It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

le_chevalier: I'm too trusting, right?
Sachys: just a giant numpty shape covered in poo. ;D
That community ban could be the result of someone on my friendlist reported me for trying the scam on them.
Sachys: just a giant numpty shape covered in poo. ;D
le_chevalier: That community ban could be the result of someone on my friendlist reported me for trying the scam on them.
from everything ive seen so far, its the person that said they "accidentally" reported you - and any other account they mentioned no doubt.
I fell for this. What an idiot.
While the SOB nearly reached his individual target.
Attachments:
unknown.png (86 Kb)
le_chevalier: I fell for this. What an idiot.
Don't be hard on yourself. Like others said above, it is a lesson learned. ;)
I'm just hoping that the scammer fails to steal your funds. Is that what the screencap means? They tried but failed?
damn!
matterbandit: Don't be hard on yourself. Like others said above, it is a lesson learned. ;)
I'm just hoping that the scammer fails to steal your funds. Is that what the screencap means? They tried but failed?
Whatever that picture is, it's fake. Only the number is real. I just wish that Steam would revoke the funds generated from my Wallet codes.
Sachys: damn!
Thanks for posting those Steam links earlier, by the way. The more people know about this, the better!
matterbandit: Don't be hard on yourself. Like others said above, it is a lesson learned. ;)
le_chevalier: Whatever that picture is, it's fake. Only the number is real. I just wish that Steam would revoke the funds generated from my Wallet codes.
wait, so you gave them the codes or not?

pretty sure in most regions a gift certificate is refundable.
matterbandit: The more people know about this, the better!
my thinking also - though it should be fairly obvious with it being so weird.

Edit: and all i had to search was "scam" in the steam discussions, and set it to most recent results.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by Sachys
le_chevalier: Whatever that picture is, it's fake. Only the number is real. I just wish that Steam would revoke the funds generated from my Wallet codes.
Sachys: wait, so you gave them the codes or not?

pretty sure in most regions a gift certificate is refundable.
matterbandit: The more people know about this, the better!
Sachys: my thinking also - though it should be fairly obvious with it being so weird.

Edit: and all i had to search was "scam" in the steam discussions, and set it to most recent results.
Of course I gave them. I'll be saying different things if I didn't.

I think that's one way a scam works. The target gets surprised when they hear they'll get banned. It's a psychology trick I guess.

I had doubts that it was legit. But it was too late anyway, the scammer already got access to my inventory. I didn't sell my foil cards. The value of cards and Armello dices alone are a lot.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by le_chevalier
le_chevalier: Of course I gave them. I'll be saying different things if I didn't.
shit mate... that wasnt clear.

you should prob try redeeming them yourself at least (they may have just listed them on a grey market site and not actually redeemed them yet)
le_chevalier: Of course I gave them. I'll be saying different things if I didn't.
Sachys: shit mate... that wasnt clear.

you should prob try redeeming them yourself at least (they may have just listed them on a grey market site and not actually redeemed them yet)
I'm not gonna spend anymore money.

The wallet codes? I should create a Steam account to try to redeem them?
le_chevalier: it was too late anyway, the scammer already got access to my inventory
fuck me they really cleaned you out eh?

thats fubar!
Sachys: shit mate... that wasnt clear.

le_chevalier: I'm not gonna spend anymore money.

you could do that or just login your own. as stated - you only have a community ban according to steamrep so go through account recovery.
le_chevalier: it was too late anyway, the scammer already got access to my inventory
Sachys: fuck me they really cleaned you out eh?

thats fubar!

Sachys: you could do that or just login your own. as stated - you only have a community ban according to steamrep so go through account recovery.
I don't know that for certain. But the moment they gain access to my account, it's to be expected.
le_chevalier: I think that's one way a scam works. The target gets surprised when they hear they'll get banned. It's a psychology trick I guess.

I had doubts that it was legit. But it was too late anyway, the scammer already got access to my inventory. I didn't sell my foil cards. The value of cards and Armello dices alone are a lot.
You're right: it is a "shock and awe" approach. Sorry this has happened to you, buddy. All you can do now really is block everything and report spammer. Since you were not the only one spammed recently, maybe Steam can give you back what was taken from you? Fingers crossed. Hope it works out for you.
Sachys: fuck me they really cleaned you out eh?

thats fubar!

Sachys: you could do that or just login your own. as stated - you only have a community ban according to steamrep so go through account recovery.
I couldn't login. I knew this very early. I even noticed that I got notification email that my password has been changed. The IP from Canada...that didn't ring my bell. Christen is from the US.
I've self-locked my account.
I can't do anything else until Steam Support takes over.

le_chevalier: I think that's one way a scam works. The target gets surprised when they hear they'll get banned. It's a psychology trick I guess.

matterbandit: You're right: it is a "shock and awe" approach. Sorry this has happened to you, buddy. All you can do now really is block everything and report spammer. Since you were not the only one spammed recently, maybe Steam can give you back what was taken from you? Fingers crossed. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks.