It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can I bitch about how people seem to think that feminism is somehow bad, and how so many people think that simply including female characters in movies or games somehow ruins them?

(Side note: The use of "can" in this post, as well as the post I am obviously responding to (without using the "reply" button) is actually incorrect; the proper word to use here is "may", just like the current month of the year.)
deleted
Post edited May 28, 2018 by Fairfox
dtgreene: Can I bitch about how people seem to think that feminism is somehow bad, and how so many people think that simply including female characters in movies or games somehow ruins them?

(Side note: The use of "can" in this post, as well as the post I am obviously responding to (without using the "reply" button) is actually incorrect; the proper word to use here is "may", just like the current month of the year.)
I'm a little pissed about how courtesy has become a fault in general

If you get on someone for screaming racial obscenities you get called an SJW, whatever the fuck that
means. f you ask someone to stop calling you names you get called a snowflake.

Evidently being nice is now a sin.
DubConqueror: Very down and tired, my head a maelstrom of all the suffering in the world, from past sufferings like medieval torture, the Thirty Years War and the Holocaust, to modern day Syria to future suffering like the coming climate catastrophes and the peakoil crash.
Telika: You know, just volunteering one bit in a small decent NGO does marvels for that mood. The simple fact of being not a simple spectator of the horrors, but of actually contributing to help some people out from the worst of it. It changes everything.
Eh, I am volunteering one bit in a small decent NGO. Doesn't change everything though.

*edit: but you're right in that regard, that the depression would be worse if I didn't know I'm at least contributing something to the max of my ability (I can handle 7 hours of work a week and I work 7 hours a week as a volunteer). Problem is I tend to work more than I am able and right now, I'm a bit overburnended, tired and thus more prone to depression. It's time for the summer holiday, but that's 6 weeks of. A friend of mine advised me to take a week off "You are more important than all the important things you have to do". But I find it hard to lessen the contributions I'm doing. Some things only happen because I am passionate about it and get others to work with me on the project.
Post edited May 28, 2018 by DubConqueror
George "there is no underwear in space" Lucas ruined Star Wars thrice, and to find an action game that's not even out "ruined" just because there's a woman (*GASP NOES THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY*) in the trailer is hilarious as well as telling.
I would rather find the lack of female protagonists in games, movies and what not disturbing. A neglected majority. 51% of humans are born femaie.

Also, I don't understand why 'SJW' is something negative. Fighting for social justice on all fronts, not only gender and race, but income distribution, environmental justice, human rights, animal rights and whatnot is only positive in my opinion and I don't see why it wouldn't be positive.
Post edited May 28, 2018 by DubConqueror
jesus only 301MB left :\
Matewis: jesus only 301MB left :\
Running out of space on a HDD?
Matewis: jesus only 301MB left :\
Fonzer: Running out of space on a HDD?
worse :P internet data for May!
Matewis: worse :P internet data for May!
Oh that i don't have any limits on my internet. But May is almost over.
If it helps, my computer is blue screen crashing every ten minutes. :P
Fonzer: Oh that i don't have any limits on my internet. But May is almost over.
Thankfully yes :P Still, probably going to run out tomorrow sometime
tinyE: If it helps, my computer is blue screen crashing every ten minutes. :P
Ouch that's bad :( Isn't your computer less than a year old?
Matewis: Ouch that's bad :( Isn't your computer less than a year old?
That's what I said!
tinyE: If it helps, my computer is blue screen crashing every ten minutes. :P
Matewis: Ouch that's bad :( Isn't your computer less than a year old?
My money is on something small like a conflicting app.

I do know the cooling system was installed by a different person than built the computer and when he installed it he told me he had some conflicts. He assured me he had ironed them all out via some creating programing, and that's what I think might be at fault here.

Twisted thing is, if this continues, he's the only guy I can take it to.