It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
AlKim: Could my client please pay the invoice, that would be great.
Client here. We've asked you to make the logo bigger on several occasions, why don't we get what we know we need?
I feel your pain, brotha.

Got a deadbeat from last August or so, pretty chunky invoice. Mailed them a few times, and last time was a certified letter. That finally got their attention. Owner calls apologizing up one side and down the other, saying he feels like an asshole (his word) and that a check will go out that week. 2 weeks later, no check. <sigh>

I have to rent a truck to make a parts delivery tomorrow, and will be about 20 miles away from that shop. No sweat to make a slight detour and ask them what up. I hate doing that because it can be pretty uncomfortable for all around, but I hate more not being paid for parts and service.
timppu: I'm actually more angry about my PlantsVsZombies. That is a genuinely good game, while Peggle is... something else.
Fairfox: WUT?!?!?!1
Exact-lee.
HereForTheBeer: I feel your pain, brotha.

Got a deadbeat from last August or so, pretty chunky invoice. Mailed them a few times, and last time was a certified letter. That finally got their attention. Owner calls apologizing up one side and down the other, saying he feels like an asshole (his word) and that a check will go out that week. 2 weeks later, no check. <sigh>

I have to rent a truck to make a parts delivery tomorrow, and will be about 20 miles away from that shop. No sweat to make a slight detour and ask them what up. I hate doing that because it can be pretty uncomfortable for all around, but I hate more not being paid for parts and service.
Ouch, that's horrible. My client is generally pretty reliable and only misses their payment by a few days on the few occasions that they do (such as now - must have been a busy day at the financial department after Easter), but I just happened to have a stack of bills of my own with no money whatsoever to pay them with. Having read your case, I'll just try slack off a little and remember that it's not too bad here.
HereForTheBeer: I feel your pain, brotha.

AlKim: Ouch, that's horrible. My client is generally pretty reliable and only misses their payment by a few days on the few occasions that they do (such as now - must have been a busy day at the financial department after Easter), but I just happened to have a stack of bills of my own with no money whatsoever to pay them with. Having read your case, I'll just try slack off a little and remember that it's not too bad here.
Happy ending: got paid today when I went over there. 450 mile round trip, but hey, had to go down that way for something else anyway. The guy I normally work with - machine operator who is the owner's son and halfway runs the place already - told me that things had been really slow last year and something had to give. I understand - just let me know, eh? But we're good now. I'll always cut them slack since they gave me my first sizable job when I went out on my own over a decade ago.

Hopefully yours get sorted soon.
I was already writing a longer message but felt it had too many personal details, so in a shorter form:

Quite surprisingly I am now apparently in a position that I get to choose from two jobs. It is stressing me out because they are quite different fields (both within ICT) and both have their own perks and advantages, and I feel sad having to say no to either offer (one offer which I have basically accepted already, and liking it so far).

I probably have to make the final decision on Monday or Tuesday... I should be happy, but now I am only stressed.

Truth to be told, the second place is not 100% certain yet, but 90% certain. I am almost hoping it fails so that I don't have to make the decision. Damn!
Pondering over my two-job dilemma, I think what bothers me the most at the moment is that I am lying to other people. When I received the call today that I might be greenlighted to the other job, I acted as if I will certainly accept it if I get selected. Similarly I was "acting" today in my current position that I am fully committed to it, even though now I am being pulled also to another job.

I feel like being a star in the Bachelor TV show, claiming to dozen hot women that they are my true love and I've never felt anything like that with anyone else (except the 11 other women in the show of course).

Naturally it also stresses me out that I choose wrong, six months from now kicking myself in the head that I didn't choose the other job, or another one from the dozen hot ladies. At that point it is too late to call back to the others, isn't it?
Post edited April 06, 2018 by timppu
Trying to export notes to generic formats, from a proprietary sony xperia notes app, induces many fist shaking at many screens.
timppu: (both within ICT)
What does ICT mean?
toxicTom: What does ICT mean?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_and_communications_technology

(I mainly used it as a synonym for IT, maybe incorrectly.)

Oh and now I feel I will turn down the potential job offer from the bank. My brother (who works in the banking sector) said that the said (small) bank is possibly thinking of making certain share arrangements which would make e.g. a fusion with some bigger bank easier. In such cases the IT departments are merged and lots of people are thrown out, usually from the smaller bank... So now I feel it probably wouldn't be that secure working place. (My brother read it a month ago in some financial magazine he subscribes.)

Not sure if I dare to ask their view on this when I meet them on Monday... :) It wouldn't be the first time when a company seems to hire new people JUST before they will have some bigger change where people are thrown out. I don't know what the heck that is about, is it so that different departments want to get some excessive workforce buffer which they can then easily lay off when the need comes, keeping their core people?
Post edited April 08, 2018 by timppu
timppu: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_and_communications_technology

(I mainly used it as a synonym for IT, maybe incorrectly.)
Thanks, I surmised as much but wasn't sure.
AlKim: (snip)
HereForTheBeer: Happy ending: got paid today when I went over there. 450 mile round trip, but hey, had to go down that way for something else anyway. The guy I normally work with - machine operator who is the owner's son and halfway runs the place already - told me that things had been really slow last year and something had to give. I understand - just let me know, eh? But we're good now. I'll always cut them slack since they gave me my first sizable job when I went out on my own over a decade ago.

Hopefully yours get sorted soon.
Good to hear everything's under control there. I got paid within a day, without having to take the issue up with the client, so all is well now. This client is the source of pretty much all of my work at the moment, so I mostly keep my complaints to myself if there's a slight niggle - it's usually inconsequential or handled soon enough on its own anyway. I suspect they may be doing the same with me.
The Blues got eliminated last night.

I had two horses in the race and I still couldn't make the cut. How depressing.

Oh well, when does training camp start?
The crappy thing about living this far out west is that wrestling spoilers hit you like an RKO OUT OF NOWHERE, MAGGLE!!!