It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wish more people cared. I'm recently employed, where my job is to, well, care about people. I also do a hell of a lot of caring about my family outside work. Have been for years. So when they don't show me the same, it's like, "really, guys? We're supposed to be a team, damn it." I'd be angry if I weren't so tired.
WiteNoiz: I also do a hell of a lot of caring about my family outside work. Have been for years. So when they don't show me the same, it's like, "really, guys? We're supposed to be a team, damn it." I'd be angry if I weren't so tired.
Family Reunions: When all your family comes together and you're reminded why you moved so far away from from these people in the first place.
WiteNoiz: I also do a hell of a lot of caring about my family outside work. Have been for years. So when they don't show me the same, it's like, "really, guys? We're supposed to be a team, damn it." I'd be angry if I weren't so tired.
tinyE: Family Reunions: When all your family comes together and you're reminded why you moved so far away from from these people in the first place.
I'm the guy that's gonna be working every holiday, haha!
tinyE: Family Reunions: When all your family comes together and you're reminded why you moved so far away from from these people in the first place.
WiteNoiz: I'm the guy that's gonna be working every holiday, haha!
when I had a real job I volunteered for EVERY holiday shift.

Since then I have matured and opted instead to just stop celebrating holidays. :P
Summer is great, but the weather is unbearable at times. My car got hit by a shopping cart and nobody saw who left the cart hanging around..
Plumbers are worse than car salesman and real estate people and politicians combined.
Working on an office laptop protected by a password carefully taped on its keyboard.

Thank god they don't ask me to script a realistic "Mission Impossible".
Just got online again for the first time since 10 July :P A damned power substation in my neighbourhood actually exploded and burned to the ground! I was in the middle of making some coffee when it happened...
Yesterday my kalimba arrived which I got as a gift from my parents. Love the thing already, only problem is: saying that it's "out of tune" would be a euphemism. The notes aren't remotely right. And as it turns out, tuning a kalimba is a BITCH. Guess it will take a few hours until I will finally be able to play it, lol.
F4LL0UT: Yesterday my kalimba arrived which I got as a gift from my parents. Love the thing already, only problem is: saying that it's "out of tune" would be a euphemism. The notes aren't remotely right. And as it turns out, tuning a kalimba is a BITCH. Guess it will take a few hours until I will finally be able to play it, lol.
At least it doesn't look like you have to constantly tune each note as you play, as happens on the bassoon and some ranges on the clarinet.

(In other words, when playing wind instruments, you can't just tune it before hand and expect to play perfectly in tune; you have to constantly listen and adjust.)
Had PRK laser surgery done on both eyes Thurday. The results were instantly noticeable but the healing process is irritating - literally. Feels like my eyes are all scratched up and they sting most of the time. Supposed to be better by Monday. Sure as hell hope so. And I suspect that's the case - isn't much different than the few times I've scratched my corneas. Feels about the same, taking similar meds, etc.
HereForTheBeer: Had PRK laser surgery done on both eyes Thurday. The results were instantly noticeable but the healing process is irritating - literally. Feels like my eyes are all scratched up and they sting most of the time. Supposed to be better by Monday. Sure as hell hope so. And I suspect that's the case - isn't much different than the few times I've scratched my corneas. Feels about the same, taking similar meds, etc.
I flinched when I was getting one of mine done causing the laser to nick my sclera. Nothing dangerous but man, I was not a happy boy for a few days.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by tinyE
HereForTheBeer: Had PRK laser surgery done on both eyes Thurday. The results were instantly noticeable but the healing process is irritating - literally. Feels like my eyes are all scratched up and they sting most of the time. Supposed to be better by Monday. Sure as hell hope so. And I suspect that's the case - isn't much different than the few times I've scratched my corneas. Feels about the same, taking similar meds, etc.
Post-surgical healing is never fun. :c Hoping you heal soon!
tinyE: I flinched when I was getting one of mine done causing the laser to nick my sclera. Nothing dangerous but man, I was not a happy boy for a few days.
I took the offered Valium to help reduce the chances of any mishaps, so this is just the regular post pew-pew healing doing its thing. The actual laser bit? Really nothing to it. The before and after? - ugh. Hope it's worth it in the end. My farsightedness has been impacting some of my work stuff - even with glasses - so the procedure should help with those issues.
dtgreene: At least it doesn't look like you have to constantly tune each note as you play, as happens on the bassoon and some ranges on the clarinet.
At least you're unlikely to break a woodwind by tuning it which is what happened to me today just after my previous post. I pushed one of the keys too far. There's a shitload of resistance on them so when I finally applied enough pressure to get it moving, it jumped all the way, couldn't push it back anymore. So I gave it a final push so it won't do too much damage to the wood but now I can't reattach it. I presume that for an experienced player swapping these is child's play but there's like no sources on the web on this topic except for one video where a guy used a tiny flat screwdriver that's much smaller than the smallest one I have and I'm not sure that method is safe for the instrument.

Spent two hours looking for a Warsaw-based guy I first discovered a couple of months ago who builds his own kalimbas and repairs them, messaged him on Facebook, hope he's gonna reply soon.

Anyway, I'm SUPER pissed at the manufacturer of this kalimba. They keys weren't remotely correctly tuned. They were more off than they will ever be from playing. There's no excuse for delivering these instruments in such a state. I'm aware that you can tune them any way you want but for fuck's sake, they included a manual for the default tuning.