It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goodbye, Oscar. You truly were one-of-a-kind.
Damn myself for being a good person, honest and straightforward. Just as i was doing justice to myself, by getting related to new people on a new social media, trying to relive the good years and happy times that i NEVER did live in the first place and others continually ruined for me completely back then... Just while i was making a killing, being a hotshot and getting likes right and left and lucky moments here and there... Right when i was getting cute stuff devoted to me like paintings with hearts that not even once i received in offline life... I had to get honest and answer truthfully questions i was asked.

Why is the world so cruel and shameless? While i was hiding behind a mask, i was king in a winstreak. When i answered truthfully to questions about myself, former chummy persons and friend list members started deleting me. Even if i am a good boy and i sought strictly online and strictly friendship and stuff (i got some random bonus lucky moments too but i wasn't exactly after them), for once again, my honesty, life itself with its alienating "rules" and people's blindfolds (judging everything by numbers and narrow margins) conspired together, to give me the long finger, yet again...

The hypocrisy... One moment people telling me i am their bro and posting that on my wall, another moment cute things drawing me hearts with my nickname and theirs in it, then the very next moment when i answer truthfully to their questions, they turn me into an archfiend, an arch-villain or something and run off. Whatever is left from the remnants of my heart, truly weep.

And just as i was starting to reclaim the past from the future... Only thing i managed at the end, was a short glimpse of what could have been. A tiny substitute of the massive content i missed. Something transitory and very short, which ended up leaving me desiring more, instead of being sated.

Maybe i might have to resort to more cheats and hacks. For life. For now, i savor whatever few things i had the pleasure to rediscover and withdraw in yearning and regret. Tomorrow, the world is mine and i will see to it!
Post edited September 10, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I think I may be starting to suffer from gogger forum fatigue. A bit tired. Over two years of constant whining and joyless prattle might finally cause me to take a knee.

Not admitting defeat, just relocating to a new position. Taking stock of the SOP and making adjustments to the operational method of engagement.
Well, as of yesterday, I am officially unemployed. After two years, practically to the day, of gainful employment which saw me both graduated from "contract worker" to "corporate employee" and promoted to a better position with a higher wage, I am being laid off due to "lack of work" even though I know there is work that needs doing. To add insult to injury, there are four other contract workers in my department and they still chose to fire me over them. Of course, I didn't point any of this out to my manager as I wanted to at least take my leave graciously, but, as the sole breadwinner in my house, I can't help but think "Why me?".

There is nothing I hate more than looking for a job and, coming off of the job I just had, it's going to be very difficult to find something comparable. This comes at a terrible time as my wife and I were just about to start looking into buying a house and already had plans in place to start trying to have a baby. I've got a bit of savings to keep us afloat for about a month or so, but time goes by rather fast, so the pressure is definitely on to find new employment.

Anyway, I hate to be a complainer, but that's what this thread is for, right? I've been in worse situations in my years, and I'm sure I'll recover from this, but the thought of having to dance like a monkey in front of potential employers in the hope of getting a job is always something that I dread. I'm not asking for your pity, but if you've got a bit of luck to spare, I would certainly accept it.

Hopefully, you all are having a better day than I am. <insert forced smile emoticon>
KiNgBrAdLeY7: *snip*
It is usually better not to admit that one laughed at Mufasa's death...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: *snip*
viperfdl: It is usually better not to admit that one laughed at Mufasa's death...
It is usually better not to admit to someone who watched relatively recently Mufasa's death, that it has been seen already upon original movie's launch. There, corrected.

At least i found an anime pal there, too. AND japanese; but that person doesn't like traditional japanese cuisine and really confused me (since i am not japanese but i LOVE it!)...
Post edited September 11, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Tekkaman-James: ...
I'm very sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed you can find a new job (and a good one) soon.

