It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today when returning home from shopping with three full bags I found the inside of my fridge at an alarming +20ºC.... I panicked and called my friend and when they came over and had a look at the thermostat regulator (correct term?) it was in the off position... Bitching time: Stupid me, but even more stupid fridge manufacturers that make them so easy to turn that even touching the regulator with a leaf of lettuce will change it at least 5ºC GRRR!

Good thing it is cooling down again now. I thought I would have to take from the money I have been slowly saving to buy me a new computer to buy a new fridge instead :-S

I forgot this one: All my few add-ons in Firefox broke the other day :-(
Post edited September 01, 2017 by Themken
Themken: fridge
I'm surprised you have fridges in Finland.
Ever wondered what happens when you use the wrong drill bit on a hard brick? Wonder no more:
Attachments:
ripdrill.jpg (219 Kb)
Matewis: Ever wondered what happens when you use the wrong drill bit on a hard brick? Wonder no more:
you get a bear holding up a globe?

WAIT there it is XD

NVM
Post edited September 01, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: you get a bear holding up a globe?

WAIT there it is XD

NVM
lol wut? XD
low rated
tinyE: you get a bear holding up a globe?

WAIT there it is XD

NVM
Matewis: lol wut? XD
For a minute after you posted that the link gave us the GOG bear. It quickly fixed itself however, thus my edit.
Matewis: lol wut? XD
tinyE: For a minute after you posted that the link gave us the GOG bear. It quickly fixed itself however, thus my edit.
Oh right ok. Not sure how I missed that - I've seen that Atlas bear a few times myself
I am afraid that bit is destroyed. If the tip goes dull, one can sharpen it but not when it is like that.

Attached picture of what the tip of the correct type of drill bit should look like for bricks and concrete.
Attachments:
drillbit.jpg (26 Kb)
Nice weekend so we decided to finish up a couple of the flower beds and do some weeding and such. Got about 15 minutes into digging a trench for some edging and my back went ~KER-ZAP!~ Stood in place for almost five minutes, hanging on to the shovel for support until I could baby step over to the tractor and try to stretch a little.

Pretty sure the weekend is shot now. Just hoping it's a muscle and not a disk. Feels like a muscle pull.

Themken: I am afraid that bit is destroyed. If the tip goes dull, one can sharpen it but not when it is like that.

Attached picture of what the tip of the correct type of drill bit should look like for bricks and concrete.
Yup, and with the right driver the bit will go through the concrete nearly as easily as a regular bit through wood.
HereForTheBeer: Nice weekend so we decided to finish up a couple of the flower beds and do some weeding and such. Got about 15 minutes into digging a trench for some edging and my back went ~KER-ZAP!~ Stood in place for almost five minutes, hanging on to the shovel for support until I could baby step over to the tractor and try to stretch a little.

Pretty sure the weekend is shot now. Just hoping it's a muscle and not a disk. Feels like a muscle pull.

Themken: I am afraid that bit is destroyed. If the tip goes dull, one can sharpen it but not when it is like that.

HereForTheBeer: Yup, and with the right driver the bit will go through the concrete nearly as easily as a regular bit through wood.
Did you feel a little pop, like if you put your thimb into your other hands almost closed fist, and 'pop' your thumb into your palm? And then, you couldnt move, and can barely move now, let alone twist?
If so, I am sorry, that is your disk bulging.
:(

At least, thats what mine felt like when my 1st disk went out (it was a bulging disk, and the 'pop' type feeling inside my spine area was what gave it away that it was a disk).
Post edited September 05, 2017 by Dave3d
HereForTheBeer: Nice weekend so we decided to finish up a couple of the flower beds and do some weeding and such. Got about 15 minutes into digging a trench for some edging and my back went ~KER-ZAP!~ Stood in place for almost five minutes, hanging on to the shovel for support until I could baby step over to the tractor and try to stretch a little.

Yup, and with the right driver the bit will go through the concrete nearly as easily as a regular bit through wood.
Dave3d: Did you feel a little pop, like if you put your thimb into your other hands almost closed fist, and 'pop' your thumb into your palm? And then, you couldnt move, and can barely move now, let alone twist?

At least, thats what mine felt like when my 1st disk went out (it was a bulging disk, and the 'pop' type feeling inside my spine area was what gave it away that it was a disk).
Not this time, fortunately. Just muscle for now; I could feel the individual spasms Saturday night and Sunday morning. Getting better a little bit at a time - at least I can get out of bed in under a minute, and am pretty mobile once things settle down a bit. Standing and walking are giving me less of a problem than laying and sitting. Go figure.

I've had a herniated disk before. Man, that sucks soooooo bad. Was about a 4-5 month ordeal until it shrunk back into place.
Use plenty of warm compresses or heating pads. Hope you recover soon
Dave3d: Did you feel a little pop, like if you put your thimb into your other hands almost closed fist, and 'pop' your thumb into your palm? And then, you couldnt move, and can barely move now, let alone twist?

HereForTheBeer: Not this time, fortunately. Just muscle for now; I could feel the individual spasms Saturday night and Sunday morning. Getting better a little bit at a time - at least I can get out of bed in under a minute, and am pretty mobile once things settle down a bit. Standing and walking are giving me less of a problem than laying and sitting. Go figure.

I've had a herniated disk before. Man, that sucks soooooo bad. Was about a 4-5 month ordeal until it shrunk back into place.
Have you tried acupuncture.
Post edited September 05, 2017 by tinyE
Had my Arificial disc replacement surgery postpned because of low bone density. They do have medicine for getting your bone density back up but it takes about a year to work. Cant work and in bed all day, Just getting through the current day is long and painful so I imgaine this is going to be a long year.
SirHandsome: Had my Arificial disc replacement surgery postpned because of low bone density. They do have medicine for getting your bone density back up but it takes about a year to work. Cant work and in bed all day, Just getting through the current day is long and painful so I imgaine this is going to be a long year.
But isn't being in bed all day, bad for your back?