It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RNG can sometimes be a little ridiculous.

Playing Dragon Warrior (NES version), and trying to go to Cantlin to buy a Flame Sword. Of course, this town is far from the start, and is guarded by a golem, but fortunately there's an item that allows you to reliably put it to sleep. Unfortunately, even with this item, it still took 3 attempts to reach the town.

Attempt 1: On the way, I fail to run from a Magiwyvern, it puts me to sleep, and I don't wake up in time before getting killed. I didn't even reach the golem on this attempt.

Attempt 2: A Magiwyvern ambushes me and puts me to sleep, but I manage to survive (but need to manually heal afterwords). I reach the golem, but it refuses to stay asleep. After a long fight, in which I use up my herbs, I end up dying because the golem keeps waking up, and I essentially gained nothing from putting it to sleep.

Attempt 3: I reach the golem at full HP and MP somehow (MP isn't important for this fight, as until level 17 you don't have any spell that would be worth using; HEAL just doesn't heal enough HP to keep up with damage). I put the golem to sleep and manage to kill it before it wakes up, reaching the town at full HP and MP.

So, I struggle and fail on my first two attempts, but somehow the third attempt is easy?

(Watching speedruns of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, I see that sort of thing happening, where random battles can take multiple attampts because you only have 2 characters and many late-game enemies have instant death attacks.)
dtgreene: RNG can sometimes be a little ridiculous.
Can certainly be irritating. Was playing UnderRail last night, and the game conveniently shows your percentage chance to hit the current target. Had a bunch of back-to-back encounters where I was getting around 50% chances quite often... and missing 80% of the time. Of course it's possible, but it's happening so often that I'm wondering if the chance shown isn't the actual to-hit chance.

Part of the trouble with RNG for these things is that the player might chalk it up to a string of lousy chance, when it could be that a change is tactics is the solution.
Got a message that I had 12 (not a typo) topics with unread replies, Isn't that a bit much?

(Also, at least one of those topics had a post containing a slur repeated, in all caps, over and over again.)
My joints hurt.
I have had to use the "report as spam" "button" (looks like a link, but doesn't behave as such) way too much today.
Tried to process a credit card charge this morning on the merchant account. They require a password reset every three weeks or so, and my old PW expired. So they give an email link where I can request a reset. Sent the email and it gets bounced. I guess I'm on some blacklist from email spam or some crap, maybe from years ago. Who knows...

I get that - every once in a while a customer's overzealous email filter will block me, too, even after they email me first.

But don't use those damn filters on your friggin' Support email address! Morons.
Yesterday evening my PC started to crash when just watching youtube. So I took the graphic card out and use the integrated one. So far no crashes. So much to a just three year old R9 390...
tinyE: Any day now, I'm in a tower, how powered rifle in tow!
Should this sentence not end with a question mark?
With the sudden disappearence of moderation, the general forum has suddenly gone down hill, with lots of transphobia and misinformation and posts being high/low rated when they shouldn't.
dtgreene: With the sudden disappearence of moderation, the general forum has suddenly gone down hill, with lots of transphobia and misinformation and posts being high/low rated when they shouldn't.
To be fair, the high/low rated thing has always been screwed with AF.

But yeah. The transphobia spike is obvious, and telling. And I'm so sorry for that.
PoppyAppletree has right .

I'm an idiot .

It's time to change .
They were all duds.
dtgreene: With the sudden disappearance of moderation, the general forum has suddenly gone down hill, with lots of transphobia and misinformation and posts being high/low rated when they shouldn't.
Sad indeed. I hope Linko gets back soon or someone else who is just as active in putting a lid on inflammatory posts.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by DubConqueror
dtgreene: With the sudden disappearance of moderation, the general forum has suddenly gone down hill, with lots of transphobia and misinformation and posts being high/low rated when they shouldn't.
DubConqueror: Sad indeed. I hope Linko gets back soon or someone else who is just as active in putting a lid on inflammatory posts.
If Linko does return, hopefully he will be the savior of the whole GOG forum.
DubConqueror: Sad indeed. I hope Linko gets back soon or someone else who is just as active in putting a lid on inflammatory posts.
Vingry: If Linko does return, hopefully he will be the savior of the whole GOG forum.
Good grief there laddie/lass the forum isn't that bad.You make it sound like hell.