It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: I was looking forward to tomorrow, but now an updated forecast says :
LOL@ Stupidforcast.png Well, at least it's not 110/43.3 with 100% humidity+46%pestilence...But yeah, it would suck depending what you have planned for that day.
Edit: Looks like I'm not going to wrap up the job this weekend. Stuck staying here for through Monday at least. Damn retrofit killed a day, and then working my way through some build quality problems. Customer won't work Saturday since they already work tens the rest of the week. Can't say I blame them.

Themken: Rotten luck but it is advised against shipping computers with a big heatsink attached to the processor. In parts is much safer but then we have the problem of you not knowing how to put it together.
tinyE: My brother wants to order a new one and talk me through installing it, but that doesn't look like something I am even remotely capable of.
People keep saying this, and it's pretty much true: if you can work a screwdriver then you can do this repair. Just gotta make sure the people on both ends of the conversation - the fixer and the talker-througher - are patient.

Or make a road trip down to southern WI and I'll do it for you. : )
Post edited October 20, 2017 by HereForTheBeer
tinyE: My brother wants to order a new one and talk me through installing it, but that doesn't look like something I am even remotely capable of.
HereForTheBeer: People keep saying this, and it's pretty much true: if you can work a screwdriver then you can do this repair. Just gotta make sure the people on both ends of the conversation - the fixer and the talker-througher - are patient.

Or make a road trip down to southern WI and I'll do it for you. : )
dropped it off at someone's house today. He's gonna take a look at it and recommend one, which I'll order, and he'll install. HOPEFULLY!

trust me, there is no way you can talk me through installing this part! :P I don't think you truly appreciate how inept I am. :P
Post edited October 20, 2017 by tinyE
Matewis: I was looking forward to tomorrow, but now an updated forecast says :
takezodunmer2005: LOL@ Stupidforcast.png Well, at least it's not 110/43.3 with 100% humidity+46%pestilence...But yeah, it would suck depending what you have planned for that day.
43.3 and high humidity? Ouch I don't think I would be able to function at all :P Worst Pretoria ever does is deep thirties, and humidity is never a problem.
takezodunmer2005: LOL@ Stupidforcast.png Well, at least it's not 110/43.3 with 100% humidity+46%pestilence...But yeah, it would suck depending what you have planned for that day.
Matewis: 43.3 and high humidity? Ouch I don't think I would be able to function at all :P Worst Pretoria ever does is deep thirties, and humidity is never a problem.
Yeah, I moved to the south eastern US where it's 35+80-90% humidity, I'm just glad that summer's over! I wish it was 15-20 year round!
Ran into a mildly transphobic "joke" (which wasn't funny), and after I pointed it out, the person who made the joke did not apologize, but rather posted something a little rude.

("It's just a joke" is *not* an excuse, sorry.)
dtgreene: Ran into a mildly transphobic "joke" (which wasn't funny), and after I pointed it out, the person who made the joke did not apologize, but rather posted something a little rude.

It was transphobic to you. I read the same joke and it appeared only to give some friendly ribbing to one particular person with zero ill intent. It certainly didnt show any phobia of the trans community.
dtgreene: "It's just a joke" is *not* an excuse, sorry.
Triggered.
dtgreene: Ran into a mildly transphobic "joke" (which wasn't funny), and after I pointed it out, the person who made the joke did not apologize, but rather posted something a little rude.

HereForTheBeer: It was transphobic to you. I read the same joke and it appeared only to give some friendly ribbing to one particular person with zero ill intent. It certainly didnt show any phobia of the trans community.
that's the problem with todays society, we're either overly aware of or calous to an issue to the point we don't realize we have insulted someone other then ourselves. I'm a retired military Veteran so I had my politaly correctness beaten out of me LONG ago. I say some things that have offened people only to be told later afterwards that they were offended... it's to late to put the toothpaste back into the tube, if I offend you and you don't tell me RIGHT NOW, how am I going to adjust my thinking to accomidate for you? Next time your going to go into a conversation with me your going to expect to be offended no matter what i say, because of what happened last time, so speaking up RIGHT NOW is in my opinion better then letting something fester, all it takes is an "oh, sorry...." from me and your not dwelling on the fact I just insulted you.
Game discount -85% yay.

DLC 1 discount -15%
DLC 2 discount -15%
DLC 3 discount -15%
DLC 4 discount -15%
DLC 5 discount -15%
DLC 6 discount -15%...
here's a bitch...
Why is it people think they can go into any retail store and be total pigs? throw stuff on the ground let their kids run wild, eat part of an item then just toss the rest on a shelf...
When did the USA become so disrespectful I wouldn't walk into someones house and do this crap why do they think it's ok to do it in public?

Sorry...Had to clean up a soiled diaper tossed on the floor in the center of an isle dirty side down, bout made me projectile vomit, so rank the smell.
Dejavous: here's a bitch...
Why is it people think they can go into any retail store and be total pigs? throw stuff on the ground let their kids run wild, eat part of an item then just toss the rest on a shelf...
When did the USA become so disrespectful I wouldn't walk into someones house and do this crap why do they think it's ok to do it in public?

Sorry...Had to clean up a soiled diaper tossed on the floor in the center of an isle dirty side down, bout made me projectile vomit, so rank the smell.
i worked in a mall for ten years.
And people wonder why I'm on antidepressants. :P
While I was driving, I almost ran over a pedestrian because they were not looking when crossing the street, and I did not know if I could stop in time; the pedestrian made no attempt to avoid me. Please, if you are going to cross the road, be alert, and if there's a car coming, wait for it to go by or stop! (In this case, there was a crosswalk, and there was a "yield to pedestrians" sign, but the pedestrian still needs to be alert and notice the car coming.)

tinyE: i worked in a mall for ten years.
And people wonder why I'm on antidepressants. :P
Doing what?

Isn't that the norm for U.S..