It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The stupidity of closing a hospital's pathology centre on a weekend.
Braggadar: The stupidity of closing a hospital's pathology centre on a weekend.
From the Onion:

"23 hour suicide hotline a failure"
Seems a reasonable topic I posted in got deleted for some reason, and as a result the list of past topics I've posted in is broken and I can't easily access those topics anymore.

Really, this system should be fixed so that:
* Topics with posts in it don't get deleted as easily. (In particular, the "report as spam" feature should be altered or removed)
* The bug that prevents affected users from viewing more topics on the "topics I've participated in" list should be fixed.
dtgreene: Seems a reasonable topic I posted in got deleted for some reason, and as a result the list of past topics I've posted in is broken and I can't easily access those topics anymore.

Really, this system should be fixed so that:
* Topics with posts in it don't get deleted as easily. (In particular, the "report as spam" feature should be altered or removed)
* The bug that prevents affected users from viewing more topics on the "topics I've participated in" list should be fixed.
I agree.Was the thread titled Traditions and if so why would these really,really nice people spam into deletion a harmless thread?

Post edited November 25, 2018 by Fairfox
Is it me getting jaded or has Doctor Who become extremely boring the last couple of seasons ?
tinyE: My DirectTV keeps resetting.

This is getting really annoying.
Ah, yes, I remember those times. Lose power for two seconds and it forgets every little thing and then needs to do a 15 minute rescan of satellites and such. Though a small UPS would take care of that, which could be a decent solution if you're dealing with it much more often than we did.
low rated
Telika: Is it me getting jaded or has Doctor Who become extremely boring the last couple of seasons ?
Doctor Who has become both boring and politicized with the feminism crap.

The show is dead to me.
Family pictures.

My mother has 500 pictures of people she sees every day sitting in chairs, leaning against walls, just standing there.

I think I'm going to go through the albums and burn everything that I'm in. I can't stand this weak and pathetic attempt to prolong the fact that when 99.99 % of us die, five minutes later, no one is going to know or care we ever existed. Eventually, no one will even be around to know or care about the other .01%.
Post edited November 11, 2018 by tinyE
Telika: Is it me getting jaded or has Doctor Who become extremely boring the last couple of seasons ?
I think Capaldi was fantastic as the Doctor, but writing was inconsistent. I actually liked his last season best, because Clara wasn't around anymore (if someone overstayed their welcome, that was her).

This season I feel they're still trying to find their feet. The whole team is new. I think Jodie is doing a decent work, but no episode has been truly memorable so far. The companions are too bland (except Graham). The arc that they hinted in the first two episodes (new super-enemy) could pay off in the end, we'll see.
Post edited November 11, 2018 by Caesar.

Post edited November 25, 2018 by Fairfox
Fairfox: ^^ ive watched this season of dr who!

tbh i tried in teh past, twice (second time i tried to document it on magog for incentive, like a blog), even tho sci-fi is often dry an' borin' an' nerdy as all heck. friends recommended it an' i watched a few and its sooo goofy an' cheesy i just cant. i try an' i just cant

but female main dr! im down with that; thought id give it another go.

...gave up but it took me longer. i think there were spiders an' it was like, brrrr, nope. but i think i have allergic reaction to teh show? last time i developed a spot on my chin an' its totes teh shows doin' due to cheese factor
I still can't read a damn thing you say, but some sentences are beginning to sort of meld together into a cohesive, if poorly worded thought. That new medication must be taking effect.
Fairfox: ^^ ive watched this season of dr who!

tbh i tried in teh past, twice (second time i tried to document it on magog for incentive, like a blog), even tho sci-fi is often dry an' borin' an' nerdy as all heck. friends recommended it an' i watched a few and its sooo goofy an' cheesy i just cant. i try an' i just cant

but female main dr! im down with that; thought id give it another go.

...gave up but it took me longer. i think there were spiders an' it was like, brrrr, nope. but i think i have allergic reaction to teh show? last time i developed a spot on my chin an' its totes teh shows doin' due to cheese factor
Emob78: I still can't read a damn thing you say, but some sentences are beginning to sort of meld together into a cohesive, if poorly worded thought. That new medication must be taking effect.
For,whom?
I never though I'd post in this topic (in truth I even avoided it), but I need to vent out how much I hated the movie "The Favourite".

