It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TARFU: Another math/measurement error leads to near-disaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl4fhHLa5As
Ah yes I think I read about that before, or saw a documentary about it. It's kind of frightening how simple the error was, and how easy it ought to have been to pick up on it: 1.77 kg per liter of fuel seems way, way to high given that water is only 1kg per liter. Then again, if someone was used to imperial all their life then perhaps that's a simple thing not to be familiar with.
TARFU: Another math/measurement error leads to near-disaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl4fhHLa5As
Matewis: Ah yes I think I read about that before, or saw a documentary about it. It's kind of frightening how simple the error was, and how easy it ought to have been to pick up on it: 1.77 kg per liter of fuel seems way, way to high given that water is only 1kg per liter. Then again, if someone was used to imperial all their life then perhaps that's a simple thing not to be familiar with.
Reminds me of an exam question a teacher gave me in high school. It was a multiple choice test, and the question was, "How many seconds are in a year"?

One of the answer choices? 3.17 x 10*-8 (3.17e-8 or 3.17 * 10^-8, if you prefer either notation)

The *only* way you would come up with this answer is if you do the problem incorrectly, and it clearly does not make sense, so anybody who is thinking could be sure that that was not the correct answer.

Edit: Or you could get that answer if you misread the question, though I see it more likely to happen the other way around.
Post edited December 28, 2018 by dtgreene
Ran into another "friend" who ghosted me (shortly after the first one). Wouldn't have been that bad, except he started following me and yapping away like nothing had happened.
This awesome dude passed away :( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton
Here's an interview from 2017 when he was only 109 years old : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyfCGDnuWs

RIP you legendary dude
My last exorcism went very badly. Apparently I've eviscerated the latest priest, and while the Church did take care of the corpse (I really don't need further trouble with the police right now), they now refuse to send me another one. My head now rotates around 270°, without warning, and it's really shitty when I'm playing a videogame where I mustn't lose sight of the pointer. I ragequit and vomit green goo a lot.

Also it's winter, -1°C outside, so opening the window barely heats my room anymore, and the bed almost smashed me on the ceiling twice last night. If the left side of my belly hadn't kept swelling, I would already have ran out of skin to scarify my demands. My mouth is completely useless : I don't understand one word of the language I speak in.

It's become physically impossible to tilt the long branch of the crucifixes back downside (four monks tried together to pull one down, this afternoon, they said they'll come back with a torque wench next week), and the neighbours are starting to complain about the noisy choir chants that I seem to fart out every now and then (it may be my imagination, but I think we also hear violins now).

Also there's the issue of that giant red fire-breathing octopus that is crawling on the outside walls every time my eyes roll back, but right now, that's frankly the least of my worries.

Worst christmas ever.
Telika:
Scary side effects of medication? I once took a medicine that gave me hallucinations, frightening.
Telika:
Themken: Scary side effects of medication?
Yes.

Turns out it was a placebo, though.

I'm super suggestible.
Telika:
So the hot gun had nothing to do with it? Nor those dried mushrooms you bought on the market square last Friday night?

Hallucinations are frightening no matter how much I joke about them.
Themken: Hallucinations are frightening
And rightly so.
250 Dutch preachers signed the "Nashville statement" (https://cbmw.org/nashville-statement) proclaiming exclusion of LGBT people, proclaiming that being born male it's only allowed to identify as male, when being born female you're only allowed to be identified as female, loving the same gender is unheard of, not allowed, unpure. Blah blah. Blwergh.

That and seeing a picture of rainforest destroyed to make way for palm plantations, for palm oil that's put into almost every food substance available and is very hard to avoid, making us all complicit to this: https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=palm+oil+deforestation
Grandma is now in a nursing home, my step father just got diagnosed with bladder cancer, and my car's all screwed up because I hit another deer. Plus I am now the sole man in charge of a 6 acre property, three cars, and I have to help my aging mother with family issues, the house, the land, and have to go to my job every day.

But hey, I've always got video games and booze. So there's that.
Although i escaped from the worst... And engineered "emergency exits" from the very beginning... She left her mark on me and it is quite strong, this time... Needing desperately to be with someone that not only you are incompatible with, on many levels, but her viewing you as "enemy" or something, to top it all... Even i felt the sting, who always took great pride in my insurmountable "defenses". I feel like being poisoned, this time i ache both inside and outside... She played her cards well and her deception was masterful. I "won", but lost. Don't ask me how, it just happened, i always bring something new and almost impossible for others (to do, let alone understand, for themselves).

I 'd rather i lost and surrendered to her, instead... I could make way to her, i really adored her... But she will never know. Besides, there are better "gentlemen" out there, for all i care. Losing (more like being forced to pass on, but anyway) your special other; i finally got a taste of that too, how it feels like...
Post edited January 08, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Although i escaped from the worst... And engineered "emergency exits" from the very beginning... She left her mark on me and it is quite strong, this time... Needing desperately to be with someone that not only you are incompatible with, on many levels, but her viewing you as "enemy" or something, to top it all... Even i felt the sting, who always took great pride in my "defenses". I feel like being poisoned, this time i ache both inside and outside... She played her cards well and her deception was masterful. I "won", but lost. Don't ask me how, it just happened, i always bring something new and almost impossible for others (to do, let alone understand, for themselves).

I 'd rather i lost and surrendered to her, instead... I could make way to her, i really adored her... But she will never know. Besides, there are better "gentlemen" out there, for all i care. Losing (more like being forced to pass on, but anyway) your special other; i finally got a taste of that too, how it feels like...
Is this an excerpt from a work of fiction Love and Mr. Lewisham by H.G. Wells?
Symphony8: The in-laws are staying with us for 5 weeks. In our 3 bedroom townhouse.

Welcome to my nightmare.
You must be a masochist, lol!
Tauto: Is this an excerpt from a work of fiction Love and Mr. Lewisham by H.G. Wells?
No. This is from "Rigged Field" by "Applecinammon" "Bright" (Ms). And is a work of naturalism; even colder than realism, i assure you.

Imagine a girl that scared ol' Bradley. Just that.
Post edited January 08, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7