It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: We live on a property fronting I-90, with a freight train line maybe 1/4 mile past that. So it's noisy, and we knew that when we bought the place.
He's got an interstate running' through his front yard
You know, he thinks, he's got it so good

:)
HereForTheBeer: We live on a property fronting I-90, with a freight train line maybe 1/4 mile past that. So it's noisy, and we knew that when we bought the place.
TARFU: He's got an interstate running' through his front yard

I have a State highway running through my yard, but where I live who am I kidding? You could play street hockey out there all day without fear of being run over. :P

Well, not around 3pm. Our UPS guy drives like a maniac. SOB goes about 70 on those teeny twisty roads.
Post edited May 11, 2018 by tinyE

tinyE: I have a State highway running through my yard, but where I live who am I kidding? You could play street hockey out there all day without fear of being run over. :P
State highway is about five miles to the east for me. Now the interstate, I can't see it, but I can hear it pretty good, especially at night for some reason more so than the day.

Now don't forget, your state highway is a dead end, so no through traffic. Did you ever go see Isle Royale? I wish I woulda went there when I was younger. The pictures I've seen sure are pretty.

BTW, I found a vid of your UPS guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhFMIge7r8
Post edited May 11, 2018 by TARFU
tinyE: I have a State highway running through my yard, but where I live who am I kidding? You could play street hockey out there all day without fear of being run over. :P
TARFU: State highway is about five miles to the east for me. Now the interstate, I can't see it, but I can hear it pretty good, especially at night for some reason more so than the day.

Now don't forget, your state highway is a dead end, so no through traffic. Did you ever go see Isle Royale? I wish I woulda went there when I was younger. The pictures I've seen sure are pretty.
I see Isle Royal all the time from the lookout behind my house, but I've never actually been on it

The Captain of the Queen is really good friends with us so he takes my dad over every now and then to check things out.
TARFU: State highway is about five miles to the east for me. Now the interstate, I can't see it, but I can hear it pretty good, especially at night for some reason more so than the day.

tinyE: I see Isle Royal all the time from the lookout behind my house, but I've never actually been on it

The Captain of the Queen is really good friends with us so he takes my dad over every now and then to check things out.
You should go and take some pics for the forum.
tinyE: I see Isle Royal all the time from the lookout behind my house, but I've never actually been on it

TARFU: You should go and take some pics for the forum.
From the lookout? It's not much to see from there? :P
And I'm not going over. It's a three hour trip over and a three hour trip back which means a whole day, and it only makes those trips during our busy season.

Haha!

----

Yes, I'm being a bit curmudgeonly. Probably hypocritical, too, as I once blasted tunes every once in a while in my days of youth. Eventually figured out that it's simply annoying others for no good reason. Now that I have a place where I can really crank it without bothering anyone else, don't often feel the urge to do so.
low rated
Tauto: b..bbbb...bbo...bb.bboooo.boom....boom....BOOM..........BOOM!
Just in case you don't understand.......It's a BOOM box car coming down the street.I'm sure they are in your country also.
HereForTheBeer: Boom and buzzzzzz, since they're often crappy installations in crappy cars, and the body panels rattle and buzz with every beat.

I get more irritated by the idiots with the loud pipes on their crappy bikes. "Loud pipes save lives!" No, they don't. Helmets do. And wearing proper riding attire. Loud pipes don't do shit for you. We live on a property fronting I-90, with a freight train line maybe 1/4 mile past that. So it's noisy, and we knew that when we bought the place. But it's generally a white noise. Even the train horns aren't a distraction any more. But the douche pipes come blatting by and it's really irritating. For the 2-3 weeks around Sturgis, there are long trains of blat going each direction, day and night. Don't get much sleep.

It's like a different version of ADD: they have a deficit of attention from other people, and use loudness to counter the disorder.
Don't hear it that much but it can be annoying,the thing that concerns me is the ears will be that damaged and by the time they become seniors that they will be deaf.But,it's like anything else that harms the body people don't listen (or in this case they do) too much and pay for it in old age.
Tauto: Don't hear it that much but it can be annoying,the thing that concerns me is the ears will be that damaged and by the time they become seniors that they will be deaf.But,it's like anything else that harms the body people don't listen (or in this case they do) too much and pay for it in old age.
My back agrees. Haha.
Damn this sisyphean task of keeping gog installers uptodate. Managed to clean up the 150 asked redownloads, two days afterwards it jumps back to 30 because... because Loom had an update, or something ? Really, Lucasarts are still working on it ? Cool.
Telika:
GOG changes their installers several times a year, annoying.
Tauto: b..bbbb...bbo...bb.bboooo.boom....boom....BOOM..........BOOM!
Just in case you don't understand.......It's a BOOM box car coming down the street.I'm sure they are in your country also.
HereForTheBeer: Boom and buzzzzzz, since they're often crappy installations in crappy cars, and the body panels rattle and buzz with every beat.

