It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just saw this trailer for a new Predator film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPI9E-wNK8s
It looks awful and now my entire night's ruined :(
Matewis: Just saw this trailer for a new Predator film
No Arnie! They lost it when Danny Glover was the hero.
Post edited May 10, 2018 by Tauto
Matewis: Just saw this trailer for a new Predator film
Tauto: No Arnie! They lost it when Danny Glover was the hero.
Oh no, I'm too much of a Danny Glover fan. I really enjoyed Predator 2 as well. Not nearly as good as the first one of course.
Matewis: It looks awful
Except if that kid is actually remote controlling the spaceship, as the first sequence (accidentally) suggests.
Are telemarketers as bad in Europe as they are over here?
Tauto: No Arnie! They lost it when Danny Glover was the hero.
Matewis: Oh no, I'm too much of a Danny Glover fan. I really enjoyed Predator 2 as well. Not nearly as good as the first one of course.
He was good in the Lethal Weapon series and comedies but lost it in Predator.
For those who use cars:

* If you are going to play music in your car, *please* keep your windows rolled up, so I don't have to hear your music (which is probably of a type I can't stand).

* If you are going to roll down your windows, *please* refrain from playing music in the car.
dtgreene: For those who use cars:

* If you are going to play music in your car, *please* keep your windows rolled up, so I don't have to hear your music (which is probably of a type I can't stand).

* If you are going to roll down your windows, *please* refrain from playing music in the car.
For the sake of convenience, instead of dictating to everyone what they should or should not do in their cars, wouldn't it be a lot easier to request that you just stay inside? And why do they have to roll up their windows? Why don't you roll up yours? What makes you more entitled to fresh air?

Seriously, you want all the world's drivers to cater to one person who has a bug up their ass about loud music? That sounds pretty selfish to me.
Post edited May 11, 2018 by tinyE
deleted
dtgreene: For those who use cars:

I felt like you for a long, long time. The louder the music, and the more money they put into subs, the more I hated driving next to them.

I installed subs and I'd like to give you a little bit of perspective.

First, people who do this are not usually trying to bother everyone else around them. My mother loves rolling down ALL the windows and turning up the music as loud as it can get and singing along. It's just her way of relaxing (or waking up if she's driving late at night).

Second, if you have subs, you understand what I'm saying, but if you don't roll down your windows at least slightly, all the subs do is make your car shake and you lose a ton of fidelity. I believe it comes from the physics of the wavelength of such low frequency sounds, usually longer than the interior of the car. Some people do this to "share" their music, but the only times I roll down my windows are when it actually changes the sound quality of the lower range significantly. Maybe you can't notice, but I do.

Perhaps play a little bit of music when you drive and you won't hear anything? You'd be surprised

EDIT: Oops, ended the post without ending my thought. You'd be surprised at how well a little bit of music isolates yourself from the outside world's sounds.
Post edited May 11, 2018 by BattlestarSC2
BattlestarSC2: You'd be surprised at how well a little bit of music isolates yourself from the outside world's sounds.
You might be surprised how much your needlessly loud music spoils the quiet isolation I'm trying to achieve.
BattlestarSC2: You'd be surprised at how well a little bit of music isolates yourself from the outside world's sounds.
HereForTheBeer: You might be surprised how much your needlessly loud music spoils the quiet isolation I'm trying to achieve.
Tell me about it!
HereForTheBeer: You might be surprised how much your needlessly loud music spoils the quiet isolation I'm trying to achieve.
b..bbbb...bbo...bb.bboooo.boom....boom....BOOM..........BOOM!
Just in case you don't understand.......It's a BOOM box car coming down the street.I'm sure they are in your country also.
Post edited May 11, 2018 by Tauto
I often wonder how deaf some motorists must be judging by the insane volume of the music they listen to while driving :P Perhaps it's so loud precisely because they've damaged their hearing so badly over the years listening to very loud music.
Tauto: b..bbbb...bbo...bb.bboooo.boom....boom....BOOM..........BOOM!
Just in case you don't understand.......It's a BOOM box car coming down the street.I'm sure they are in your country also.
Boom and buzzzzzz, since they're often crappy installations in crappy cars, and the body panels rattle and buzz with every beat.

I get more irritated by the idiots with the loud pipes on their crappy bikes. "Loud pipes save lives!" No, they don't. Helmets do. And wearing proper riding attire. Loud pipes don't do shit for you. We live on a property fronting I-90, with a freight train line maybe 1/4 mile past that. So it's noisy, and we knew that when we bought the place. But it's generally a white noise. Even the train horns aren't a distraction any more. But the douche pipes come blatting by and it's really irritating. For the 2-3 weeks around Sturgis, there are long trains of blat going each direction, day and night. Don't get much sleep.

It's like a different version of ADD: they have a deficit of attention from other people, and use loudness to counter the disorder.