It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
Post edited January 10, 2018 by Fairfox
timppu: I have complained about this before, but what the heck is it with some of these modern new home appliances?
I have an odd problem with appliances though it's really our (my families own fault), one my mother still blames on the companies'.

We use appliances meant for "standard families" but we use them in our B&B which means a washing machine designed for one load a day, or one every few loads, gets about five a day, ditto for a coffee maker not built to make 20 pots a day. As a result, yeah, shit breaks down FAST HERE!!! The problem for us there is no middle ground. You have the coffee maker which makes a pot or two a day and the industrial one that makes 300 pots a day.

They need to meet us halfway! :P
Post edited January 10, 2018 by tinyE
deleted
Post edited January 10, 2018 by Fairfox
This can't be good.
tinyE: We use appliances meant for "standard families" but we use them in our B&B which means a washing machine designed for one load a day, or one every few loads, gets about five a day, ditto for a coffee maker not built to make 20 pots a day.
I would also think they are too slow for you (or maybe not)? I've understood the industrial dishwashers and laundry machines are designed to do the job very quickly, like only half a minute for a load in a dishwasher, and a 60 C laundry program is mere 20 minutes or something like that? I've understood the industrial laundry machines are so damn fast mainly because their water is pre-heated, while with the dishwashers they don't even use any "dish soap" in those machines but just steaming hot water? You probably know all that better?

I was appalled to learn somewhere that in those industrial dishwashers that restaurants use, they might use the same water over and over again for the whole day, even longer sometimes. Yech!

Good news for my dish washing machine though. As I suspected, the full (non-ecological) washing program IS considerably shorter, 2h 15min, compared to that 3½ hours with the eco program. Plus, if you use the "variospeed" option that makes programs quicker (by using more water and electricity, according to the instructions), it goes down to about 1h 30minutes, which already sounds much better.

What the heck is that "eco" program, what the heck is it doing for 3½ hours? And I can't also understand how so long program is supposed to save not only water, but also electricity?!? Or maybe that is referring only to if you use cold water and let the machine heat it up (and it uses less water, hence less electricity for heating it up), but I use pre-heated water anyway.

Overall it is an ok dishwasher, it has both benefits and drawbacks compared to my old dishwasher (rip):

+ The new one is somewhat quieter overall.

+ You can lift or even remove the upper tray, in case you need the extra space. I have some bigger plates which were too big for my old dishwaster, the upper spinner would barely hit them. No such problem here when I lift the upper tray.

- It seems to me I could wash more dishes in the old washer, somehow the trays were more suitable for my dishes or something. I feel in this new one I am wasting more space when I try to put plates and such comfortably that they are not too close but not too far apart from each other.
Post edited January 10, 2018 by timppu
I refuse to be *****ed out by someone 1/3 my age. Respect your elders, boy!
lanipcga: I refuse to be *****ed out by someone 1/3 my age. Respect your elders, boy!
It happens to me every day in here.

can I ask how old you are?
Post edited January 11, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: can I ask how old you are?
31, or as I like to call it, the new 91.
deleted
Fairfox: then again 31 is kinda old.
shut up XD
deleted
Fairfox: then again 31 is kinda old.
It feels old, although my libido remains unchanged from when I was a teenager.
BOTH OF YOU! STOP! XD
Well, at 19 when depression first struck, I felt so tired of the world like I had a soul 300 years old, so yeah, age is relative and you can feel 'old' when 'young'. Nearing 50 now, just 3 more years! Finish line is closer now than back then, I'm happy to say.

*explainer: there's no plan on ending it on 50, I just want to say a natural death gets closer with each passing year. I lack the courage to put up a big middle finger to all people who love me and don't want them to suffer just to relieve myself of the pain. That said, I went to a funeral yesterday of someone I liked a lot who couldn't take living with the blackness caused by her bipolar disorder no more and my feelings are mixed: her family and friends were full of grief, in that regard it was a very sad thing, at the same time I'm glad (and a bit jealous) that her suffering is over. Sorry for the leaden words, it's the bitch thread after all.

The tone of the funeral was a big compliment to her and her family by the way: no regrets, no reproach on her, just empathy with what she had to go through and a feeling of thankfulness for having known such a wonderful person, who besides her bouts of depression, was spirited, involved, warm, caring, creative.
Post edited January 11, 2018 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: Well, at 19 when depression first struck, I felt so tired of the world like I had a soul 300 years old, so yeah, age is relative and you can feel 'old' when 'young'. Nearing 50 now, just 3 more years! Finish line is closer now than back then, I'm happy to say.
It's shaping up to be a similar situation for me, as well. I go through spells of deep misery due to chronic illness and depression, so I'm familiar with the tiredness, being unmotivated, and wishing desperately for the pain to end. Almost nobody in my age range can understand my frame of mind; they're all busy pursuing their life goals and enjoying the good times. It's not really their fault; every person is a product of their uniquely individual life experience.

DubConqueror: I just want to say a natural death gets closer with each passing year. I lack the courage to put up a big middle finger to all people who love me and don't want them to suffer just to relieve myself of the pain.
That's also why I'm still around. My family have invested so much time, money, effort, and love in me that I would hate to throw it all away and hurt them. But all the while, the pain is no small matter. All I can do is try my best to fight and survive as long as possible.

DubConqueror: it was a very sad thing, at the same time I'm glad (and a bit jealous) that her suffering is over.
I would feel the same way. People tend to focus too much on how life ought to be rather than the unpleasant realities. In your late friend's case, her personal sufferings were ultimately of paramount importance. It's a shame that her family must grieve for her now, but that's how it goes.