It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Happy Birthday

I spend so much of my money and credit that I carry over debt into the next month, every month. But at least as Pip says in Good Expectations, my birthday is coming up!
This heat sucks.
A problem of mine was recently solved, but the source of it both terrifies and angers me.

My internet connection has been spotty for about a year, and during this summer it consistently died from about 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM, the duration dependent on how hot it was outside. It was eventually discovered that the cable leading from my house to the pole was damaged. Melted. By a neighbor's bonfire last autumn!

Aside from royally boffing my internet connection, that fire could have been a serious risk to the neighborhood, considering that it was right by a rotted wooded fence, and how the more unkempt yards would lend themselves to a nice [hellish] flame. This autumn, I will make a point of calling the fire department. Much as I hate bothering with neighbors, I would like to not die a horrible death or even worse, live to lose all of my stuff.
I have to to move out of my apartment. I've rented it for 10 years, but the summers keep getting worse. I gotta get out of there. The only ray of light is that my boss has promised the largest geothermal heat exchanger available for the new company building, so going to work could be fun starting next summer. Not this one though. Because only selected room have shitty sick making air cooling right now (not the one I'm in, which is actually good, even though I hate the heat to pieces). So I'm moving from sicko heat to sicko heat every day. Ughhhh.
Vainamoinen: I have to to move out of my apartment.
DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME! :P
deleted
Heat is one thing but when the flats are built void of any insulation whatsoever, the outer walls reach +40C in summer and around +5C on the inside when the winter is at its coldest. As a bonus, you can hear what the neighbours talk about. At least most houses have triple or double glass nowadays.
low rated
deleted
I fucked up a reservation.

No one was double booked or anything, no one was put out, but we missed being able to fill two vacancies.

We will get over the lost money, it's my fear of senility at the young age of 42 that worries me. :P
tinyE: I fucked up a reservation.

No one was double booked or anything, no one was put out, but we missed being able to fill two vacancies.

We will get over the lost money, it's my fear of senility at the young age of 42 that worries me. :P
Guests cancelled on you in the end?
tinyE: I fucked up a reservation.

chevkoch: Guests cancelled on you in the end?
They had two rooms for four days, cancelled them (several weeks ago), but I only removed three of the days from the calendar. Like I said, senility. :P

So basically I had those two vacancies sitting there and didn't realize it until it was too late.
Post edited August 08, 2018 by tinyE
chevkoch: Guests cancelled on you in the end?
tinyE: They had two rooms for four days, cancelled them (several weeks ago), but I only removed three of the days from the calendar. Like I said, senility. :P

So basically I had those two vacancies sitting there and didn't realize it until it was too late.
Ah. Jump-start your brain by solving a bunch of Sudokus ;)
tinyE: They had two rooms for four days, cancelled them (several weeks ago), but I only removed three of the days from the calendar. Like I said, senility. :P

chevkoch: Ah. Jump-start your brain by solving a bunch of Sudokus ;)
I actually am a huge Sudoku fan.
chevkoch: Ah. Jump-start your brain by solving a bunch of Sudokus ;)
tinyE: I actually am a huge Sudoku fan.
You might need something stronger then, as clearly solving these didn't prevent the calendar mishap. Perhaps Papers, Please or a similiar game, where you need to remember a lot of data/rules?
tinyE: I actually am a huge Sudoku fan.
chevkoch: You might need something stronger then, as clearly solving these didn't prevent the calendar mishap. Perhaps Papers, Please or a similiar game, where you need to remember a lot of data/rules?
Hmmm, I was thinking of starting Tropico 4 or SOTSE today.