It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EBToriginal: douse it's roots in battery acid one night and kill the damn thing.
Not that simple, it would take a tanker of acid to kill this thing; it's over 15 metres tall and two people couldn't put their arms around the trunk, it's huge.

And the trees were here decades before the houses were built, if they die it can affect the moisture composition of the soil and cause foundations and driveways to crack.

Silverhawk170485: But you can order a firm to repair your roof and let the neigbour pay for it.
Doesn't work that way here.

The neighbour is only liable if he's negligent ie: He knows the tree has borers or termites and doesn't treat it.

Otherwise, it's an "act of god" and the only recourse is home insurance.

Silverhawk170485: If still some branches reach over to your property you can tell your neighbour to cut them down. If he refuses, you order a firm which cuts them down and you make your neighbour pay for that too.
Any branches hanging over are my responsibility, I can cut them and throw them over the fence, but I have to bear any cost.
Post edited February 23, 2017 by Kleetus
EBToriginal: douse it's roots in battery acid one night and kill the damn thing.
Kleetus: Not that simple, it would take a tanker of acid to kill this thing; it's over 15 metres tall and two people couldn't put their arms around the trunk, it's huge.

And the trees were here decades before the houses were built, if they die it can affect the moisture composition of the soil and cause foundations and driveways to crack.

Silverhawk170485: But you can order a firm to repair your roof and let the neigbour pay for it.
Kleetus: Doesn't work that way here.

The neighbour is only liable if he's negligent ie: He knows the tree has borers or termites and doesn't treat it.

Otherwise, it's an "act of god" and the only recourse is home insurance.

Silverhawk170485: If still some branches reach over to your property you can tell your neighbour to cut them down. If he refuses, you order a firm which cuts them down and you make your neighbour pay for that too.
Kleetus: Any branches hanging over are my responsibility, I can cut them and throw them over the fence, but I have to bear any cost.
I don't know how the rights are in Australia but in Germany you are legally responsibe if some thread goes out of your property and something happens. It's called "state liability": Property gives not only rights. It gives also obligations. You are responsibe in which state your property is and if some harm happens to an other person out of your property. You can even sue you neighbour, that he repairs your roof and cuts the tree down, that there are no more branches on your site. He can do that by himself, order a firm to do that or you order a firm and he pays it. It makes no difference. If he denies, to do or pay anything the punisment can go up to distraint, salary distraint and jail. But even if he goes to jail he still has to pay it afterwards. Normally you have an insurance for such cases. The other question is, if you like to live in a permanent dispute with your neighbour. ;)
Post edited February 24, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
EBToriginal: Gum trees suck, if it's your neighbor's tree, then douse it's roots in battery acid one night and kill the damn thing.
Silverhawk170485: I think this would be a crime. ;)
That is why you do it at night, no one sees you do it then you didn't do it.
1st world problem. I am almost certain Comcast is throttling my YouTube.
deleted
eksasol: 1st world problem. I am almost certain Comcast is throttling my YouTube.
Fairfox: I usese Comcast too (welp, XFINITY Blah). Sometiemz YouTube goes sheepy-slow for me but it resolves itself in an evening ooor day or so. Sometiemz it comes 'n' goes for a week or moar but it's nevah permanent. Mebbe it's somethang to do with teh... erm, teh local... Ooh, I don't know what it's called, due to extreme DimFox. Liek, when you connect to your local... exchange thang. All I kno is oft. a bunch o' peeps in mah area get it too 'n' YouTube is liek a badly compressed .jpg image, but it always resolves itself in teh end. Only seems to happen on specific sites, liek Google owned ones.
The way it work is YouTube videos load very poorly, means while if I go download something from another website it goes at max speed.
Has the online button here for anyone else messed up and moved?

Button in now under the country instead of username and is inactive.

I suspect it may be Trump, but I'm not certain at this stage.
Kleetus: Has the online button here for anyone else messed up and moved?

Button in now under the country instead of username and is inactive.

I suspect it may be Trump, but I'm not certain at this stage.
Mine is still the same.
Does it in both Chrome and IE.
Attachments:
eg.jpg (66 Kb)
eksasol: they only come there once a week, leaving a bulldog tied to a shed for a days at a time
ashwald: Please tell me they actually leave food and water for the dog and in quantities suitable for however many days they're away. -_-
Fuck those people, they still don't do shit although they acknowledges it.

I found a temporary solution, reducing visual cues reduces his barking, he still bark at other things, but hopefully this will make it more enjoyable for me to garden. I tried feeding it bison meat and he tries to bite me at the same time while eating my food, hypocrite dog.

At least the pug from my other neighbor appreciate me.
Attachments:
Post edited February 25, 2017 by eksasol
You have snails/slugs.
ashwald: Please tell me they actually leave food and water for the dog and in quantities suitable for however many days they're away. -_-
eksasol: Fuck those people, they still don't do shit although they acknowledges it.

I found a temporary solution, reducing visual cues reduces his barking, he still bark at other things, but hopefully this will make it more enjoyable for me to garden. I tried feeding it bison meat and he tries to bite me at the same time while eating my food, hypocrite dog.

Give the dog peanut butter.

I'm serious.

It's REALLY good for them and he'll be way too busy trying to get it off the roof of his mouth to bark.

AND THEN, and again I'm serious, call the Humane Society.
Anyone who treats a dog like that is subject to have the dog taken away and given to someone who will actually take care of it. They shouldn't be allowed to have him.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: It's REALLY good for them and he'll be way too busy trying to get it off the roof of his mouth to bark.
Peanut butter is not "really good for them" and you have to be kidding if you think that will stop barking.
tinyE: It's REALLY good for them and he'll be way too busy trying to get it off the roof of his mouth to bark.
Kleetus: Peanut butter is not "really good for them" and you have to be kidding if you think that will stop barking.
But not all peanut butter is safe for pets, and all dog owners should know about this potentially deadly ingredient. Xylitol, a sweetener used in many foods, including peanut butter, yogurt, toothpaste and chewing gum, is safe for humans but potentially deadly for dogs.You are correct and....nvm.
eksasol: Fuck those people, they still don't do shit although they acknowledges it.

But not all peanut butter is safe for pets, and all dog owners should know about this potentially deadly ingredient. Xylitol, a sweetener used in many foods, including peanut butter, yogurt, toothpaste and chewing gum, is safe for humans but potentially deadly for dogs.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by Tauto
My family has used peanut butter to get our dog to eat pills.
What peanut butters have that ingredient?