It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: The fact that we need terms like "anti-masker" and "covidiot" is just sad.
We don't need them. There as stupid as the anti vax term.

Tauto: Well, it got a vote or two and that's the end of that.
It's still there for anyone to vote on the wishlist..
low rated
Matewis: You certainly shouldn't have corner boxes in your browser, unless it's only on specific dodgy websites.
Some legit sites like yahoo(news) sometime use them as well, to be fair, as well as some sites with lewd content(although that latter one might fall under your definition of dodgy maybe?).

=============================

§pectre: It's still there for anyone to vote on the wishlist.
Did you ask FInkleroy? I'm guessing he at least might toss in a vote. Same with quite a few others, i'd expect.
Post edited July 28, 2020 by GameRacer
Feels mentally drained. I guess sustained state of happiness is too much for me to ask for.
So that's why my corn bread didn't taste right. I forgot to add the blasted can of corn! What the hell did I just bake?
I just got an online game so I can play with my friend, and of course Steam starts disconnecting!
It never did this before, but just as I decide to play an online game it starts bugging out. And it happened to my friend as well.
Post edited August 06, 2020 by ColaPoweredGamer
Matewis: So that's why my corn bread didn't taste right. I forgot to add the blasted can of corn! What the hell did I just bake?
Bread.

or...

Raw toast?
ColaPoweredGamer: I just got an online game so I can play with my friend, and of course Steam starts disconnecting!
It never did this before, but just as I decide to play an online game it starts bugging out. And it happened to my friend as well.
Steam appeared to have a full server outage due to some connection glitch.
Post edited August 06, 2020 by Sachys
low rated
DadJoke007: Good excuse if any to produce homebrew/moonshine.
*Hic*

(Aside: I cannot PM you atm)
Post edited August 12, 2020 by GameRacer
Somehow gave myself a tennis elbow ]:-/
I learned of the existence of a table top RPG that is worse than FATAL. Oh dear!
Essential OS or program options that are hidden away in the registry or some other vague location.
low rated
I was reading a thread on GOG recently and it seemed to bring to light 2 problems I feel the GOG userbase(as a whole, on average) suffers from:

1. GOG user vs dev/publisher bias - Some users seemingly too readily accept what they're told about devs/publishers(even if rumors) & tend to side a bit more with gog users over devs/publishers.

2. A sense of "out-of-touch" entitlement - Posts like "How much could x feature cost to implement?" or "How hard would it be to bring y game to GOG and galaxy?" or "This thing probably isn't too expensive[time and money wise] to implement and they should do it for the customers" make me want to ask such people: "If you were a game publisher or dev, would you give everyone everything they wanted or asked for and be as generous as you expect other companies to be?"

-------------

I mean, STEAM has a "iffy" userbase(on average), but some here act just as "iffy" sometimes...yet don't seem to see it.

I need a drink. o.0
§pectre: Essential OS or program options that are hidden away in the registry or some other vague location.
I'd argue that the registry is one of the worst design mistakes of Windows, and it's definitely even more way up there if you look at the design decisions that have survived in modern Windows.

Fortunately, Linux doesn't do that, instead using text configuration files that are stored in /etc or ~/.config . Of course, there's still syntax differences between them, but at least you don't need a special program, and one file's configuration only affects the program that uses it (unless something like the password file gets corrupted).
low rated
To the troll(s) wasting their time hitting my posts in the 1 thread with low ratings:

Don't y'all get that low rating me only makes me want to post more and that your silly changing of numbers won't be making me leave the forums any time soon?

(At this rate you'd be better off doing near anything else with your lives...but if you want to waste your time then go right ahead, I guess)
Post edited August 21, 2020 by GameRacer
Just saw a post of someone reaching the final boss of a game on single digit levels, on a casual playthrough, and having trouble with the final boss.

(I'm not going to name games here, but I'll mention that reaching the end of that game at single digit levels is normal, which really feels silly to me.)
Someone on my Steam friendlist reported me to Steam that I've made some illegal purchases or something like that., which of course I didn't do. He's someone I met on an online game and has never had long conversation or been gaming together again since then. He told me that reporting me was a mistake and tried to cancel that but Steam decided to investigate my account anyway. He didn't explain to me why...or said sorry. He only gave me Steam employee contact on Discord.

I talked to the employee and now my account is in his hand. To prove I'm legit owner of my account I have to add funds corresponds to the value of games I own. For some reasons I don't use credit card nor own Paypal account. I use wallet codes. I haven't met 100% of the amount they demanded. I keep going back to ATM because the employee isn't even sure how much exactly I have to send. He said the funds will be refunded. It's hundreds of dollars. That's a lot and I'll have to pay that on a single day. The fees alone are not small.

What a genius system/procedure there, Steam! It's like I've been accused of committing a crime and I'm the one who have to prove my innocence. Why's the burden of proof is on me? I did things just like usual. I can't believe this happened. I thought this was a scam. The employee said those who file false reports will be banned. I don't want revenge but this is not fair to legit users. Someone can just make accusations from throwaway accounts.

If you ask why I own games on Steam. Many of my favorite games are on Steam, some are exclusively. And I can get those games much cheaper than on GOG.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by le_chevalier