It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: easier said than done when your stomach is doing cartwheels.

When I was a practicing alcoholic I managed to stop getting hangovers. The problem was when I dried up I had severe DTs for a week.
Dr_Adder: Wow. Sorry to hear that. But you are sober now, right? So that's good.
I am fairly sober, having realized that alcohol is the worst for me. Especially when I mix it with weed and anti-depressants. Back then, it got so bad I was smoking at work (everybody did), all day long. Cap it off with sleep deprivation. And I eventually ended up in the county psych ward twice and lost my wife because of it.
I still partake in the Mary Jane sometimes.
Every day is a challenge but there are a lot of people out there who have it worse.
Dr_Adder: Wow. Sorry to hear that. But you are sober now, right? So that's good.
I am fairly sober, having realized that alcohol is the worst for me. Especially when I mix it with weed and anti-depressants. Back then, it got so bad I was smoking at work (everybody did), all day long. Cap it off with sleep deprivation. And I eventually ended up in the county psych ward twice and lost my wife because of it.
I still partake in the Mary Jane sometimes.
tinyE: Every day is a challenge but there are a lot of people out there who have it worse.
True and false. Yea most people suffer worse than ya, but that doesn't still diminish your own suffering, to be said. Hence, it's tad dangerous way of thinking, since if you lose an arm, you'd go "huh, well at least it's not two arms".

But I believe you have years of experience to know this already. But I still wanted to point that one aloud here.

Take this strangers strength on your future endeavors.
tinyE: Every day is a challenge but there are a lot of people out there who have it worse.
Palvikinkku: True and false. Yea most people suffer worse than ya, but that doesn't still diminish your own suffering, to be said. Hence, it's tad dangerous way of thinking, since if you lose an arm, you'd go "huh, well at least it's not two arms".

But I believe you have years of experience to know this already. But I still wanted to point that one aloud here.

Take this strangers strength on your future endeavors.
You should talk, you've only got one eye. :P
It sux.

That is all.
On topic about being happy and re: addiction. I suffer from depression, yet 15 years ago I stopped a 10 year old addiction to drinking and smoking marihuana and tobacco. It took many attempts, but 15 years ago I succeeded and in the course of time the cravings dissappeared and I don't miss it, even though the depressive episodes are still there. I just tell myself 'of course I'm depressed, life sucks' and search my mental toolbox for things that help me, mostly by slowing down as I get depression when I took on too much and have had too many enervating experiences. The 3 R's, they say in the Netherlands: Rust (rest), Reinheid (cleanliness), Regelmaat (regularity).
I like those 3 R's.
DubConqueror: . The 3 R's, they say in the Netherlands: Rust (rest), Reinheid (cleanliness), Regelmaat (regularity).
What does regularity stands for? Keeping a daily routine? Making sure you dedicate some time for things you enjoy? Financial stability?
Caesar.: What does regularity stands for? Keeping a daily routine? Making sure you dedicate some time for things you enjoy? Financial stability?
It stands for daily routine. Part of that routine is balance between activity and rest.

*edit: it can also be a weekly routine, not everyday has to be the same, but the balance is paramount.
Post edited June 04, 2018 by DubConqueror
I honestly thought dtgreene was picked on by the forum but she showed her true colours today in the New Friends thread and I am very disappointed in her.Now I know why she never replied to me.
Post edited June 04, 2018 by Tauto
DubConqueror: On topic about being happy
I just noticed I put this in the wrong topic *facepalm*
Two problems that have affected computers for some time, and which interact in a negative way:
1. Modern monitors and TVs don't have enough vertical space
2. Many web sites (including GOG) insist on putting banners at the top and/or bottom of the window that do not scroll with the rest of the page, reducing the available vertical space even further.

(An unrelated problem; I've made a couple posts in the Elder Scrolls subforum and not gotten any replies.)
I fell for a credit card scam.

Looks like I'm in the clear because my CC company was diligent enough to notice something off but still, that's scary stuff.
Post edited June 04, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: I fell for a credit card scam.
Best of luck. Many banks can be pita about such.

Tauto:
She never replies on anything if you try to have a direct conversation with her; I tried long ago to ask her directly about the things she writes and offered my opinion, but she stopped. At one point I nearly "stalked" her to provoke her to answer me but I realized quickly that that wasn't the way to go and It was totally wrong of me.

Perhaps she realized she couldn't change me and wasn't in control...

Yes, I might be hard now, but she only expresses her own insecurity with her cold and selfish demeanor, almost every post she has is to elevate herself and to prove the world she's superior.

Perhaps we should just leave her alone...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitch about life in general - 2. time one of our cats is not well in a short time. Some weeks ago it was because of an infection.

We see she's in pain and it hurts. She tries to eat but it all comes up again. Perhaps she has something stuck in her throat, because you can clearly see she's having throat-spasms. But there is nothing we can do until the appointment later today.

She really doesn't need this, but at least she's calm again and sleeps right now...
Post edited June 05, 2018 by sanscript
Whenever someone mentions Dana White, I immediately think of Vanna White. Then, when I finally remember who they're talking about, I instinctively feel let down.
lanipcga: Whenever someone mentions Dana White, I immediately think of Vanna White. Then, when I finally remember who they're talking about, I instinctively feel let down.
Same thing, but about Dana Barrett.