It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tauto: Talk about hot,31 already 10am and expecting 40 plus.Summer,you can shove it.
Feeling the same way about winter at the moment. -2F / -19C now, gonna be down to -15F / -26C over night. At least the wind died down, so it's tolerable-ish with enough layers.
Been in a white out for going on 48 hours strait (approaching 200 inches for the season), temps around 3F, and I guess I'm all screwed up because I'm digging it. :P Of course, I work from my home so I don't commute.
Post edited January 26, 2019 by tinyE
Tauto: Talk about hot,31 already 10am and expecting 40 plus.Summer,you can shove it.
HereForTheBeer: Feeling the same way about winter at the moment. -2F / -19C now, gonna be down to -15F / -26C over night. At least the wind died down, so it's tolerable-ish with enough layers.
Yeah,that's a bit cold,but there is a bright side and snuggling up to someone in bed.
We had to make do with snow covering the land for 4 days only, it's already started melting in the west of the country. Hope there's still some left in the east when I return home later this day.
Post edited January 26, 2019 by DubConqueror
https://www.theguardian.com/books/picture/2019/jan/19/tom-gauld-cartoon-marie-kondo#img-2 :-(
:D
It's a bitter truth...
low rated
Weather is cold and rainy. My most hated pattern ever. Humidity makes it ten times worse, too... I hate it. I feel the cold down to my bones!

Perfect add-on to my story with her and them; it turning sour and ending in the most effed up manner possible... Chill inside, chill outside... Yeah, good thing i can take it all (like always) etc, but this time, i got so much shocked and emotionally stirred, that i fell ill, before... Now, i am about to fall ill again... I stress myself to answer to: "What the hell was so special about her, that i got the crash of my life?"... There is no answer, only silence and COLD!

She was an ideological opponent, even... She regularly preached to me... But i listened gladly to her, tried to understand her, even agreed to certain points with her... I enjoyed conversations with her, her company, our time together; even if short and limited... She wasn't beautiful much, no... Her body; well, i have had fun with much more charming odalisques that remind of models, before, much younger than her at that, also... Yet still... I don't know. Her sweet and lulling voice? Her warm hand? That she extended to me? She even comforted me against the indignities another girl did to me, right before i met her... I leaned on her, i trusted her... I was ready to abandon EVERYTHING for her sake and even aid her. I was this _ close, to converting to SJW and activist cause... Just for her... She became an inspiration to me, even... But she also toyed with me, fed me with lies, hid things from me and at the same time? Demanded me to reveal everything for my life and "yield" to her, as if being her subject or something. Fear took me, defenses kicked in and i also hid many things from her, in fear of her becoming disappointed... Plus, i snooped around one or two of her dirty secrets, that she became both furious and alarmed, the moment she noticed i found out all about them... She thought i would have taken advantage of her or something; but truth is, i liked her for her real self, not the one she "introduced" to me in the beginning, or the one she displays before others... She was much like me, especially on certain matters.

That book she recommended to me, just before our breaking point... I couldn't stomach it anymore, tore it to pieces and threw it in my fireplace, even if it cost me 35 euros to get... I... I want to cry, shout, burst... But i have no more tears to shed, my voice is buried and i am ready to fall ill, again... And certain people call me a misogynist! The love, the respect and admiration, that old me right here has devoted to certain persons, pales in comparison to whatever those freaks have ever felt for other humans, even towards their own ilk, even!

Well, anyway, i have to prepare for my exit. I am abandoning that damned place, even if 2-3 people became buddies. And note to self; "The essence of balance is detachment". Never again, will i grow fond or spiteful, over one person. I have lost enough, already!
My fever and runny nose makes coffee taste like ass.
DadJoke007: My fever and runny nose makes coffee taste like ass.
Try Kona Pure Ground Roast. It's entirely ass-less.
HereForTheBeer: Feeling the same way about winter at the moment. -2F / -19C now, gonna be down to -15F / -26C over night. At least the wind died down, so it's tolerable-ish with enough layers.
Tauto: Yeah,that's a bit cold,but there is a bright side and snuggling up to someone in bed.
Exaaaaaactly. Though as often as not, it's the mutt <--- who wants the snuggling. Which is fine - she's like a hot water bottle.
Tauto: Yeah,that's a bit cold,but there is a bright side and snuggling up to someone in bed.
HereForTheBeer: Exaaaaaactly. Though as often as not, it's the mutt <--- who wants the snuggling. Which is fine - she's like a hot water bottle.
Yes,they certainly throw out some heat and the down side is the stink bombs that are released.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by Tauto
The battery on the car decided this was a good morning to give up the ghost. The lights lit up, the radio turned on and the wipers worked, but the starter gave a single click and nothing more. Needless to say, the morning was a complete hassle as a result.

I've now got a brand-new battery fresh out of the wrapper, but the people at the shop said I should probably have the starter and alternator looked at soon as well just in case. Might be an expensive month, this.
So, according to freefilesync's progress bar, this backup will take between 3 hours and 2700 days. Good to know.
Bittersweet tidings on my behalf.

Good thing is, exercising is actually fun and makes me feel better. So there's something to look forward to time to time. This was a good discovery.

Bad thing is, I finally figured out that why my coding exercises and process along with (summer) job hunting lags; I have low self-esteem and near zero trust in my skills. Blame it on unemployment and lack of successful projects in coding, more or less.

Which causes this funny loop: I don't do code 'cause I have no faith in my skills and since I have no faith in my skills, I don't do code. This all while doing masters in uni.

Feels like I've poisoned the well for me regarding coding and I'd kill for a proper answer how to regain it back.
Palvikinkku: Feels like I've poisoned the well for me regarding coding and I'd kill for a proper answer how to regain it back.
My advice would be "just do it". It's not like you have to show your code to anyone. Start with small things, tools you could use yourself. File serial renamer, games database...