It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I thought there now was a ban on discussing politics here, really annoying how some Americans keep posting about their stupid domestic politics (as if it would be of universal concern what happens in some stupid flyover state like Wisconsin). Nobody else does this, really irritating.
morolf: I thought there now was a ban on discussing politics here, really annoying how some Americans keep posting about their stupid domestic politics (as if it would be of universal concern what happens in some stupid flyover state like Wisconsin). Nobody else does this, really irritating.
fair point, I got rid of mine.

You shant be seeing any more from me. I can't speak for anyone else on either side of the fence, but from now on you'll have to keep the criticisms of me to the 10 million OTHER things I do in here that aren't political. :D
tinyE: You shant be seeing any more from me. I can't speak for anyone else on either side of the fence, but from now on you'll have to keep the criticisms of me to the 10 million OTHER things I do in here that aren't political. :D
It will be better for your own health if you don't get that agitated about those issues.
And it's not like there aren't enough games-related topics to argue about (iirc you once called System shock 2 a bad game, which is pretty outrageous).
tinyE:
morolf: It will be better for your own health if you don't get that agitated about those issues.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hate it when you make a good point. :P
I hate it when people edit a post to replace the entire content with something like "deleted" or "nvm"; it is quite disruptive to the conversation. (I wish this forum would let you see the edit history of a post.)

(I could point out that, whenever I see a post like this, I will click on the "-" button, regardless of who made the post or if I had previously clicked the "+" button on that post, as I find such activity to be rather disruptive.)

morolf: (iirc you once called System shock 2 a bad game, which is pretty outrageous).
I am not familar with that game, but I do hold some opinions about games that don't seem to be that common. Specifically:
* Final Fantasy 7 is a bad game. (Most people who criticize the game seem to think it's overrated but at least decent; I think it fails to even reach this level.)
* Dragon Quests 5 and 8 are the worst games in that series. (I consider those games to be at least decent, though other games in the series are better. Also, I note that, when viewed from a feminist perspective, DQ5 is significantly worse than DQ4.)
Post edited December 06, 2018 by dtgreene
dtgreene: I hate it when people edit a post to replace the entire content with something like "deleted" or "nvm"; it is quite disruptive to the conversation. (I wish this forum would let you see the edit history of a post.)

(I could point out that, whenever I see a post like this, I will click on the "-" button, regardless of who made the post or if I had previously clicked the "+" button on that post, as I find such activity to be rather disruptive.)

morolf:
dtgreene:
nvm...;)
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Tauto
morolf: I thought there now was a ban on discussing politics here, really annoying how some Americans keep posting about their stupid domestic politics (as if it would be of universal concern what happens in some stupid flyover state like Wisconsin). Nobody else does this, really irritating.
Well the problem is, even if you don't give a shit about politics. Politics gives a shit about you...
De4thstroke: Well the problem is, even if you don't give a shit about politics. Politics gives a shit about you...
I care a lot about politics. But experience has shown that Gog isn't a good place for political discussions and that political discussions here frequently devolve into ugly hatefests (until they get locked down or deleted).
Besides, our late moderator Linko explicitly prohibited political discussions, and I think that ban hasn't been lifted.
low rated
tinyE: fair point, I got rid of mine.
That wasn't a "fair point". Fascism is rather the end of politics, so discussing the nazi shit the Republicans are pulling off in Wisconsin isn't actually a discussion of politics.
Vainamoinen: That wasn't a "fair point". Fascism is rather the end of politics, so discussing the nazi shit the Republicans are pulling off in Wisconsin isn't actually a discussion of politics.
i just really don't want to fight about it in here, whatever we call it.

I have this crap thrown in my face every second of every day IRL and when I come in here I want a break from it.
Vainamoinen: That wasn't a "fair point". Fascism is rather the end of politics, so discussing the nazi shit the Republicans are pulling off in Wisconsin isn't actually a discussion of politics.
Boohoo, by that logic any alt-righter or MAGA fanatic could argue "Communism is the logical endpoint of what the Dems are doing, that would be the end of politics".
Just give it a rest.
Blabla.

Bought a "new" game off ebay. It is resealed, meh. I wish ebay would punish such sellers.
Lucumo: Blabla.

Bought a "new" game off ebay. It is resealed, meh. I wish ebay would punish such sellers.
Can't you write a bad review about them?
morolf: Can't you write a bad review about them?
I can. Then they will try to "fix" it by offering to take it back which would negate the review as far as I know...plus, I would have to make time on Saturday just to ship it back (not to mention shipping costs which they are supposed to take? (had a similar issue with a British company once, except the the whole thing was really damaged, so not even close to "new" and I had to pay the shipping costs)). Sigh, I really should have stayed away from that website. There isn't really a way to get new "older games" though. Retro shops usually only have used stuff and Amazon has less to offer and is likely like ebay when it comes to resealing.
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Lucumo
Lucumo:
Sounds bad. I've never used Ebay myself; my father uses it for buying used old books, for that it's apparently ok.
What game was it?