I get more irritated by the idiots with the loud pipes on their crappy bikes. "Loud pipes save lives!" No, they don't. Helmets do. And wearing proper riding attire. Loud pipes don't do shit for you. We live on a property fronting I-90, with a freight train line maybe 1/4 mile past that. So it's noisy, and we knew that when we bought the place. But it's generally a white noise. Even the train horns aren't a distraction any more. But the douche pipes come blatting by and it's really irritating. For the 2-3 weeks around Sturgis, there are long trains of blat going each direction, day and night. Don't get much sleep.

It's like a different version of ADD: they have a deficit of attention from other people, and use loudness to counter the disorder.
Wait, so I can't enjoy an upgraded sound system within the noise ordinance?
And believe me, I have the buzzing a decent bit because some of my trim is fucked a little bit, especially on the outside... some decorative paneling around the outside actually makes more noise than my subs do, even with them turned up very high. I don't really advocate what you're talking about, there is definitely too loud. I say if a car next to you hears your music at above 70db, it's too much. Anything lower than that, and you'd be complaining about mac trucks idling next to you as well. Which maybe you do. My goal in explaining all that was the reason you will see people rolling down their windows a little bit (I don't roll my back ones down more than halfway because it fucks with sound more than it fixes the lower register), and legit once a month I don't believe myself and that I think I can hear my car sound, so I check. I don't know if I'm explaining this well or if you believe me, lol.

Also, I do have something to say about loud pipes. I hate them, but helmets don't really save lives at accidents near highway speeds either. Most motorcycle accidents are at crossings and deaths by ejection, but a helmet won't save your neck from breaking, it's why even motorcyclists wearing helmets die often, but wear one anyway lol.

I say all this because I know of a kid in my class who died driving to class, wearing a helmet.

BattlestarSC2: I say all this because I know of a kid in my class who died driving to class, wearing a helmet.
I don't know the exact numbers so I can't really comment on the statistics (and I'm way to tired to debate anyway :P), but you sound like my crazy aunt who refuses to wear a seat belt because she heard about someone who was killed by the seat belt in an accident. Yes, this does happen, but for everyone 1 person a seat belt kills, it saves 1000.

BattlestarSC2: Wait, so I can't enjoy an upgraded sound system within the noise ordinance?
And believe me, I have the buzzing a decent bit because some of my trim is fucked a little bit, especially on the outside... some decorative paneling around the outside actually makes more noise than my subs do, even with them turned up very high. I don't really advocate what you're talking about, there is definitely too loud. I say if a car next to you hears your music at above 70db, it's too much. Anything lower than that, and you'd be complaining about mac trucks idling next to you as well. Which maybe you do. My goal in explaining all that was the reason you will see people rolling down their windows a little bit (I don't roll my back ones down more than halfway because it fucks with sound more than it fixes the lower register), and legit once a month I don't believe myself and that I think I can hear my car sound, so I check. I don't know if I'm explaining this well or if you believe me, lol.

Also, I do have something to say about loud pipes. I hate them, but helmets don't really save lives at accidents near highway speeds either. Most motorcycle accidents are at crossings and deaths by ejection, but a helmet won't save your neck from breaking, it's why even motorcyclists wearing helmets die often, but wear one anyway lol.

I say all this because I know of a kid in my class who died driving to class, wearing a helmet.
Maybe your version of loud is different than what I'm talking about. 70dB isn't that loud, at least in an otherwise busy environment. But there is the occasional dimwit pulling into the gas station leaving the radio blasting at much higher than that, or driving down the street. For the Mack truck, well, a working truck like that has some noise simply doing its job. It's not loud simply because the driver wants it to be loud.

For the helmets, I will always advocate for those. For one thing, maybe five years back I was riding back home from visiting the folks and took a bird dropping on the face shield, at the spot that would have been right between the eyes. That very easily could have turned into a wipeout at ~65 mph. And if you've ever taken a bug to the face shield at highway speeds and had it knock your head back a little bit... dang, that would hurt. Second, in a bit of irony a biker died a few years back on one of those freedom from helmet law rides, not too far from here over in MN, when his foot slipped off the peg, got caught on the ground, and he went down hard. And died from the resulting head injury. Oopsie. At any rate, wear all the gear. It's a pain to put all that stuff on, but road rash is a horrible thing. And a good helmet (not the little piss-pot pseudo-helmets) can certainly prevent death and disfigurement from head impacts.
Okay, so this happened yesterday. Just after I had finished watching the trailer of an anime that I was planning to watch, I accidentally saw the title of another video located on the right side of the screen (where other videos can also be easily found) which basically said the death scene of the two main characters of the anime. Like ffs dude. This honestly pisses me off.

I think it would be better if you saw it yourself.
Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/c7NyZE