It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jacob_1994: or just buy some damn earplugs
Good suggestion, I'm surprised how often people I know don't realize that option.

I quite often use them if I fear some noise might interrupt my sleep. The only issue is whether I will hear an alarm clock, but either you just have to have a noisy alarm clock near you, or use some vibrating alarm clock.

Sure you can set your phone alarm to vibration and put it under your pillow (so you'd definitely wake up for the vibration, if not the noise), but I'd feel uncomfortable trying to sleep with a mobile phone next to my head. I keep hearing these rumors that the radiation etc. does affect sleep, ie. you shouldn't keep a mobile phone very close to you while you sleep...

There are also generic alarm clocks with separate vibrating units to put under pillow (meant mainly for deaf people), but i guess nowadays most use their mobile phones as alarm clocks.
Jacob_1994: or just buy some damn earplugs
timppu: Good suggestion, I'm surprised how often people I know don't realize that option.

I quite often use them if I fear some noise might interrupt my sleep. The only issue is whether I will hear an alarm clock, but either you just have to have a noisy alarm clock near you, or use some vibrating alarm clock.

Sure you can set your phone alarm to vibration and put it under your pillow (so you'd definitely wake up for the vibration, if not the noise), but I'd feel uncomfortable trying to sleep with a mobile phone next to my head. I keep hearing these rumors that the radiation etc. does affect sleep, ie. you shouldn't keep a mobile phone very close to you while you sleep...

There are also generic alarm clocks with separate vibrating units to put under pillow (meant mainly for deaf people), but i guess nowadays most use their mobile phones as alarm clocks.
I'm hard of hearing and I have an alarm clock like that.
Jacob_1994: I'm hard of hearing and I have an alarm clock like that.
So was my mother and yeah she had a similar as well.
timppu: There are also generic alarm clocks with separate vibrating units to put under pillow (meant mainly for deaf people), but i guess nowadays most use their mobile phones as alarm clocks.
Dang, never heard of that, this might actually be interesting to me (well, it REALLY could have been helpful when I was suffering from insomnia). My hearing is okay but I have developed the uncanny ability to sleep through every alarm imaginable if I've slept less than approximately seven hours, no matter how loud or what sound (changing the sound to a new one sometimes helps but I get used to it in a matter of days). Will have to see if vibrations could have a better effect on me.
Someone must put an end to those Antifa cretins.

My country, barely survives economically, because of tourism, mostly. And those animals, went and beat up, a peaceful, harmless, Australian tourist! Just because he entered a shop during Sunday, to shop! Before his wife and child daughter, who started crying, yelling and ultimately, fell unconscious!

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2017/07/17/athens-greek-australian-attacked-by-hooded-men-for-shopping-on-a-sunday/

First, they went and littered the entire city with their disgusting posters "Against shops operating during Sundays", signed by "Antifa", then they started attacking foreigners indiscriminately, while rioting and protesting! Are those the self-proclaimed "heroes" who fight "nazis"? Or rather, the street-bum, lazy-thug, drug-pumped, ganging-up on unsuspecting people and bruising them before family & kids, grade fascists? Look where delusions lead someone to; they become exactly that which they were supposed to be fighting against!

Here be the truly Lazy ones, everyone! Anarchists, leftists and the "Antifas"! Next time you call someone lazy, EUSSR citizens, just remember to do that not to poor folk who work their ash out day and night, even during weekends; but instead, to those deluded, generic, penal scum, who suddenly decided to close down other people's shops during Sundays and beat up anyone who enters them for business, on that day!
Post edited July 24, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Jake just pissed on me, I was doing something in the backyard and felt this liquid on my thigh.

He had snuck up behind me and cocked his leg and pissed on me, my pants were soaked.

My li'l baby loves me.
Have to wait another whole month for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on DVD.

MOTHERF***ER!!!
Telika: Speaking of necromancy, they are showing a Columbo with both Falk and McGoohan, on tv. And that depresses me.
same!
-----------------------Appnaz--------------------------
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post10352

I guess I stay with my current mobile operator after all (I decided to leave them as the phone I bought from them didn't get fixed even though it is under warranty, and I had to even pay 35€ for the mere info that it doesn't make sense to fix it (172€ to fix it, the same phone new costs 129€)).

I had already an contract with the new operator and my number was supposed to move to their SIM last day of this month, but now the old operator called me on order to learn why I am changing operator. I explained the hassle with the phone, he said they would compensate it by offering the 4G mobile contract for a lowered price of 17.90€ (the offer from their competitor was 22.50€/months or so), so yeah, I guess I decided to stay.

I guess the lowered charges will compensate somewhat the phone episode. Nice how well the competition works between mobile operators here. I don't know how it is in other countries, but here your phone number will not change even if you change operator, so swapping to a competing operator (due to cheaper prices or whatever) is quite easy and smooth.

Oh and another thing: as I was trying to rip my Robocop DVD to a nice MKV video file, I learned that hey, my laptop's internal DVD-RW drive is apparently broken. It couldn't read any disc I put in there.

Oh well, I did what I've been meaning to do for a long time anywway, I went to buy an external USB DVD-RW drive (the cheapest I could find, Fujtech 19.90€). I use optical drives so rarely anyway so that it is ok it is an external one that I only occasionally connect to the PC.

The external DVD-writer seems to work fine, I was able to easily rip the DVD with MakeDVD, even including the extras. The only thing I don't understand is that there was also some big over 4GB "title04.mkv" file created which seemed to be the extended version of Robocop... but all the chapters were out of whack, like that it started from the ED-206 presentation at OCP, then continued with the start of the movie, and other chapters seemed also in wrong order.

I have no idea why that video file was produced because as far as I can tell "title05.mkv" is the original version of Robocop, while "title06.mkv" is the extended edition with the extra scenes. Both of those are almost 1GB smaller than that title04.mkv. Then there were a number of other mkv files produced too, the extras like making-of video and such.

I didn't see the point of keeping that odd "title04.mkv" file, so I deleted it. Any idea what that is all about?
Post edited July 27, 2017 by timppu
I broke my foot a few days ago. Gonna spend most of the summer with a cast. :(
Aw hell. I somehow wiped my whole memory stick---128GB of important files! DAMN! When will I ever learn to keep other backups?
Kleetus: Jake just pissed on me, I was doing something in the backyard and felt this liquid on my thigh.

He had snuck up behind me and cocked his leg and pissed on me, my pants were soaked.

My li'l baby loves me.
Yep, he just marked you as his territory! You are his---at least until you wash,lol.
Post edited August 08, 2017 by Fran67
I stayed up too late watching Batman. -.-

Batman needs coffee.
low rated
bad_fur_day1: I stayed up too late watching Batman. -.-

Batman needs coffee.
Your Marvel avatar no doubt feels betrayed.
tinyE: Your Marvel avatar no doubt feels betrayed.
I was wondering what Marvel movie Batman would be like.

Like, The Avengers but with more Batman, that would be kewl.
Fran67: Yep, he just marked you as his territory! You are his---at least until you wash
Jake wants to mark you too.