It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fran67: So, all this ranting about how white people do this or that. Who is really considered "white" these days? I'm part American Indian {but not much, sadly) so how "white" am I? Yeah, I'm white-skinned, but so MANY of us Americans have some real surprises if we look into our ancestry. Makes me laugh about all these White Supremicists.
I remember many years ago,a workmate of mine said that he was getting his first house.Now this may seem a strange story but just bare with me.In those days a single income it was bloody hard.Any how I said to him ''well done'' how did you rangle that so fast? He asked if I had any Aboriginal back ground? I said no,why? He then told me about a scheme the Government had that IF you had some Aborigine back ground then you got a loan at the lowest possible rates going around 1 or 2%.He said that I only had to prove I had 10% Abbo and all would be sweet.At the time my interest rate was 18%.So my story proves that White Supremicists aren't all that better off:)
Fran67: So, all this ranting about how white people do this or that. Who is really considered "white" these days? I'm part American Indian {but not much, sadly) so how "white" am I? Yeah, I'm white-skinned, but so MANY of us Americans have some real surprises if we look into our ancestry. Makes me laugh about all these White Supremicists.
I agree. There's also the fact that, IMO, the term "white" (or Caucasian) lumps too many different cultures. Someone from England will have a very different culture from someone from Greece or Russia, for example, and lumping them all together seems to be a bit much.

Did you know that there was a time when people of Jewish ancestry weren't considered "white"? (Remember what happened in Germany in the 1930's and 40's?)

Of course, the same could be said of other ethnic groups; for example, I a m pretty sure that different American Indian tribes are different culturally and are really not the same ethnic group. Also, true of Asians; Japan and India are *very* different, for example. It's reasonably safe to assume the same is true of black people; in fact, I hear that the country lines drawn by Europeans in Africa ended up separating parts of tribes and putting some that weren't friendly in the same country.

I note that there are other marginalized groups where this applies; disabilities are quite varied (as are the appropriate accommodations for them; sometimes differently disabled people may have contradicting requirements), and LGBT is an umbrella term that includes many different types of people; did you know that some LGBT people are attracted to people of the opposite gender? (There's also some for which the term "opposite gender" doesn't have a well defined meaning.)

(I assume there is more that can be said about this topic, but there's only so much that can reasonably fit in a single message board post.)
Tauto: I remember many years ago,a workmate of mine said that he was getting his first house.Now this may seem a strange story but just bare with me.In those days a single income it was bloody hard.Any how I said to him ''well done'' how did you rangle that so fast? He asked if I had any Aboriginal back ground? I said no,why? He then told me about a scheme the Government had that IF you had some Aborigine back ground then you got a loan at the lowest possible rates going around 1 or 2%.He said that I only had to prove I had 10% Abbo and all would be sweet.At the time my interest rate was 18%.So my story proves that White Supremicists aren't all that better off:)
No, it's just funny how they'd be shocked to find out how much OTHER stuff they are. And if I were Australian I'd go for that aborigne rule, too!
Tauto: I remember many years ago,a workmate of mine said that he was getting his first house.Now this may seem a strange story but just bare with me.In those days a single income it was bloody hard.Any how I said to him ''well done'' how did you rangle that so fast? He asked if I had any Aboriginal back ground? I said no,why? He then told me about a scheme the Government had that IF you had some Aborigine back ground then you got a loan at the lowest possible rates going around 1 or 2%.He said that I only had to prove I had 10% Abbo and all would be sweet.At the time my interest rate was 18%.So my story proves that White Supremicists aren't all that better off:)
Fran67: No, it's just funny how they'd be shocked to find out how much OTHER stuff they are. And if I were Australian I'd go for that aborigne rule, too!
I have no problem with that,except he is whiter than me.
DubConqueror: I'm tired of life in general.
Seconded.
dtgreene: I agree. There's also the fact that, IMO, the term "white" (or Caucasian) lumps too many different cultures. Someone from England will have a very different culture from someone from Greece or Russia, for example, and lumping them all together seems to be a bit much.
Actually I think the underlying problem is judging people by colour at all. But of course "white" actually is a conglomerate of so many different backgrounds and lifestyles, that it really is a meaningless term, other than describing the skin tone. Thanks for pointing that out.

Same goes for every other skin colour I guess. Or terms like "African". Africa is a whole fucking continent, not some backwater inbred town where everybody looks, thinks, votes the same...
Post edited January 29, 2018 by toxicTom
dtgreene: I agree. There's also the fact that, IMO, the term "white" (or Caucasian) lumps too many different cultures. Someone from England will have a very different culture from someone from Greece or Russia, for example, and lumping them all together seems to be a bit much.
toxicTom: Actually I think the underlying problem is judging people by colour at all. But of course "white" actually is a conglomerate of so many different backgrounds and lifestyles, that it really is a meaningless term, other than describing the skin tone. Thanks for pointing that out.

Same goes for every other skin colour I guess. Or terms like "African". Africa is a whole fucking continent, not some backwater inbred town where everybody looks, thinks, votes the same...
Well said. For example, putting a Russian and a German in the same "race" because of skin color and similar facial features is lunacy. Race is a social construct. There are no fucking races. There is just many diverse groups of people. Therefore, hating someone because of his or her "race" is retarded. If you are going to hate someone, then you should hate someone due to his or her actual background...which actually affects who he or she is in this world.
Post edited January 29, 2018 by De4thstroke
I am NOT fine.
viperfdl: I am NOT fine.
Is it not strange, that getting fined does not make one fine or better.

Hope the day after tomorrow will be a better day.
viperfdl: I am NOT fine.
Themken: Is it not strange, that getting fined does not make one fine or better.

Thanks, although I don't understand why tomorrow already shouldn't be a better day.
Themken: Is it not strange, that getting fined does not make one fine or better.

viperfdl: Thanks, although I don't understand why tomorrow already shouldn't be a better day.
That is the normal thing to say und Warum einfach, wenn es auch kompliziert geht? ;-)
The customer is always right... except for almost all of the time.

Been one of those weeks where customers have needlessly made life difficult for themselves. Instead of a wall of text, I'll shorten it to this:

- When you call your long-time technician for help and he asks for you to get some information, provide that information to the tech. With it, he can often solve your problem remotely or at least lead you in the right direction. Without it, you're all-but-guaranteed to get nowhere. So get him the info. Don't call him back 6 hours later to complain that your machine is still down, when you haven't bothered to send him the stuff he needs in order to help you.

- If you're a manager at a company, A) get yourself a company email address, and B) check it more than once a week. That way, when the tech tries to send you info, he'll C) have an email address to send it to, and D) you'll actually receive it.

- If you still don't want to send photos and such via email, then can we at least send photos via text? I know you might have to pay data overage charges on your phone plan, but I guarantee those are cheaper than your machine being down for most of the day.
Betrayed by my cassette player. BETRAYED.
My music link (special headphone for hearing aid wearers) broke. 50 bucks down the drain again.... :(
Telika: Betrayed by my cassette player. BETRAYED.
I know how you feel. My stone axe recently broke. TREASON!!!