so we let him off.

NEXT YEAR. He calls, says he wants to use the certificate, two nights, most popular room, busiest weekend of the year. THE SON OF A BITCH CALLS THE NIGHT OF, SAYS HIS WIFE IS IN THE ER, HE CAN'T MAKE IT!!!!

Being way more understanding then we should, we let him off but make it very clear that THERE WILL BE NO MORE LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS. We don't care if his house is on fire, if he cancels, he lost the certificate.

"No problem." he says, "I'll just go ahead and cash it in the for the amount. You can send me a check."
No, sorry, we don't do that.
"But you have too."
No, no I'm afraid we don't.
We argued, and eventually fought for the better part of an hour before he said he was contacting his lawyer and we would be hearing from him.

Well two years later (man I guess this has been going on for more than four years) he emails us, tells us he has this gift certificate, and he would like to use it on our most popular room for the busiest weekend. Now he's either senile or thinks we are and won't remember him.

We gave him our toll free number, told him to call us, we can talk it over.
That was last week. We haven't heard back from him.
tinyE: LONG STORY INCOMING, you were warned. :P

=========================

Well two years later (man I guess this has been going on for more than four years) he emails us, tells us he has this gift certificate, and he would like to use it on our most popular room for the busiest weekend. Now he's either senile or thinks we are and won't remember him.

We gave him our toll free number, told him to call us, we can talk it over.
That was last week. We haven't heard back from him.
That's ok, I LIKE long stories(especially awkward ones). :D

=========================

Hmm....it sounds like he might be senile/is stuck mentally in the same period where his wife was fine then she got injured/sick around the same time. If so, sucks to be them. :\

(I wouldn't want to be senile EVER....if it ever happened to me i'd gladly welcome someone putting me out of my collective misery....same with if I was ever totally paralyzed.)
tinyE: LONG STORY
Might even be worth it to send him the money to be rid of him. I mean, you sure wouldn't want to make him into a returning guest anyway I figure, so who cares if he thinks not that fondly of you after this is done with.
This was fascinating.

chevkoch: Might even be worth it to send him the money to be rid of him. I mean, you sure wouldn't want to make him into a returning guest anyway I figure, so who cares if he thinks not that fondly of you after this is done with.
Nah, even after getting the money he will call again next year and demand to use the certificate.
chevkoch: Might even be worth it to send him the money to be rid of him. I mean, you sure wouldn't want to make him into a returning guest anyway I figure, so who cares if he thinks not that fondly of you after this is done with.
$360?
I don't think so.

Also I have a feeling if we sent him the money he'd call back next year, "Yes, I have a Gift Certificate I'd like to use." :P
tinyE: $360?
I don't think so.

Also I have a feeling if we sent him the money he'd call back next year, "Yes, I have a Gift Certificate I'd like to use." :P
I see, haha. Be prepared for an interesting two/three days if he ever turns up then :)
I don't think so.

chevkoch: I see, haha. Be prepared for an interesting two/three days if he ever turns up then :)
I've dealt with worse....UICH MUCH WORSE!

I love this job but man, the people you meet! XD

"What time do the Northern Lights come on?"
"Do you cage the bears at night?"
"Have you ever seen whales out in the lake?"
I don't think so.

So then send him an XBOX 360.....close enough, right? :)

Also, I have a feeling that after he passes he'll pick your spot as his haunt of choice. *spooky*