It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
Post edited October 29, 2017 by Fairfox
dtgreene: I stopped going to airports entirely once the post 9/11 security measures happened.
Have they ever tried to do a cavity search on you, Deatrice?
One other thing that annoys me about the GOG forums:

It seems that too many of the subforums either are:
* Dead (for example, the Dust: An Elysian Tail subforum where I asked a gameplay question some time ago and it hasn't received any replies), or
* Hostile environments, where some posters seem to look down on actual gameplay discussion, and instead want to argue that the topic shouldn't be asked instead of discussing the topic

(Examples: Some nearly dead subforums include Ultima and Wizardry, hostile forums include the infinity engine game forums, while some of the few good forums include Might and Magic and Quest for Glory.)
tinyE: lost power again.
Speaking of which, you got a decent UPS for that new PC?
tinyE: lost power again.
HereForTheBeer: Speaking of which, you got a decent UPS for that new PC?
the new PC is still in the shop
I haven't turned it on yet
HereForTheBeer: Speaking of which, you got a decent UPS for that new PC?
tinyE: the new PC is still in the shop
I meant for these situations in general. You spent a fair amount of coin on the new rig...
tinyE: the new PC is still in the shop
HereForTheBeer: I meant for these situations in general. You spent a fair amount of coin on the new rig...
Yeah I guess. Things get here pretty fast all things considered. Shit, I don't have a lot to compare it to. I never used UPS when I lived in the city; I didn't need it.
HereForTheBeer: I meant for these situations in general. You spent a fair amount of coin on the new rig...
tinyE: Yeah I guess. Things get here pretty fast all things considered. Shit, I don't have a lot to compare it to. I never used UPS when I lived in the city; I didn't need it.
Think of it as a condom for electrons. Prevents you from getting fucked as you're getting laid.

I would get one for your business setup, too. Good insurance.
tinyE: Yeah I guess. Things get here pretty fast all things considered. Shit, I don't have a lot to compare it to. I never used UPS when I lived in the city; I didn't need it.
HereForTheBeer: Think of it as a condom for electrons. Prevents you from getting fucked as you're getting laid.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. :P

UPS?
HereForTheBeer: Think of it as a condom for electrons. Prevents you from getting fucked as you're getting laid.

tinyE: I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. :P

UPS?
Uninterruptible Power Supply. The battery backup thingy
tinyE: I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. :P

UPS?
HereForTheBeer: Uninterruptible Power Supply. The battery backup thingy
oh
I have no clue what that is :P
Really? I'll post or PM some examples later. Like a surge suppressor, but a UPS actually protects your stuff.
HereForTheBeer: Really? I'll post or PM some examples later. Like a surge suppressor, but a UPS actually protects your stuff.
i have a surge protector. where I live you need one of those for your fucking toaster. :P
HereForTheBeer: Really? I'll post or PM some examples later. Like a surge suppressor, but a UPS actually protects your stuff.
tinyE: i have a surge protector. where I live you need one of those for your fucking toaster. :P
Those are all-but-useless for electronics. I highly recommend a UPS for your new PC, and also for whatever system you use for the business stuff.
tinyE: i have a surge protector. where I live you need one of those for your fucking toaster. :P
HereForTheBeer: Those are all-but-useless for electronics. I highly recommend a UPS for your new PC, and also for whatever system you use for the business stuff.
business stuff? :P Just tracking reservations but that's online on our web page. We don't keep anything business on our computers. We do all of our books and everything on paper, the old fashioned way.