My little piece of unwanted advice: Don't wait when it comes to having a baby. It never feels like "the right time" anyway. And you and your partner are not getting younger. Having a child takes a lot of dedication and strength. Yes, money too, but if you have friends or family who already have children and have leftover clothes and other stuff this can be alleviated a bit. In terms of caring for the newborn it's not all that bad if you have no work - at least you have a lot of time.
I don't know about your economical situation and the welfare/subsidy/unemployment insurance stuff in the UK, so I can't judge how grim your situation really is. But if you can manage financially somehow -> go for it.
toxicTom: [snip]
Thank you very much for the advice. I will try not to let my current financial situation get in the way of our plans to have a child. My wife is being very supportive and reassuring right now, which definitely takes the sting out a bit. I've also gotten a lead on a job through an acquaintance, so I'm hopeful that it will a successful (and fruitful) endeavor. I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thanks again for your reply.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Tekkaman-James: Thank you very much for the advice. I will try not to let my current financial situation get in the way of our plans to have a child. My wife is being very supportive and reassuring right now, which definitely takes the sting out a bit. I've also gotten a lead on a job through an acquaintance, so I'm hopeful that it will a successful (and fruitful) endeavor. I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thanks again for your reply.
You're very welcome. And good to hear your wife is with you (otherwise I would reconsider the relationship, tbh.)
Fingers crossed the job thing works out :-)
Now, I don't like to bitch about stuff, preferring to instead see a positive side to what happened, but I got a bit annoyed this morning when I managed to have my phone break to the point of being unusable, and was worried I would lose everything on it (luckily I had remote access on so I could at least save the important data when I got to work).

Walking down the stairs, I decided to check the time to know whether or not I would have to run to the tram or could take it easy and walk, somehow I dropped the phone and it landed face-down on a step in front of me. When I picked it up, the screen only displayed a few coloured lines running through the length of it, changing colours and shades as I dragged the finger around the screen.

Thankfully I had apparently left the SSH server on rather than disabling remote access (hey, Sailfish is a full Linux system, of course it offers SSH access), so I could archive the home directory and copy it off the phone, and I found a phone at work I can borrow until I get a new one or get mine fixed.

So, yeah, now to see how good Jolla's repair service is.
The local newspaper just did an article about the noble life and career of my Uncle.

The man is an avid white supremacist, scam artist, lush, and pathological liar.

Boggles the mind.
Why does things feel good at the time but bad later? Like right now I'm a bit drunk. It feels awesome. Depression is abated, social anxiety nixed, and yet I will feel like absolute dog shit tomorrow. It's not fair. Why can't I maintain a constant, productive, happy buzz and actually get shit done? Life sucks and is hard and the black dog should just go bother someone else. Also is anybody here from Denmark? I'm thinking of traveling that way next year.
tinyE: The local newspaper just did an article about the noble life and career of my Uncle.

Boggles the mind.
Oh...wait what? O.o
arrjayjee: Why does things feel good at the time but bad later? Like right now I'm a bit drunk. It feels awesome. Depression is abated, social anxiety nixed, and yet I will feel like absolute dog shit tomorrow. It's not fair. Why can't I maintain a constant, productive, happy buzz and actually get shit done? Life sucks and is hard and the black dog should just go bother someone else. Also is anybody here from Denmark? I'm thinking of traveling that way next year.
A tip: one drink, one glass of water, one drink, one glass of water. You'll pee a lot, but you'll likely end up NOT feeling like crap later. And you'll still be coherent while getting your buzz on.
tinyE: The local newspaper just did an article about the noble life and career of my Uncle.

Boggles the mind.
Soccorro: Oh...wait what? O.o
He forgot to mention that his uncle owns the newspaper. ; )
Post edited September 19, 2015 by HereForTheBeer
arrjayjee: Why does things feel good at the time but bad later? Like right now I'm a bit drunk. It feels awesome. Depression is abated, social anxiety nixed, and yet I will feel like absolute dog shit tomorrow. It's not fair. Why can't I maintain a constant, productive, happy buzz and actually get shit done? Life sucks and is hard and the black dog should just go bother someone else. Also is anybody here from Denmark? I'm thinking of traveling that way next year.
HereForTheBeer: A tip: one drink, one glass of water, one drink, one glass of water. You'll pee a lot, but you'll likely end up NOT feeling like crap later. And you'll still be coherent while getting your buzz on.
Soccorro: Oh...wait what? O.o
HereForTheBeer: He forgot to mention that his uncle owns the newspaper. ; )
He's too fucking lazy for that, though that is just the sort of thing he would tell everyone: "Right after I finished college William Randolf Hearst asked me to come on board and be his assistant editor, but the pay wasn't good enough."

There are so many things wrong with that statement not even counting that fact that he never went to college. :P
Post edited September 19, 2015 by tinyE