I absolutely hated the movie it's actual proof that you can have some of the best actors, but still a nearly unwatchable result.
And that poor rabbit! I couldn't care less if the movie won every award possible to win, animal cruelty/discomfort is NEVER excusable.
Luckily the actress wasn't as indifferent as her role.
A spoiler-free statement by her can be found here: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/emma-stone-bunny-rabbit-the-favourite/amp

And that vibrating-like sound that rose in pitch and loudness towards the end of the movie - almost enough to make me switch to an escape tactic.

I checked some data and while most of the information was likely more or less in accordance to actual history, I imagine the scriptwriter and/or director took some artistic liberties when depicting the depth of intimacy between the Queen and Sarah - the film's aim was to get as much scandal-inducing content as possible.

I don't have a problem with sexual content in general, but there are different ways how it can be presented - in this case, it went brow-deep into negativity: not a single instance of sex was anything but driven into scandal and the perverse, a form of manipulation in the end. Even the relationship between the Queen and Sarah (while Sarah was truthful to the point of being cynical sometimes, she did genuinely care about the queen) that could have had some love and warmth was depicted as little more than lust as far as sex scenes go.
Luckily the conversations did give it some missing depth, but the focus was only on what a scandal it was.

Pleasure on its own is empty and toying with someone's emotions for your own gain is the worst kind of deceit.

In short my impression of the movie matched the way toilets were handled in the cinema: the paper is there, but you almost can't get it because it's so elaborately placed and the opening small and clumsy; if you take too long the automated toilet will flush itself while you're still sitting on it.
In short: it's there (and I guess it's efficient in business view), but there's no regard paid to your comfort/feelings whatsoever.

I'm not saying the movie wasn't efficient it was it captured every bit of scandal and scheming, but while I do admit it had mastery in brutally bluntly delivering its content, I'd preferably never ever watch it again.
If someone invited me to watch a movie like that with no warning beforehand, it'd be a sure way to earn my wrath.

Overall: THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! If it weren’t for 1% of humor, it’d be completely indigestible. Would prefer to never ever watch again.

You'd probably need to watch it to get what I'm talking about, but I'd advise against it.

P.S. I apolgize if the comparison was too crude, but I had to vent.
Wolfy777: I never though I'd post in this topic (in truth I even avoided it), but I need to vent out how much I hated the movie "The Favourite".

I absolutely hated the movie it's actual proof that you can have some of the best actors, but still a nearly unwatchable result.
And that poor rabbit! I couldn't care less if the movie won every award possible to win, animal cruelty/discomfort is NEVER excusable.
Luckily the actress wasn't as indifferent as her role.
A spoiler-free statement by her can be found here: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/emma-stone-bunny-rabbit-the-favourite/amp

And that vibrating-like sound that rose in pitch and loudness towards the end of the movie - almost enough to make me switch to an escape tactic.

I checked some data and while most of the information was likely more or less in accordance to actual history, I imagine the scriptwriter and/or director took some artistic liberties when depicting the depth of intimacy between the Queen and Sarah - the film's aim was to get as much scandal-inducing content as possible.

I don't have a problem with sexual content in general, but there are different ways how it can be presented - in this case, it went brow-deep into negativity: not a single instance of sex was anything but driven into scandal and the perverse, a form of manipulation in the end. Even the relationship between the Queen and Sarah (while Sarah was truthful to the point of being cynical sometimes, she did genuinely care about the queen) that could have had some love and warmth was depicted as little more than lust as far as sex scenes go.
Luckily the conversations did give it some missing depth, but the focus was only on what a scandal it was.

Pleasure on its own is empty and toying with someone's emotions for your own gain is the worst kind of deceit.

In short my impression of the movie matched the way toilets were handled in the cinema: the paper is there, but you almost can't get it because it's so elaborately placed and the opening small and clumsy; if you take too long the automated toilet will flush itself while you're still sitting on it.
In short: it's there (and I guess it's efficient in business view), but there's no regard paid to your comfort/feelings whatsoever.

I'm not saying the movie wasn't efficient it was it captured every bit of scandal and scheming, but while I do admit it had mastery in brutally bluntly delivering its content, I'd preferably never ever watch it again.
If someone invited me to watch a movie like that with no warning beforehand, it'd be a sure way to earn my wrath.

Overall: THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! If it weren’t for 1% of humor, it’d be completely indigestible. Would prefer to never ever watch again.

You'd probably need to watch it to get what I'm talking about, but I'd advise against it.

P.S. I apolgize if the comparison was too crude, but I had to vent.
Maybe, but I've watched Mother of Tears.