It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: ...
plagren: Pan's Labyrinth should be on Yle Areena for the next 30 days, so that's an option.
Argh, why didn't I remember that? So I watched "White House Down" (cliched but ok done action flick I guess, reminded me of the original Die Hard in a way), and now watching the last part of Pan's Labyrinth. I guess I will watch if completely later on from Yle Areena (the web service of our national TV).

Thanks for reminding me of that.
Post edited March 05, 2017 by timppu
low rated
Tauto: Not this little duck.
Kleetus: They'd love you dressed up as a duck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXU291OmYY
That's me.
tinyE: one of the all time greatest movies ever
Yup, it's pretty great...

But now all I can think about is how there will never be a Hellboy 3. Which fucking sucks.
And that shall be my (first) bitching of the day.
When will these justice warriors and feminists crawl back under a rock where they belong?

Freaking unbelievable, they're installing female traffic lights because "having only green or red silhouettes of men discriminated against women". These dickheads (sorry if that's not gender neutral) obviously have nothing better to do than to see outrage and discrimination everywhere.

Not long ago some clown said we shouldn't use the generic term "guys" because it excluded women.

These do-gooders should all be interned on an island somewhere, Tasmania will do, put them all there.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by Kleetus
i really dont know...
Didn't women once fought for the right to wear trousers too, long time ago ?* then why the need to tie women with skirt depiction ?

* oddly enough, in my country, there is still a currently still active, unrepealed law from a couple of centuries ago that states women are not allowed to wear trousers within the capital city (which is rather puzzling and also conflictual with other currently active laws anyway... go figure)
Brief but potent thunderstorm rolled through last night starting about 945p. Couple power flickers, and then it went out for good about 1010p. Still no juice this morning, 645a. Not a huge deal since it's fairly warm out so the house didn't get overly cold, but it did knock out the well pump. No water this morning. Sent the wife over to Moms place to shower for work. I work at home so only the dogs will smell my stink.

Strengthens my resolve to get wind and solar generation going in the next 2-3 years. For the cost of a big backup generator we can buy one or two wind turbines for a couple kW of power generation year-round. These storms come with winds so that'd cover us at night.
Djaron: i really dont know...
Didn't women once fought for the right to wear trousers too, long time ago ?* then why the need to tie women with skirt depiction ?

* oddly enough, in my country, there is still a currently still active, unrepealed law from a couple of centuries ago that states women are not allowed to wear trousers within the capital city (which is rather puzzling and also conflictual with other currently active laws anyway... go figure)
Of course, don't forget about men wearing skirts. It's legal in most places (though some schools/companies have gendered dress codes that forbid it), but you don't often see that. I remember one place where, in protest of a school dress code that allowed skirts but not shorts (at a place where it would get really hot in part of the year, making long pants uncomfortable), boys wore skirts (which was not technically against the dress code) in protest.

Then again, some women are fighting for the right to go topless in places where men can, and it actually *is* permitted in some parts of the US. (The campaign is called "Free The Nipple", if you're curious.)

HereForTheBeer: Couple power flickers, and then it went out for good about 1010p. Still no juice this morning, 645a.
How were you able to make this post, seeing as you were without power?
Post edited March 07, 2017 by dtgreene
dtgreene: Of course, don't forget about men wearing skirts.
Then again, some women are fighting for the right to go topless in places where men can, and it actually *is* permitted in some parts of the US. (The campaign is called "Free The Nipple", if you're curious.)
for the 1st bold-highlighted statement, i admit my only experience on this regard are about scottish bagpipers wearing kilts, and maybe some animecon in my country with a maid/gothic lolita cosplay contest with people from any gender participating all the same

on 2nd statement, well if i rely on pure logic it makes sense to me... Now i also suppose there may be some valid point to back up the opposite, i dont know... that and sometimes nipple flash being publicly more despised than display of gore and violence.

i mean some strange things always puzzled my logic such as people getting embarassed if spotted in undies/lingeries by significant other but not when wearing swimsuit on beach with also strangers around (while afaic, in each situation, we have same skin-coverage ratio, hence me being puzzled)

now back on the bitching about life, this stupid dentist today went overzeal and performed more work on my poor mouth than what was initially scheduled, without asking me, without my consent, resulting in "healthy injury" that will grant me the following three weeks filled up with pain and insomnia... so, yeah, indeed, pretty damn happy about it :(
low rated
I used to wear a skirt when I went moshing but that was always a big industrial music crowd , (lots of NIN, Ministry) so I actually blended in.
tinyE: I used to wear a skirt when I went moshing but that was always a big industrial music crowd , (lots of NIN, Ministry) so I actually blended in.
damn it, now i have disturbing vision of you in chloe price's cosplay saying "no mosh pit for you, shakabra" ...
i should go get some sleep i guess.... oh WAIT, no i can't thanks to my dentist :(
dtgreene: some women are fighting for the right to go topless in places where men can, and it actually *is* permitted in some parts of the US. (The campaign is called "Free The Nipple", if you're curious.)
That's not what "Free The Nipple" is about.

dtgreene: How were you able to make this post, seeing as you were without power?
Smartphone or tablet or laptop.
HereForTheBeer: Couple power flickers, and then it went out for good about 1010p. Still no juice this morning, 645a.
dtgreene: How were you able to make this post, seeing as you were without power?
Cell tower had power so the phone worked.

Got power back not long after, right around 730. Those crews were - and still are - dealing with some really high winds.

Speaking of which, wife told me one of her office mates lost her roof last night in the storm. Found it about 1/4 mile away in a neighboring corn field. Big mess. Went over to help clean up a bit for a few hours. As expected, they were pretty shook up, but there were a bunch of folks helping, the insurance people were already out there, and they have family nearby to stay with in the meantime. Coulda been worse, that's for certain. Not sure if it was a tiny tornado or just a burst of straight-line wind. If it was just wind, it had to have spiked at over 100mph - one clothes line pole was bent up like crazy, knocked down the power pole on their property line, and blew the top half of a large tree and good 40 yards.

Did see a whole mess of trees knocked down - none of ours - and some barns took big hits. Their house was the worst I saw, though.
low rated
Everyone must be getting their asses kicked by wind today.

I've already lost power a few times.

A small town around where I grew up was almost totally wiped off the map last night.
HereForTheBeer: wife told me one of her office mates
You allow your wife to work?

Last time I lost power was about 2 months ago, it was on a stinking hot day and I had my aircon on.

The flap on the head unit of the aircon now doesn't close properly because the power cut out while it was running.
tinyE: A small town around where I grew up was almost totally wiped off the map last night.
Ouch. That ain't good. Do they build them with basements down there? All that slab-on-grade stuff down south, nowhere to go when the bad stuff comes.
HereForTheBeer: wife told me one of her office mates
Kleetus: You allow your wife to work?
LOL - gotta, to keep my sanity.

Just kidding.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by HereForTheBeer