It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now where the fuck is that cable?
A friend called me 30 minutes ago, asking if I had a dual-link DVI cable, and if he could borrow it. Knowing that I purchased one a few months ago, and that I don't currently need it, I quickly agreed to lend it to him. Thanking me, he hangs up the phone and starts getting here, and I start looking around for said cable. He gets to my place in about 15 minutes and, with me already having searched through my (fairly small) flat and he helping me for a few minutes, we look through my small space in the attic. No cable found. Where the fuck is it? I know I have one!
I just wanna go home...

Been out all week, stopping by customers in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. Crap-ton of driving, at least 28 hours by the time the week is done. Plus 32 hours of work at the customers. Long week. Have just a short meeting tomorrow morning to tell them that their machine needs a bunch of work, and then 7+ hour drive home.

Except. Except. Except another customer called around 6pm. Machine is down. Up in Michigan, not 3 miles from where I was working just yesterday, before I drove down to Indiana that evening. Was hoping to simply help them over the phone, and then he asked if I was home or on the road. Yeah, I'm on the road. "Anywhere close by?" <Fuck> Yeah, couple hours.

Unless a miracle happens and they figure it out themselves, looks like tomorrow night really late might be the earliest I get home, when instead I was hoping to be back late afternoon.

Hate to say it but I'm getting tired of the travel bit. And there's at least another 3 weeks' worth of people asking for visits. Need a break for a while, maybe pretend to take vacation just so I can catch up on stuff back home
low rated
HereForTheBeer: Michigan
Would it have killed you to stop in and say hello? :P
I've watched Ivan Reitman's "Evolution" thinking it would be a better spiritual sequel to Ivan Reitman's Ghostbusters than Paul Feig's Ghostbusters.

There is no hope anywhere on Earth.
tinyE: Would it have killed you to stop in and say hello? :P
I thought you're in [url=https://www.naturalworldsafaris.com/~/media/images/destinations/madagascar/shannon-wild-africa-madagascar-dancing-verreauxs-sifaka-2.ashx]Madagascar[/url].
It seems my whole holiday will be spent at home with a bad cold, hooray.
tinyE: Would it have killed you to stop in and say hello? :P
Haha. LP, not UP. Think my closest customer to you is Duluth or Shawano.

Would be interesting to see your little slice of paradise up there
HereForTheBeer: Except another customer called around 6pm. Machine is down.
You're a fixer upperer.
deleted
Fairfox: So, KKz. I pulled my back in the UK and my goodness it was unpleasant. Got back home aaand re-pulled it darn-near Instant Lee, so now I resemble a 90 year old laundress as I flail about making everybody else do all the things for me.
Pull back? Unheard of term for me. Does it mean lumbago? That is an old aqaintance of mine. My sympathies. Need advice?
Fairfox: So, KKz. I pulled my back in the UK and my goodness it was unpleasant. Got back home aaand re-pulled it darn-near Instant Lee, so now I resemble a 90 year old laundress as I flail about making everybody else do all the things for me.
Been there. You have my sympathies. Hopefully it's just muscle and not a disk or worse.
Since we are on the physical, anyone here ever totally thrown their back out?

I haven't but I saw it happen once. Scared the shit out of me.

Every time I pull, sprain, twist, or break something I thank god it was only one thing and not my entire body. :P
deleted
tinyE: Since we are on the physical, anyone here ever totally thrown their back out?

I haven't but I saw it happen once. Scared the shit out of me.
Mine has been screwed up several times. Don't remember any of them being instantly out, like one second you're good and the next you're on the floor. More like "Uh-oh, I'm really screwed in the morning." Worst lasted about 5-6 months, herniated disk. Once it's screwed up, tho, there have been moments of ending up on the floor. Once got stuck hanging on the side of the tub, after a shower. Haha - that suuuuucked. Wife asking what she can do to help, and there is nothing.

Fairfox: Advice would be swell!
Rest, for sure, and NSAIDs. I think ice at first, and then switch to heat after a couple days. But rest it as much as possible for at least a couple days. I think once you start heat then you also start stretching exercises - and still take it easy as far as lifting and such. Assuming muscle problem for all of that.

Best to check with an expert, tho.
ICE asap, Ibuprophene, muscle relaxants, rest 1-2 days (3 if absolutely needed) then soft stretching EVERY HOUR you are awake. After a couple of days you should start spinal bending programme BUT better look up a list what you can do and what not to do as some things are a no no with lumbago. If you have a slipped disc (disk?) pro help will help a lot. NO heat before the swelling is gone! Lumbago usually does not get well with rest only unless you are very young.

http://www.exrx.net/index.html
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Themken