It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
My mother is going on a drunken rant about the Deep State.

Normally I'd be laughing, but after a long search I recently found out that I'm NOT adopted. :P
Three days ago, I bought Sunless Sea + Zubmariner during the Humble Bundle sale. Now, it's just gone on sale here for around $5 cheaper. I tell you, that really shits all over my nipples.
Vainamoinen: That Chemnitz pogrom is taking me down.
There was no pogrom, you're spreading fake news.
https://www.nordkurier.de/politik-und-wirtschaft/es-gab-in-chemnitz-keine-hetzjagden-3033007508.html
https://www.publicomag.com/2018/09/sachsens-generalstaatsanwaltschaft-widerspricht-merkel/

There were isolated assaults (but not just by right-wingers, the far left also did their usual violence), but nobody was seriously hurt, let alone killed, as the term "pogrom" would imply.
The demonstrations were mostly completely peaceful.
(You don't need to answer, I'm not interested in your opinion since you're clearly completely deluded, but I wanted to set the record straight for the international audience here).
deleted
morolf: (You don't need to answer, I'm not interested in your opinion since you're clearly completely deluded, but I wanted to set the record straight for the international audience here).
Ohhhh sure, the problem were the "leftists" again, well oooookayyyyy then, my argument is null, the balance is restored, everything is all right in the world with peaceful people marching for their freedom while the crappy leftists always start hurling stones, and, I mean, if we didn't have all those migrants, there wouldn't even be any nazis, right? Right? So that's evidently the fault of the left as well. We wouldn't have had any nazis in the 30s as well if it wasn't for all these Jews, that follows quite logically from your statements on this forum. The Chemnitz marches were plain and simple: Right scale, all the normal people and maybe, just maybe a few Hitler salutes, left scale, vicious attacks against all those "normal people", I mean come on: It absolutely was the leftists again in Charlottesville, I mean Chemnitz. Couldn't have been a "pogrom" too; no one even died yet, plus, the man hunts are surely mythical (I mean COME ON what dark skinned person and/or journalist would even dare to be on the streets of Chemnitz city these days, so who would the normal people hunt anyway? Checkmate, leftists!). Besides, strangely few of the supposed victims went to the Pegizei, I mean the police. See, I totally agree with ya, so what is this style of writing that can't go seven words without insults, have you built an RWarehall altar in your room or something?

Your moral relativism is obvious here, the finger pointing tired, bland, ritualized, unconvincing. This was a pogrom in the actual sense of the word, it is ongoing, it will no doubt eventually yield the results we both are mortally afraid of, and if you really really need a euphemism, call it racial unrest, maybe that tickles your fancy more. I do hope you don't believe the clear cut fascist propaganda lies, in part even from elected officials ("there were leftists who did the Hitler salute", suuuure) who will never be punished for this. Never. It is "normal" now. These lies are accepted as valid political discourse, thanks in no small part to their popularization in the States by a right wing figure that I know for a fact you have little love lost for.

The AfD has been marching with neo-nazi groups shoulder to shoulder and hasn't lost one inch of its supposed legitimacy, because everybody on "both sides" knew their true nature for years. The supposed "normal people" who marched with the nazis are exactly the kind of collaborators that made Hitler's realm possible, that constituted the "Third Reich". I call them nazis, all of those despicable people, and I know you may be throwing a temper tantrum about that gross overgeneralization, I'm sorry, but I'm not stooping so low as to insult the crap out of you for it. If there's a fine line that separates the nazis from the AfD/Pegida/Identitarians, it's definitely not a moral one.

I know you're on the side of those particular right wing politicians who think that nazi marches are the time to finally really take the sorrows and fears of the poor radicalized people seriously. And I do, because they're nazist sorrows and fears, and we've evidently failed to teach the people of the country that should be least affected by right wing terror what crappy shit fascism is. Politicians on the right believe that now is the time to appease the nazis. I don't need to be "on the left" to call that out as bullshit that draws us deeper into the crap.

We were taught in school, back in the 80s, to fight back during the beginnings of this shit.

We're way beyond the beginnings now already, and who is fighting back? And how? As much as it riles you up to understand this, I'm politically in the middle ground, I don't see myself represented by any political party, but I've been schooled to understand a few very basic things about empathy and human rights that the extreme right is desperate to muddle.

Of course, I do not deny that this relentless fascist shit in my country is pushing me more towards the left. Not yet thinking of joining Antifa over here though, but after decades of finding them creepy, I do start to appreciate their non violent work a whole bunch these days.

Thanks for the comment, as senseless and insulting as it was. I think writing this post was cathartic.
Post edited September 07, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen:
lol, you can't seriously expect that I'm going to read your long rant, doesn't interest me, will remain unread. I merely wanted to point out that you're spreading malicious slander against Chemnitz and Germany. Unfortunately people in this forum from outside Germany don't get all the information and therefore might believe those lies and think the Chemnitz incidents are about a resurgence of Nazism or whatever. Which just isn't true, so I had to correct this misrepresentation.
Here are two uncommented photo series that show the demonstrations in Chemnitz on August 27 and September 1 for those interested:

Demonstration in Chemnitz am 27.8.2018

Demonstration in Chemnitz am 1. September 2018

Just scroll a little bit down and click on the arrows.
Post edited September 04, 2018 by viperfdl
Obsessed by an old amiga game's tune. But can't remember the game.

Edit : Nope, found it. All is fine. For a while I thought it could be Hybris. Close enough.
Post edited September 04, 2018 by Telika
Telika: Obsessed by an old amiga game's tune. But can't remember the game.

Edit : Nope, found it. All is fine. For a while I thought it could be Hybris. Close enough.
Oh yeah, one of the Hülsbeck's finest works. There was also this pretty nice symphonic version which was performed at a concert in Cologne ten years ago (man, can't believe how long ago that was - I couldn't go there myself, even though I lived near Cologne at the time, because I was overseas that day :/ ).
deleted
Post edited September 05, 2018 by Fairfox
Fairfox: edz: you changed avvie
i approve
in fact i approve alot
Same game, though.
deleted
Well, crap. Burt Reynolds died.
morolf: Unfortunately people in this forum from outside Germany don't get all the information and therefore might believe those lies and think the Chemnitz incidents are about a resurgence of Nazism or whatever.
You can be of the opinion "man hunts"/"pogroms" haven't taken place in Chemnitz. No one even forces you to use the euphemism I so lovingly provided. Still, the Chemnitz protests undeniably show the resurgence of Nazism in Germany. This has been going on for many years of course, but the wafer thin alibi narrative veil has seldom fallen quite as shamelessly. These nazis are bold.

Those who did the Hitler salute meant it. Those who possibly didn't couldn't even agree that the Hitler salute is "not okay". Yet the literal Mitläufer unfortunately is a nazi too, and that exact Mitläufer mindset literally was what made the "Third Reich" possible.

HereForTheBeer: Well, crap. Burt Reynolds died.
Loved his speech in "Bean"! :)

I admit, I was a bit jealous of him, because I had a bit of a crush on Sally Field back in the day.

F4LL0UT: Oh yeah, one of the Hülsbeck's finest works.
Big fan of the Turricans, and of Hülsbeck's rearrangements of the Wing Commander and Monkey Island motifs for Amiga. Ahhhh those were the days, when the Amiga's sound put the PC to shame.
Post edited September 07, 2018 by Vainamoinen